Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Zhang Wu Ji Heaven & Earth Great Shift

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    91

    Default Zhang Wu Ji Heaven & Earth Great Shift

    So can somebody tell me, what does Ming Cult Heaven & Earth Great Shift actually do, to an extend that it capable to transform Zhang Wuji into one of the strongest fighter in his era?

    Because I think this Heaven & Earth doesn't has any form of External martial art, namely punching and kicking techniques in it. But only a series of breathing Exercises like Yoga training.

    If it's truly do like that, then how this Heaven & Earth Great Shift give more benefit to Zhang Wuji in his fighting ability than his previous 9 Yang Inner Martial art?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,406

    Default

    Yeah you right Qian Kun Shift doesn't have any of "external arts" but this technique allowed Wuji to utilize and manipulate his 9 Yang energy until highest maximum this technique (which combine with Wuji's knowledge about human body acupuncture) also allowed Wuji to mimicking his opponents skills and since no Greats live in HSDS era except Z3F then Wuji's prowess in martial arts though only limited in Qian Kun Shift and 9 Yang make him the first and only person which could rival Z3F at that time..

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Oh, but 9 Yang also doesn't has "external arts", aka punch and kick techniques.

    Well, my question is what does Heaven & Earth Great Shift do exactly, to an extend that it gives Zhang Wu Ji the capability to mimic the enemies movement, etc. I mean, prior Heaven & Earth Great Shift, Zhang Wuji is already strong. But he shows that he doesn't possess any worthy external arts that make him powerful. But after he learn Heaven & Earth Great Shift, he can move like a powerful martial artist without any problem. Yet, Heaven & earth Great Shift itself doesn't has a series of "External Art" technique that give Zhang the ability do do kungfu.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainsuker View Post
    Oh, but 9 Yang also doesn't has "external arts", aka punch and kick techniques.

    Well, my question is what does Heaven & Earth Great Shift do exactly, to an extend that it gives Zhang Wu Ji the capability to mimic the enemies movement, etc. I mean, prior Heaven & Earth Great Shift, Zhang Wuji is already strong. But he shows that he doesn't possess any worthy external arts that make him powerful. But after he learn Heaven & Earth Great Shift, he can move like a powerful martial artist without any problem. Yet, Heaven & earth Great Shift itself doesn't has a series of "External Art" technique that give Zhang the ability do do kungfu.
    I'll give you analogy 9 Yang is a "tank" while Qian Kun is a "wheels" and and external skills is a "steer" which mean even without proper "driver" you still can "move" depending of the circumstances..

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    111

    Default

    9 Yang gives large and almost unlimited internal energy that equal to the Yang Guo and Guo Jing
    Heaven & Earth Great Shift makes ZWJ could feel the flow of energy that is performed by other martial artist, so ZWJ could mimic the external arts movement including the how they manage the internal energy along the movements. So, it is much easier for Wu Ji to perform the same martial arts much easier learned it instantly.

    The advantage is while memorize and mimic the martial arts movement while fighting, the enemies has much weaker internal energy so they hardly could injured ZWJ, except Zhou Zhi Ruo of course, where he is out of his mind every time he has to fight her.

    The other advantage is ZWJ large internal energy also makes him much easier to learned any martial arts without any difficulties. We can compare how he learned first 6 step of Heaven & Earth Great Shift in only one hour each step, compare to 7 years to other matial arts who has only limited internal energy. Even previous leader of Ming Clan, Yang Ding Tian, die because of he found his wife affairs and Chen Kun, and he couldn't handle the burnout. notes; he is one of top martial artist at his era. Even Yang Xiao is stuck for years learning 2nd step of Heaven & Earth Great Shift.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainsuker View Post
    So can somebody tell me, what does Ming Cult Heaven & Earth Great Shift actually do, to an extend that it capable to transform Zhang Wuji into one of the strongest fighter in his era?

    Because I think this Heaven & Earth doesn't has any form of External martial art, Buckshot Roulette namely punching and kicking techniques in it. But only a series of breathing Exercises like Yoga training.

    If it's truly do like that, then how this Heaven & Earth Great Shift give more benefit to Zhang Wuji in his fighting ability than his previous 9 Yang Inner Martial art?
    This method explores the inner workings of cultivation. Instead of emphasizing exterior martial methods, it concentrates on breathing exercises and inner energy manipulation.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St3v3 View Post
    9 Yang gives large and almost unlimited internal energy that equal to the Yang Guo and Guo Jing
    Heaven & Earth Great Shift makes ZWJ could feel the flow of energy that is performed by other martial artist, so ZWJ could mimic the external arts movement including the how they manage the internal energy along the movements. So, it is much easier for Wu Ji to perform the same martial arts much easier learned it instantly.

    The advantage is while memorize and mimic the martial arts movement while fighting, the enemies has much weaker internal energy so they hardly could injured ZWJ, except Zhou Zhi Ruo of course, where he is out of his mind every time he has to fight her.

    The other advantage is ZWJ large internal energy also makes him much easier to learned any martial arts without any difficulties. We can compare how he learned first 6 step of Heaven & Earth Great Shift in only one hour each step, compare to 7 years to other matial arts who has only limited internal energy. Even previous leader of Ming Clan, Yang Ding Tian, die because of he found his wife affairs and Chen Kun, and he couldn't handle the burnout. notes; he is one of top martial artist at his era. Even Yang Xiao is stuck for years learning 2nd step of Heaven & Earth Great Shift.
    Ok then, I start to understand a little about Heaven & Earth Great Shift.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainsuker View Post
    Ok then, I start to understand a little about Heaven & Earth Great Shift.
    But it also bring another confusion to me, as the name of Martial Art is Heaven & Earth Great Shift; but the capability is to detect the flow of energy inside another person.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainsuker View Post
    But it also bring another confusion to me, as the name of Martial Art is Heaven & Earth Great Shift; but the capability is to detect the flow of energy inside another person.
    detecting the flow of energy and movements is just one of the abilities, the other is being able to redirect and steer the energy flow, that's where the skills got it name from

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-13-24, 04:52 AM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-24-16, 06:48 PM
  3. Legend Of Heaven & Earth: The Mermaid
    By lilviet_grl8o8 in forum Taiwanese TV Series
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-18-16, 09:57 AM
  4. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-22-14, 01:45 AM
  5. Stephen Chow plans to shift to TV screen
    By Omniflame in forum Entertainment News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-04, 04:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •