Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was Golden Wheel Monk a lone man? If not, where were his family/relatives in ROCH?

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    In the early edition after Jinlun fall from the tower and fatally injury he is hugging by Zhou Botong which use Huang Yaoshi's body armor..
    Three things happened to him in rapid sequence: first, he took a direct hit from Yeung Gor's Sad Palm, which might or might not have been enough to kill him. It didn't kill him immediately, however, because he was still alive for the aforementioned deadly hug from Chow Bak Tung, who was wearing the soft body armor that still had the snake poison from West Poison Au Yeung Fung that had killed Gong Nam Freak # 4 and Yeung Hong all those years ago. That combination would have guaranteed the Golden Wheel Monk a painful death, but the clincher was the burning tower falling on him when, with his last breath, he had a moment of repentance and saved Gwok Seung.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Three things happened to him in rapid sequence: first, he took a direct hit from Yeung Gor's Sad Palm, which might or might not have been enough to kill him. It didn't kill him immediately, however, because he was still alive for the aforementioned deadly hug from Chow Bak Tung, who was wearing the soft body armor that still had the snake poison from West Poison Au Yeung Fung that had killed Gong Nam Freak # 4 and Yeung Hong all those years ago. That combination would have guaranteed the Golden Wheel Monk a painful death, but the clincher was the burning tower falling on him when, with his last breath, he had a moment of repentance and saved Gwok Seung.
    Yeah that's why I never agree about Sad Palm would become "stronger" (in terms of power) when Yang Guo being "depressed" since he can't "automatically" kill Jinlun Fawang since even after fall from the tower Jinlun still alive which mean Sad Palm only become "deadly" not "stronger" when Yang Guo sad..

I see, thanks for the explaination (from you and Western Eccentric)

But doesn't it means the OYF poison last for decades or it just that the armor didn't get washed for decades lol.

But yeah I understood that one drop of the poison from OYF could kill hundred of sharks in the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by St3v3 View Post

But doesn't it means the OYF poison last for decades or it just that the armor didn't get washed for decades lol.
    Both.

I've read rumors that Wai Siu Bo's corpse-dissolving acid in DOMD was actually derived from Au Yeung Fung's snake poison (considering how quickly Yeung Hong's remains rotted, this is possible).

Quote Originally Posted by metsrus View Post
    How much of it was for patriotism and how much for personal glory? Didn't he stop trying and committed suicide when he realized he couldn't beat Yang Guo at the end?
    This is what happened in ROCH83 with Andy Lau as YG and Idy Chan as SLN.

No. He died saving Gwok Seung from the burning, collapsing tower. Was crushed under the burning tower. He was already gravely wounded by Yeung Gor and Chow Bak Tung before that, however.
    This did not happen in ROCH83. Either way, GWM was a sore loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    This is what happened in ROCH83 with Andy Lau as YG and Idy Chan as SLN.

This did not happen in ROCH83. Either way, GWM was a sore loser.
    I grew up with that adaptation, but...you know (I hope): Jin Yong didn't write the script of that show. He wrote the novel from which all adaptations derive.

You can prefer that adaptation, but that doesn't make it canonical.

Quote Originally Posted by metsrus View Post
    How much of it was for patriotism and how much for personal glory? Didn't he stop trying and committed suicide when he realized he couldn't beat Yang Guo at the end?
    No. He died saving Gwok Seung from the burning, collapsing tower. Was crushed under the burning tower. He was already gravely wounded by Yeung Gor and Chow Bak Tung before that, however.
    I grew up with that adaptation, but...you know (I hope): Jin Yong didn't write the script of that show. He wrote the novel from which all adaptations derive.

You can prefer that adaptation, but that doesn't make it canonical.
    When I think about LOCH, I think about Felix Wong, Barbara Yung and Michael Miu.
    When I think about ROCH, I think about Andy Lau and Idy Chan.
    When I think about HSDS, I think about Tony Leung, Kitty Lai and Sharon Tang.

It's hard to imagine other actors and actresses in those roles.