Thread: Network Switch purchase/setup recommendations

Default Network Switch purchase/setup recommendations

Hi,
    I am looking at pricing out some HPE network switches.
    We are a small business currently and I am looking at recommendations on how I should setup my network. I have a watchguard firewall, a few servers, and a couple of WAPs.
    I am in the works of setting up VLANs to separate the network since I am basically at ground zero for the network. I will have multiple VLANs on the switches.
    Would you recommend just a core switch with an access switch or two? I am trying to future proof and so I was thinking along these lines.

What HP switches would you recommend for the job? I am only looking at HP right because we currently sell the aruba WAPs that we will eventually use in house.

Thank you for any recommendations.

I would say that's more than enough power. Cisco and Juniper makes a nice switch. Just make sure your distributor gives you a good discount!
    Sounds like you've got it covered. Just make a sketch of the building with port locations, and draw it out the way you envision it. Things usually just fall into place after that.
    https://toptenreviewsite.com/top-10-network-switch-manufacturers-of-2023/
    Last edited by AbbNelson; 08-14-23 at 11:51 AM.

Embarking on my design journey with Pixelbuddha's branding mockups https://pixelbuddha.net/search?text=branding+mockup has been nothing short of a success story! Their extensive collection empowered me to elevate my brand presentations to new heights. From crafting sleek corporate identities to injecting creativity into every detail, Pixelbuddha's mockups provided the perfect canvas for my vision. With their intuitive interface and high-quality templates, I seamlessly integrated mockups into my workflow, impressing clients and exceeding expectations. Pixelbuddha truly transformed my design process, turning aspirations into achievements and paving the way for continued success in the world of branding.
    Last edited by tokyo; 03-29-24 at 12:13 PM.