Thread: Why did you close these threadS?

Default Why did you close these threadS?

ok, I don't want to cause trouble but why did mods close these threads?

Can you like or love someone without reasons?

Dating in the Dark?

Love at first site?

why are these closed? I really see nothing to wrong about them, since they are debatable and controvestial. I get that they pertain to R/s topics, but there is no more relationship thread. What is the harm of just posting these questions for people who are curious and willing to put in their ideas for debating?

They are not heavy spams..

and if you closed these,, why didn't u close Can men and women be just friends? or Group of women seeks right to bare breasts as men can
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I agree. It seems the word "relationship" is too broad a topic, and can be anything from "Food vs Friends" to "Can men & women just be friends" to "Adopted Children" to "cohabitation or marriage". Yet all those topics remain open.

I personally think the mods should take a little more discretion in deciding which r/s topics to close. If it's not straying into something sexual or personal, the benefit of the doubt should be given.

I think the mod are trying to be consistent here by closing all relationship related threads. I mean if they let some sly through the crack, sooner or later there will be more threads like those pop up which will eventually turn into a relationship forum.
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

but sometimes, some mods could just be TOO harsh. In a sense, EVERy thread can be related to R/s, like what Mike says.

they, tell me, why didn't they closed the other threads that Mike and I listed?

SOMe topics that were closed were debatable, and I don't see why is should be closed

Actually only LOVE relationship threads are now closed. Friendship, family, etc. types are not.

I was still giving some thought to how to handle love relationship threads in general, so the mods are just doing what they are supposed to do right now.

So the decision now is that relationship threads are ok, we'll leave them open. But, if we find that it leads to perverted talks, the offenders will be warned and after 3 warnings, banned. Also, please don't turn General Comments into a love advice or dating place--if I find that it becomes another Relationships Forum, those threads will not be allowed again.
    -SC

yeah, but the point was all the topics I posted was from the debate. Those weren't just love, they were for debate!

Originally posted by Sugar
    yeah, but the point was all the topics I posted was from the debate. Those weren't just love, they were for debate!
    The mods there make a decision on what they feel is a topic of debate or a topic of just asking love advice or talking about love relationships. It's a grey area so they do what they think is fit by their judgement.

Which is part of the reason why I am now allowing relationship threads back so that members won't target the moderators there about threads getting unfairly closed.
    -SC

Cha... I agree.... those topics are debatable... however they deal with dating & love "relationships". I think "Can men & women be just friends?" Should be closed.

I'm not taking sides or anything, I really like the relationship forum, but if the law has set then the law has set.

I still say somebody should open up a relationship forum on their own & if peeps wanna go there & talk about it they can cuz what I'm seeing so far, Spcnet isn't changing her mind.

There are tons of relationship forums in cyberspace.

Why must some folks here insist that Spcnet has something like that too. Who is the boss here anyway.....like what Misao said if you want a relationship forum, go open your own forum and stop bugging Spcnet.
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

Originally posted by mich
    There are tons of relationship forums in cyberspace.

Why must some folks here insist that Spcnet has something like that too. Who is the boss here anyway.....like what Misao said if you want a relationship forum, go open your own forum and stop bugging Spcnet.
    Hai! Alrigatou gozaimasu!

Cha... the relationship forum was really cool, 1 of the things that lured me back to Spcnet Reviews.... However things just got way out of line & stuff... & for everyone's safety.... At 1st I was kinda in shock & a bit upset.. cuz I enjoyed chatting there & some of the un x-rated topics were quite amusing... but then again, it's just a forum... & there's a lot more other forums in here as well. So if you can't beat 'em (The big boss) join 'em & that's what I did.

For older materials & relationship/love advices go to: www.getromantic.com They have lots of forums on relationship & love stuff.