Thread: Condor Heroes Knock-off/Imitation/Copycats

Default Condor Heroes Knock-off/Imitation/Copycats

I've seen various imitations of RoCH over the years. The most obvious one is 3Lives3Worlds where YeHua ends up losing an arm and ppl calling Bai Qian "GuGu".

Another distant knock-off is Fights Break Sphere what with Xiao Yan and his huge arse ruler. They couldn't make XunEr a much older woman than Xiao Yan, so they weaved in some romance between Xiao Yan and "auntie" YunYun.

This most recent imitation came as a shock to me. You guys prob know XLN dresses in pink not white in the 2003 anime. Nevertheless, BiliBili took XLN char design from the 2003 anime, made her 3D CGI instead of 2D cartoon drawing, and gave her a white dress. Immortality anime by BiliBili is what I would consider the closest imitation to date to the original work by Jin Yong...

Compare Condor Heroes (2003) anime XLN:

This anime, BiliBili's Immortality, took everything from RoCH including monk/fighter with flying wheel. It really captures the spirit of XLN too...

Anyone who is a fan of RoCH should not miss out on this clever imitation that draws inspiration from the 2003 anime!

IMO, they really nailed the anime XLN looks. The resemblance of the FL in Immortality to the 2003 cartoon XLN is remarkable..!

https://www.animeclick.it/images/ser...ondorHero1.jpg

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://www.animeclick.it/images/serie/LegendofCondorHero/LegendofCondorHero1.jpg')

I almost forgot about A Will Eternal by Tencent. It focuses more on the relationship between YG (Bai XiaoChun) and GJ (Uncle Li). The other weird thing is XLN (Song JunWan) is only 1 of 4 FL's!

BTW guys, I wouldn't bother watching these shows on YT. Most of them were recently released or still airing. You can find the 4K or 1080p HQ version if you know where to look (wink* wink* nod* nod*)...

Other things lifted from RoCH:

- In Fights Break Sphere there is a botched wedding involving YunYun just like the botched wedding in RoCH.
    - In Fights Break Sphere Xiao Yan is betrothed to Guo Fu, who is NaLanYanRan.
    - In Immortality Fang Han is betrothed to Guo Fu, who initially bullied him, and is played by the FL's younger sister.

Anyways, I just want to say that BiliBili takes Immortality very seriously as they are already airing S3. Only series worth doing by any company ever get more than 1 season!

Non-resistance and harmony are important ideals in aikido. Its doctrine promotes using an opponent's energy against them by diverting and distributing basketbros wrath.
    Last edited by almostjubilant; 05-30-24 at 10:27 PM.