Thread: Taichi sword vs Dugu Nine Swords

Default Taichi sword vs Dugu Nine Swords

"After gaining basic proficiency of the Dugu Nine Swords minus the Qi Defeating stance, Linghu Chong had only felt nervous or pressurized during fights three times 1st time was facing Wudang's Sect Master, the Grand Priest Chongxu. His Taichi sword techniques covers all weaknesses and was very close to level of No Techniques. Linghu Chong was pushed to a stalemate where his defeat was inevitable due to the massive difference in base abilities between him and the Sect Master. It was here, he decided to risk it all and attack the strongest point of the Wudang Sect Master. Linghu Chong learned from this encounter that strongest points can also be weak points."

Is it safe to assume the creator of Taichi sword, Zhang Sanfeng has reached the genius level of Dugu Qiubai or close to it, in terms of martial arts?

Zhang Sanfeng might be as good as Dugu Qiubai as a "philosopher" even better but in terms of overall skills he is far below Dugu Qiubai level..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Zhang Sanfeng might be as good as Dugu Qiubai as a "philosopher" even better but in terms of overall skills he is far below Dugu Qiubai level..
    by a philosopher you mean a martial arts theorist? and not a practictioner?

Quote Originally Posted by metsrus View Post
    by a philosopher you mean a martial arts theorist? and not a practictioner?
    Yeah since great martial arts not always mean great fighter too..

Yeah since great martial arts not always mean great fighter too..
    Cheung 3 Fung was both, though, and while it's unknown how well he would do in a duel against Dook Goo Kau Bai (better than most, I would imagine, whether or not he actually wins), he's much more of a well-rounded martial artist than Dook Goo Kau Bai. Dook Goo Kau Bai was great exactly one thing: defeating an opponent in a duel. Perhaps he did that better than anyone who ever wandered wulin, but his other skills and abilities are unknown. Cheung 3 Fung was also accomplished in defeating opponents in duels, but his Mo Dong Sect martial arts had so many diverse applications other than fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Cheung 3 Fung was both, though, and while it's unknown how well he would do in a duel against Dook Goo Kau Bai (better than most, I would imagine, whether or not he actually wins), he's much more of a well-rounded martial artist than Dook Goo Kau Bai. Dook Goo Kau Bai was great exactly one thing: defeating an opponent in a duel. Perhaps he did that better than anyone who ever wandered wulin, but his other skills and abilities are unknown. Cheung 3 Fung was also accomplished in defeating opponents in duels, but his Mo Dong Sect martial arts had so many diverse applications other than fighting.
    I don't say Zhang Sanfeng isn't great fighter but honestly he is far below Dugu Qiubai level since he never say that he is "undefeated" his top skills also cannot make you "super strong" (allowed you to reach great level/near great level) like HIS or DG9S..

I don't say Zhang Sanfeng isn't great fighter but honestly he is far below Dugu Qiubai level since he never say that he is "undefeated" his top skills also cannot make you "super strong" (allowed you to reach great level/near great level) like HIS or DG9S..
    We got to see Cheung 3 Fung from his earliest days in wulin (when he was a teenager) and his early struggles against opponents such as Ho Juk Do, but other than that...when was Cheung 3 Fung ever actually *defeated*? Oh, sure, that fake Shaolin monk got the drop on him and managed to hurt him a bit, but considering that Cheung 3 Fung suffered no enduring disability and that fake monk ended up *dead*, I wouldn't count that as a defeat (moreover, while it was said that Dook Goo Kau Bai won all his duels, nothing said that he never sustained any injury at the hands his opponents, while still winning). As for reaching Greats level, surely we need to give some credit to Yeung Gor, Fung Ching Yeung, and Ling Wu Chung as extraordinary talents who had the aptitude to gain from Dook Goo Kau Bai's ideas. Perhaps none of Cheung 3 Fung's students had the talent to make it that far (or, in the case of Cheung Chui San, was cut off from his teacher's guidance for ten years and then died before he could learn any truly advanced skills from him). Give the Mo Brothers the Heavy Iron Sword and I doubt they'd get anywhere with it. Give the Dook Goo 9 Swords manual to Mok Sing Guk and Yan Lei Ting, and while they might improve, I don't think they'd reach Greats level because they didn't have sufficient personal aptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    We got to see Cheung 3 Fung from his earliest days in wulin (when he was a teenager) and his early struggles against opponents such as Ho Juk Do, but other than that...when was Cheung 3 Fung ever actually *defeated*? Oh, sure, that fake Shaolin monk got the drop on him and managed to hurt him a bit, but considering that Cheung 3 Fung suffered no enduring disability and that fake monk ended up *dead*, I wouldn't count that as a defeat (moreover, while it was said that Dook Goo Kau Bai won all his duels, nothing said that he never sustained any injury at the hands his opponents, while still winning). As for reaching Greats level, surely we need to give some credit to Yeung Gor, Fung Ching Yeung, and Ling Wu Chung as extraordinary talents who had the aptitude to gain from Dook Goo Kau Bai's ideas. Perhaps none of Cheung 3 Fung's students had the talent to make it that far (or, in the case of Cheung Chui San, was cut off from his teacher's guidance for ten years and then died before he could learn any truly advanced skills from him). Give the Mo Brothers the Heavy Iron Sword and I doubt they'd get anywhere with it. Give the Dook Goo 9 Swords manual to Mok Sing Guk and Yan Lei Ting, and while they might improve, I don't think they'd reach Greats level because they didn't have sufficient personal aptitude.
    Well you're right but talent alone isn't enough if the skills you're learn only as good as your opponents I mean can Guo Jing or even Xiao Feng defeat Ouyang Feng or Murong Bo or Jinlun Fawang only with 18 Dragon Palm..