Thread: Funny Jin Yong scene from Yolo (2024)

Default Funny Jin Yong scene from Yolo (2024)

I was quite shocked to see it. In this 2024 movie, there is a scene where they hired the monk that kidnapped Duan Yu from Demi Gods / Semi Devils 1997 (the one starring Carman Lee).

They made him dress in the same outfit as the TV drama and made him sing the opening credit song. LMAO, it seems the script writer of Yolo (2024) was heavily influenced by past TVB drama series!

P.S: Where to watch YOLO (2024)... I actually pirated it. Took me a couple of days to download the 4K 60fps version. File size was 26GB! Anyone living outside of China and really anxious to watch it, pirating it is very doable...!

I watched it all on my bedroom wall (projected image was/is at least 100 inches diagonal). For me, it was no different than living in China and watching it at the cinema!

Alright so just to jog everyone's memory, this is the opening song of DemiGods 1997:

In YOLO (2024) the monk with the thick lobed ears was standing on a stage and began to sing that song. Personally, I don't know why they added this EASTER EGG into the movie. The movie is geared towards fat obese young girls to encourage them to lose weight. This above scene is not something the new generation of youths would be able to pick up/out on...

So, if you watch this clip, the monk with thick lobed ears at 0:31-0:33 is the character that appears in YOLO (2024) singing the theme song of Demigods 1997:

Why did they pay tribute to Jin Yong in this completely unrelated movie? For me it was the weirdest thing ever!