Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Heroes 2024

Default The Legend of Heroes 2024

My last thread here before this forum shutdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozZZ5BlfB8Q
    Download the e-book Jin Yong Wuxia Novel, as well as Gu Long and other Wuxia authors.

Download the e-book Jin Yong Wuxia Novel, as well as Gu Long and other Wuxia authors.

Banned

Here's my reaction to forum shutting down:

https://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthr...53#post1163753

1. Wuxia is a dying breed. No point keeping wuxia-centric community going.

2. Lazy admin failed to fix broken img tag after so many years. Why bother host a forum if u not gonna let ppl share pics?

3. This happened to another forum I frequent too. Another site popped to to soak up all the members after it was announced the forum would shut down. New site even made an effort to link new members post count to the old site provided they registered with the same name. Sites go down new ones pop up. BIG DEAL!!

4. This site requires the latest browser to work. Are u fukkin kidding me? Only banks are allowed to demand you use the latest browser for security reasons. If I go on my Android 5.x tablet, I'm greeted with a msg saying this site not viewable with my current browser. Hell I can go on any other forum on the tablet (even ones just opened in 2024) and they all work fine BUT this one. Why this ONE must be so privileged as to NOT viewable on my tablet? All the ONE more reason to AXE the website.

--------

Here's what I have to say about Legend of Heroes:

Hey it's the year 2024. I no longer care about pirating 1080p. 1080p is so yester-year! Depending on how popular Jin Yong is with the modern Gen Z crowd, it's very possible you can pirate the show in 4K. I did it with Joy of Life S1+2. Took me 1k to pirate 100GB worth of 4K episodes (46 S1 + 36 S2 = 82, the number of 4K JoL episodes currently on my hard drive...)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unisoc618 View Post
    Took me 1k to pirate 100GB worth of 4K episodes (46 S1 + 36 S2 = 82, the number of 4K JoL episodes currently on my hard drive...)
    That should have said "took me 1wk to pirate 100GB" not 1k.

Banned

My first Wuxia series. Someone actually recorded the whole series from TV onto VHS tapes and passed them onto me to binge watch all in a couple of days. So, no I did not watch in 1984 much many years later!

The first time I followed SPCNET (first thread):

https://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthr...ming-Liu-Yifei

HINDSIGHT:

Former -- worth

Latter -- nah, wasn't worth a bother

I can't believe China produced that kind of garbage quality in 2006! We now have Tencent to rival Hollywood when adapting Chinese serials..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unisoc618 View Post
    My first Wuxia series. Someone actually recorded the whole series from TV onto VHS tapes and passed them onto me to binge watch all in a couple of days. So, no I did not watch in 1984 much many years later!

The first time I followed SPCNET (first thread):

https://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthr...ming-Liu-Yifei

HINDSIGHT:

Former -- worth

Latter -- nah, wasn't worth a bother

I can't believe China produced that kind of garbage quality in 2006! We now have Tencent to rival Hollywood when adapting Chinese serials..
    I was browsing SPCNET when RoCH 2006 was still in production, just to let ya all know..

Banned

RANDOM LIFE ADVICE (FORUM PARTING GIFT):

I once read that you have it made in life when you are married to a Japanese woman, eat Chinese food, and live in an American home.

I call bullshiet, NOT bullshiet, and bullshiet.

Japanese women are outwardly pleasant, but they all have a kind of autism and harbor coward mentality. They're the kind to randomnly throw a kitchen knife at you for no apparent reason, and being of coward mentality they will wreak havoc on your life when you cause them to feel the slightest bit fearful!

Chinese foods are better than Western food. The latter is often laced with chemicals and preservatives, no good for your health.

American homes are the suck. Their bathroom and kitchen sinks smell like poo because they only have one drain for sewage and sink waste water.

THE REAL LIFE ADVICE:

You know you have it made in life when you have a baren bedroom wall from across your bed that can accomodate a 120 inch (projected) image. I been to some White ppls homes, their bedrooms are so small and plastered with wallpaper you'd be hard press to put a 50 inch image onto it...

Don't be like the old farts who only ever watched shows and movies on CRT TVs and Flat Screen TVs and curved OLED TVs...!!

Banned

The poor Jin Yong finally getting the 4K treatment. Personally, I don't think any1 can call themselves a TRUE JIN YONG FAN unless they've watched at least one of his works in 4K.

BTW, I just pirated White Snake 4K CGI movie (18GB) from Chinese sharers. Just a word of caution, I wouldn't go about pirating Hollywood stuff if you live abroad. 1. Those movies aren't even worth your time. 2. The studios are out to catch ppl especially those who live in their own home countries or within their own legal jurisdiction. BUT if you live outside China and pirate stuff from within China, you're pretty much safe from Chinese anti-piracy authorities/groups...

Also, you're doing China a favor by helping nurture and grow her soft power outside of China!!

Banned

Honestly Jin Yong going the way of Bruce Lee. They were Gods in their times. Nobody cares about them anymore. Thank goodness companies like BiliBili hadn't brought into the Jin Young dying/dead craze. Tencent only doing this kind of series to line up their roster of dramas for VIP subscribers. They're not doing it because they love Jin Yong, only just needs something to keep their VIP subscribers interest in between the mega hits like Joy of Life, Three Body, etc.

I think the only other alternative is Soompi right?

Which, isn't close to Wuxia being their majority of members favorite genre.

I will argue though, Wuxia ISN'T a dying breed, China is sadly going the OPPOSITE direction, is what it is.

People are still going crazy over a good Wuxia (Original, NOT Jin Yong rehashes) if China does it.

Wuxia is sorta like America's Star Wars, MCU, DC Comics it's just COOL AS SHIT, but China is doing mostly crap that is Xian Xia, or romance-centric shows with fake Wuxia, really sad!

Again, Wuxia is and SHOULDN'T be dead.

A lot of people in America complain MCU is dead, people are tired of Superhero movies.

Well, I bet you million dollars if anyone would take that bet, Deadpool and Wolverine will make close to Billion dollars if not surpass it!

Like I said above, WHY Wuxia is compared to Superhero/MCU/DC/Star Wars movies is because at the CORE Kung Fu and Wuxia is COOL AS SHIT. Darth Maul is among the favorite of many Star Wars fans. The Kung Fu scene in the opening of The Acolyte is among the favorite of people impression of this series so far. Shang-Chi is among favorite of many MCU fans.

All of it is Wuxia/Kung Fu influenced and PEOPLE LOVE IT!

China is DUMB, abandoning it and going to the opposite direction.

I am VERY looking forward to this series, BUT nevertheless it is a remake/rehash, China is DUMB that they couldn't come up with any original good Wuxia for us anymore. That's the sad part!

It ain't dead breed. It's got A tons of fans, but fans don't anything feed to them to be excited for is what that problem is!

Also, PUT OUT a 10 minutes trailer to get people hyped!!!

You got here a 60 whooping episodes TV series, and all we got is a 2-3 minutes trailer. That's not much.

Need I to remind the showmakers this isn't even something you can be spoiled on... everyone knows the LOCH story, so how are we only seeing just a couple minutes footage?

Also dumb!

i legitly think the promotion is awful for this series

They only putting out a 2-3 minutes trailer for 60 episodes show.

And I expected yesterday to put out new trailer or something, but did not.

And there are no MVs

Won't be surprised the viewership is low, but NOT because Wuxia genre is dying, BECAUSE the don't promote this show very well!

This series will be shorter than the chilam 1990s version and its remaking the prequel side stories like Hongkong did back in the 1990s.
    Last edited by aniking_8; 06-22-24 at 03:48 AM.

I like the 2017 version better

It's crazy how much China remake Jin Yong. As if Chinese don't know how to make great Wuxia that's 'original'.

2017 munianci is now meichaofeng. Tsui hark movie version is coming soon too. Fear it might be another cgi fest like his last recent wuxia remakes. He did find fame from imitating Star Wars in zu mountain. At the same time Star Wars was influenced by Samurai movies and later films inspire by Hong kong action stunts. Feel like the jinyong universe intellectual property is over done. At least western comic book movies like Spider-Man change the comic and different enough from predecessor movies. Every subsequent condor hero however is more or less the same aside from the 1990s movies. Also, when Taiwan alter jin yong drama or follow a different edition of the book, the fans will complain. You can argue jinyong wuxia is more lord of the rings than comic book like supernatural fantasy martial art. Itís still dated pop culture that doesnít need to be remade endlessly. Itís pop culture fiction not real history like the three kingdom and even as popular as it is, the three kingdom is still highly glorifying historical figures as heroes. The wuxia genre need a renaissance in order to make people care about it again because thereís no surprise anymore. Itís more about people comparing the new work to old work scene by scene. At least other action genre and franchises from its era like James Bond at its peak continue to innovate instead of blatantly copy and paste. Even the investors and production team knows this is a problem. The 2017 team said it was difficult to fund a production that been adapted a dozen of times before and it refusal to use idols and popular actors. At the end, they still made it and use popular idols in heaven sword dragon saber. Also, with return of the condor heroes waiting to be air, there no consistency like when all jinyong productions are made back to back by the same company and place. The rumors floating around about multiple people trying to secure the rights to create their own tv or movie cinematic universe is scary considering fatigue and failure seen in Hollywood. There no surprises and making shows and movies about b list characters is such an unattractive decision fill with retcons.
    Last edited by aniking_8; 06-22-24 at 04:18 AM.

i have collected some awesome pictures of this drama

https://www.cerita-silat.net/2024/06...roes-2024.html