Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: LOL I DON'T get Chinese people anymore.

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    NO, it is not .

    Man-hating is never the message unless you have no critical thinking skills.

    The message is very much man-loving, BUT also embracing feminism very strongly. Yes, there is feminism that's radiated very powerfully, but that does NOT equate anyway to man-hating.

    Women suffered, and wanted equality for a long time now to male counterparts.

    Women's point of existence isn't to only be man's love interest mainly, woman CAN be as smart and as powerful as man.

    But I understand, a lot of American Republicans and Chinese man still thinks female should not have men-power jobs, and be a lesser and be just housewives or something, sexism in society is still very much there.

    GO SEE Barbie!!!
    Are you joking or are you just blind?

    The movie is basically: Women Good, Men Bad

    Maybe if you stopped your obnoxious women worshipping you would see it.
    "If you have ever ogled at a handsome man in entertainment medium, you have forfeited your right to complain about women being sexualized and objectified in entertainment medium."

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FalconPunch190 View Post
    Are you joking or are you just blind?

    The movie is basically: Women Good, Men Bad

    Maybe if you stopped your obnoxious women worshipping you would see it.

    Ummmm, NO, I think you either are also one of those "President should never be a woman" type of sexist or your comprehension skills of understanding movies is shortsighted.

    Here - read this. https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueFilm/co...be_supportive/

    For this movie, it's got a 90% critics and audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

    MAJORITY do not see any male-hating in this movie, it's only a minority but loudest group which feels that way.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    > Maybe if you stopped your obnoxious women worshipping you would see it.

    This reads to me like a sexist comment... I am NOT worshipping them mindlessly! But I just value and appreciate females OR a black person, IF they are as good or better than any white men are, I am NOT a bigoted, discriminatory, misogynist that's IT.

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu
    But I understand, a lot of American Republicans and Chinese man still thinks female should not have men-power jobs, and be a lesser and be just housewives or something, sexism in society is still very much there.
    Firstly, have you ever even contemplated the fact that many women would actually like to choose to be housewives? And if they do, it's definitely not a "lesser" thing as you make it out to be. It's all about choice - which seems to be something you don't agree with.

    Secondly, women are different to men. Women of their own will, in general choose different jobs to the ones men choose (the so-called "men-power" jobs). And the jobs that women choose are the ones that tend to pay less. There is no "glass ceiling" and there is no "sexism" stopping women from getting "men-power" jobs. Women have been Queens of countries, Prime Ministers of Countries and CEOs and Owners of companies/businesses even before you were even born.

    Thirdly, in the Western societies, do you even realize that women have MORE rights than men? Go and research it, it's a fact.

    Fourthly, do you know what Affirmative Action is? It's a law/system that discriminates against men and favours women in the hiring process for jobs. Which means that if a man and woman applied for job, the woman will get it on the basis of her being a woman, even if her qualifications are lesser than the man's qualifications. Look it up, it's a very real thing, experiments have been done.

    So technically, in the Western, European and Eastern societies, it's actually the men who are the lesser and are suffering from sexism in both law and society. It's an actual fact. I bet you have no problems with this though, right Don?

    Women's point of existence isn't to only be man's love interest mainly, woman CAN be as smart and as powerful as man.
    They already are that in the majority of the world. You see, this is where Barbie movie has completely fooled you with it's feminist propaganda, making you think that the women are "inferior" due to being "oppressed" 24/7 all the time. This is absolutely not true in the majority of the world these days, women have the same rights as men do, and socially, women have major privileges over men.

    For this movie, it's got a 90% critics and audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
    lmao, this is a joke right? Do you even realize that Rotten Tomatoes is biased in favour of film critics and the Woke Feminist ideology, and they have been caught before manipulating and REMOVING reviews that don't follow their ideology?

    I think you either are also one of those "President should never be a woman" type of sexist
    No. I am an Egalitarian and see and treat everyone equally. Your accusations/labelling of "sexist" against me to try and destroy my character doesn't work on me, I've dealt with white-knights like you before.

    This reads to me like a sexist comment...
    Then you will need to read it again, because there is no sexism whatsoever in my comment.

    I am NOT worshipping them mindlessly!
    Yes you are. You've allowed Feminism and Social Justice to completely distort your views from the truth. Quite frankly, in the stuff you wrote about women, it all aligns with with the lies that Feminism and Social Justice teaches and it's just pathetic that you believe it all without even questioning it.

    But I just value and appreciate females OR a black person, IF they are as good or better than any white men are, I am NOT a bigoted, discriminatory, misogynist that's IT.
    Oh god, here comes all the Race stuff as well now. No-one said that females and black people are not valued.

    You have been completely deceived by feminism and Social Justice to the point where you are beyond saving.
    "If you have ever ogled at a handsome man in entertainment medium, you have forfeited your right to complain about women being sexualized and objectified in entertainment medium."

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    LOL, trust me I am not even a woke person at all, race and social justice is for a fact the LEAST of issues I am concerned about when I vote politicians, personally. But you don't know me, so you think I am that woke just because I said something about females or blacks deserve equality. So it has became obvious to everyone reading your comments that your attitude totally is aligned with someone like Ben Shapiro/Fox News pundits hating on this movie.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    >race and social justice is for a fact the LEAST of issues I am concerned about when I vote politicians.

    Actually, let me elaborate on this.

    I am actually utterly annoyed whenever I see there are a bunch of issues and someone only focuses on race/social justice, and not on other issues.

    The fact I mentioned it, didn't mean at all that it's my more important issues, AT ALL.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    BTW, for those here that don't understand the American 'woke' context. It is someone who is often proactive and advocate strongly about these issues such as sexism, or social justice.

    To me it has ALWAYS been that females and males IMO are equal. But that's just something I totally very passively about, and LEAST of my concerns when it comes to politics and elections.

    I only mentioned it, cuz he has accused me of worship females. LOL, that's all on him. I am NOT woke. I do probably worship beautiful, smart women that DO deserve it, but ain't blind, I not only don't worship females that don't deserve it, I will probably insult such women as well!

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    >No. I am an Egalitarian and see and treat everyone equally. Your accusations/labelling of "sexist" against me to try and destroy my character doesn't work on me, I've dealt with white-knights like you before.

    OK, so you agree with me, if a female is smart and very capable, she can be the President of United States, China, or any countries?

    Cool. Good. Move on.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    LOL, trust me I am not even a woke person at all, race and social justice is for a fact the LEAST of issues I am concerned about when I vote politicians, personally. But you don't know me, so you think I am that woke just because I said something about females or blacks deserve equality.
    No, I think you are a woke person because you still believe that women and people of colour are still 'oppressed' and don't have equality.

    The fact is, women and people of colour already have equality in vast majority of world. In fact, in the Western societies, women have MORE rights than men. This is something you've completely ignored - that's why I think you're woke.

    And the "you don't know me" argument makes no sense - of course I don't know you, therefore I can only judge on what you say in this forum.

    So it has became obvious to everyone reading your comments that your attitude totally is aligned with someone like Ben Shapiro/Fox News pundits hating on this movie.
    I am not even a fan of Shapiro and nor do I align with the Right-wing/conservatives. I don't align with Left either or any other political affiliation.

    Anyone with a brain can see that the Barbie movie comes from the feminist/woke man-hating agenda that is everywhere in Western societies these days. You say the movie is "respectful to men", yet it portrays men as nasty, oppressors, chauvinists and SA committers?

    There is a reason on why prior to it's release, the movie was marketed as a fun movie and didn't mention the woke feminist rubbish in it, because they knew that it would put people off.

    I am actually utterly annoyed whenever I see there are a bunch of issues and someone only focuses on race/social justice
    But yet, you are completely okay with the feminist/social justice propaganda in the Barbie movie?
    "If you have ever ogled at a handsome man in entertainment medium, you have forfeited your right to complain about women being sexualized and objectified in entertainment medium."

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    I am done with you, I don't know who you are, and frankly don't care.

    I am completely honest with you when I mean I am not woke, but if you don't believe, that's on you!

    You still refuses to answer me on my question "Are you OK with a Black female President, IF she is smart and capable" makes me think you probably not actually OK with that.

    That's fine, you don't have to answer. However, one last thing I will add before I am done with YOU on this topic, as a Chinese American, I am often being prejudiced by white men when I behave a little bit Asian/Chinese to them. I mean, are they evil? NO, but do I feel I am treated equally as a Chinese men in America, NOT always that's for sure.


    We are going way off-topic in this thread for a long time anyway, and I am also personally to blame for this shit as well.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    (Sorry, but due to the fact I could not edit my post on this broken forum, I will add this in - I am by NO means AT ALL active and always preaching about the subject of race or social justice like I keep preach 'Please let a Chinese or Black female be the President of the US' I DON'T do that cuz I am not woke. But however, if a smart and capable Chinese, Black, Mexico female are the US President I just would NOT object!)

  12. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu
    You still refuses to answer me on my question "Are you OK with a Black female President, IF she is smart and capable" makes me think you probably not actually OK with that.
    I already answered you in message #24. I quote of myself:

    "I am an Egalitarian and see and treat everyone equally."
    "If you have ever ogled at a handsome man in entertainment medium, you have forfeited your right to complain about women being sexualized and objectified in entertainment medium."

  13. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2023
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Hmm, this thread sounds like OP never watched Lost You Forever (2023) drama b4... J/K the only ones signing up for VIP membership at streaming websites are the females. Guys tend to watch anime, girls tend to watch TV dramas. Production companies go where the money is!

  14. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2023
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    Do every Chinese viewer want Romance-focused in every TV series they put out these days?

    IF America or Europe does this, that is going to be complained about.

    Where are shows have great Wuxia, action, fight, or straight up suspenseful plot?
    I don't understand this guy's obsession with Wuxia and kung fu fights. They're all fake. Even the scenes by Bruce Lee and Jackie are all fake. Modern fights are all choreographed using CGI figures. Makes no difference from the fight scenes of the past using real Kung Fu artists.

  15. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unisoc618 View Post
    the only ones signing up for VIP membership at streaming websites are the females. Guys tend to watch anime, girls tend to watch TV dramas. Production companies go where the money is!
    There is actually a fallacy with this point. The reason on why women are signing up for VIP membership at the streaming websites is because 99% of the content they make panders and caters to the female audience.

    If the streaming websites actually made content that caters to men (i.e. like the 1980s and 1990s Wuxia and Hong Kong movies) then you will definitely get males to sign up for VIP membership. Have gratuitous hot/sexy women doing hot/sexy things in these shows and have adverts/commercials/covers with hot women in bikinis and revealing outfits. The male audience will then arrive.

    If all you get are covers/thumbnails/adverts of handsome/pretty boy/men everywhere and shirtless/objectifying scenes of these men in the shows then do not expect much of a male audience.

    I don't understand this guy's obsession with Wuxia and kung fu fights. They're all fake. Even the scenes by Bruce Lee and Jackie are all fake. Modern fights are all choreographed using CGI figures. Makes no difference from the fight scenes of the past using real Kung Fu artists.
    Is this sarcasm?

    The fighting scenes are a major essence of Wuxia and is what makes Wuxia great. I would even say it's one of the main reasons (if not, the reason) on why men watch these shows.
    "If you have ever ogled at a handsome man in entertainment medium, you have forfeited your right to complain about women being sexualized and objectified in entertainment medium."

Similar Threads

  1. Stuff you don't see much of anymore...
    By Ken Cheng in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-30-23, 09:15 PM
  2. MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: I don't hate Yeung Gor anymore.
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 341
    Last Post: 09-02-09, 03:55 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-08, 04:55 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-16-08, 01:01 PM
  5. Best ATV series..they don't make them anymore
    By QF in forum ATV TV Series
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-17-07, 02:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •