Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Series that you watched over and over again

As for me, i had watch the below drammas more than 5 times.

1. Huan Zhu Ge Ge parts 1 and 2
    2. MVP Qing Ren
    3. Xi Jie Shao Nian
    4. Ge Dou Tian Wang
    5. Wang Zi Bian Qing Wa
    6. Lv Guang Sen Ling
    7. Ai Qing Mo Fa Shi

1. Legend of the Condor Heroes - 1982
    2. The Blood Stained Intrigue - 1986
    3. The Land of Condors
    4. Zu Mountain Saga
    5. Brothers Under Skin
    6. The Other Side of Horizon

1. Journey to the West (86 and 90's versions) - one of the very few chinese series that my parents actually like to watch.
    2. LOCH and ROCH - TVB's versions cause I love both the series and most of the actors
    3. Romance of White Hair Maiden - because I thought Ada was awesome in it
    4. Young Fong Sai Yuk (Dicky Cheung) - because of Terry Fan and Miki Li as Hong Hei Koon(?) and Yim Wing Chun
    5. MDWAV I and Vampire Experts I and II

I don't watch them frequently, but these and some others are the ones I do go back and watch every now and then.

i lost count of how many time i've watch ROCH 95 (tvb) and i still do watch them nowaday!!!

Heaven Sword & Dragon Sabre 1986 - By far my all time most favourite Chinese Series. I always recall watching it during my childhood, constantly begging my mom to borrow the tapes from a family friend and watching it a numerous of times. By "numerous" I mean like over 200 times Almost everything about it was perfection.

Duke of Mount Deer 1998 - Despite many complaints about "not good looking" Jordan Chan being casted as WXB, I actually really enjoyed this version. Jordan acted extremely well and was funny as ever. I watched it to the point where I ruined my VHS Tapes

Better Halves - I absolutely love this series! It's sooo hilarious! Steven and Maggie had such great chemistry together, you cannot resist yourself to laugh.

New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung 1984 - Pretty much like majority of the 80's series, great chemistry between the main leads, great fighting, good music and a strong attractive cast.

Legend of Condor Heroes 1982 - Aside from the outstanding perfomances by both Felix and Barbara, the whole cast was splendid along with the memorable soundtracks and great combat hand to hand fighting scenes. Everytime I hear the Opening to the third segment, I get such a strong, powerful feeling.

Return of Condor Heroes 1983 - Pretty much like LOCH

War and Beauty - I really like this series and highly appreciate it for being unique, unpredictable and suspenseful

Colourful Life - I found it to be one of the most cutest series! Gotta love Annie Man!

Virtues of Harmony I & II - Although I haven't come through to collecting the whole entire series, I pretty much rewatch all the epsiodes I own. One of the best comedy series ever with a promising cast.

Legendary Four Aces - Besides all the funny moments, I like how each of the leads had their own story, obstacles to face with many extra subplots.

Return of Luk Siu Fung 1986 - Reminds me a lot of Chor Lau Heung. I don't quite like it as much but I really like the storyline and fighting scenes.

Demi Gods Semi Devils 1996 - I actually like the performances and cast from the 80's version better but on the overall, I like this version for staying faithful to the novel and kept everything on a good pace. The 80's version really went downhill from part 2.

Aqua Heroes - Probably the most random one amongst my list but for some odd reason, I enjoyed this series. Maybe because it's so different.

A Step Into the Past - Louis Koo's character is so humrous and charming! I like how the storyline has a mixture of feelings. It was funny, serious and suspensful at the same time. However, I thought they could have casted better females. Jessica was annoying is hell period. Sonija was like a wooden doll but I could tolerate her. The other girl was cute but like Sonjia, she's another wooden one.

Hi QF,

Hehe, great minds was alike . I like Kwong Kwa from Journey to the west. He is the best Tang Sanzang ever, he teaches his disciple the mercy, the respect for Buddha, .... and all this makes him a true Shifu. I've watched the series over and over and never get bored !!!!

Then I watch King of Tomorrow and Yesterday. He really made audience think that he was a king from the past from the way he walks, the way he speaks and even the way he loves.

Now I am watching Secret Battle of Majesty and Kwong Kwa plays a king role again , he's really evil and talented in his character, totally addicted to it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by cutiekhmergirl View Post
    Heaven Sword & Dragon Sabre 1986 - By far my all time most favourite Chinese Series. I always recall watching it during my childhood, constantly begging my mom to borrow the tapes from a family friend and watching it a numerous of times. By "numerous" I mean like over 200 times Almost everything about it was perfection.

Duke of Mount Deer 1998 - Despite many complaints about "not good looking" Jordan Chan being casted as WXB, I actually really enjoyed this version. Jordan acted extremely well and was funny as ever. I watched it to the point where I ruined my VHS Tapes

Better Halves - I absolutely love this series! It's sooo hilarious! Steven and Maggie had such great chemistry together, you cannot resist yourself to laugh.

New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung 1984 - Pretty much like majority of the 80's series, great chemistry between the main leads, great fighting, good music and a strong attractive cast.

Legend of Condor Heroes 1982 - Aside from the outstanding perfomances by both Felix and Barbara, the whole cast was splendid along with the memorable soundtracks and great combat hand to hand fighting scenes. Everytime I hear the Opening to the third segment, I get such a strong, powerful feeling.

Return of Condor Heroes 1983 - Pretty much like LOCH

War and Beauty - I really like this series and highly appreciate it for being unique, unpredictable and suspenseful

Colourful Life - I found it to be one of the most cutest series! Gotta love Annie Man!

Virtues of Harmony I & II - Although I haven't come through to collecting the whole entire series, I pretty much rewatch all the epsiodes I own. One of the best comedy series ever with a promising cast.

Legendary Four Aces - Besides all the funny moments, I like how each of the leads had their own story, obstacles to face with many extra subplots.

Return of Luk Siu Fung 1986 - Reminds me a lot of Chor Lau Heung. I don't quite like it as much but I really like the storyline and fighting scenes.

Demi Gods Semi Devils 1996 - I actually like the performances and cast from the 80's version better but on the overall, I like this version for staying faithful to the novel and kept everything on a good pace. The 80's version really went downhill from part 2.

Aqua Heroes - Probably the most random one amongst my list but for some odd reason, I enjoyed this series. Maybe because it's so different.

A Step Into the Past - Louis Koo's character is so humrous and charming! I like how the storyline has a mixture of feelings. It was funny, serious and suspensful at the same time. However, I thought they could have casted better females. Jessica was annoying is hell period. Sonija was like a wooden doll but I could tolerate her. The other girl was cute but like Sonjia, she's another wooden one.
    Omg - you practically hit every one of my fave series. A Step into the Past was a miss for me though. Never watched Luk Siu Fong either Didn't enjoy War and Beauty either.

But to add to the list of some that you didn't get ..

Detective Investigation Files 4 - best detective series ever. I love the chemistry and pairings of everyone. I didn't find a single cast annoying.

A Taste of Hope - I really enjoyed Raymond Lam and Flora in this series. The dialog was well written and I enjoyed those scenes away from the city.

Wu Tou Dong Gong : Marianne Chan & Anne Heung. I felt the female cast carried the whole story. The development was simply superb. The story was a bit of a copy cat but I didn't really mind much.

Lady Flower Fist - I still ROFL when i re-watch this.

Files of Justice 4 & 5 - I think the 4 guys developed a genuine connection that you rarely see in TVB productions.

The Proud Twins 86 - Tony Leung, he can do comedy VERY WELL!

____ - forgot the name but it has Tony Leung and Barbara Yung. Barbara's a cop and Tony's a gem designer/executive. Anything with Barbara was a must watch for me.
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    ____ - forgot the name but it has Tony Leung and Barbara Yung. Barbara's a cop and Tony's a gem designer/executive. Anything with Barbara was a must watch for me.
    Is it called The Rough Ride?

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Is it called The Rough Ride?
    Tiu Cheen?

Yess!!! That's what it was!!!! I absolutely love that series!

I guess we have very similar taste Pandamao
    If you like Chor Lau Heung, you should give Luk Siu Fung a try. Both are somewhat alike in many aspects such as storyline, character development and traits and fighting sequence not to mention, both are written by Gu Long.

I have DIF 4 but never got to chance to watch it yet. How would you compare it to its prequels?

Regarding the series with Raymond and Flora, it's actually called A Taste of Love. I also really like that one as well.

Wu Tou Dong Gong - Is that Love is Beautiful where the two main leads switch faces?

I totally forgot about Lady Flower Fist. It's another favourite light-hearted comedy of mine.

Proud Twins 86 - Is that Chuot Toi Sheung Kiu 1988 with Tony and Hugo or Hap Hak Hang 1989 where Tony plays as both twins?

Quote Originally Posted by cutiekhmergirl View Post
    I guess we have very similar taste Pandamao
    If you like Chor Lau Heung, you should give Luk Siu Fung a try. Both are somewhat alike in many aspects such as storyline, character development and traits and fighting sequence not to mention, both are written by Gu Long.

I have DIF 4 but never got to chance to watch it yet. How would you compare it to its prequels?

Regarding the series with Raymond and Flora, it's actually called A Taste of Love. I also really like that one as well.

Wu Tou Dong Gong - Is that Love is Beautiful where the two main leads switch faces?

I totally forgot about Lady Flower Fist. It's another favourite light-hearted comedy of mine.

Proud Twins 86 - Is that Chuot Toi Sheung Kiu 1988 with Tony and Hugo or Hap Hak Hang 1989 where Tony plays as both twins?
    I'll have to find a way to get Luk Siu Fong and let you know what I think about it.

DIF4 - well the problem is - I watched the fourth one first and thought it was really good and then decided to watch the other 3. I am probably not a good person to ask since I'm pretty bias. It's definitely a must-see since this created the Jessica-Louis pairing that left lasting impressions on many viewers.

Yes - Love is Beautiful. I have a weak spot for Marianne Chan. The story jerked buckets and buckets of tears out of me.

Yes - Jut Doi Sheung Giew. Have you seen it?

We pretty much share the same taste. Any other series you find enjoyable that are more recent? I'm having a hard time rewatching the newer series.

loch 82

dgsd 80's(which im currently watching, lol) and 90's version

the return of luk siu fung (sure they butchered the story...but it was still pretty dope)

final combat. it's just freakin hilarious. stephen chow is my dude.

state of divinity

black sabre

war and beauty

the drive of life

fist of fury

vampire expert 1,2

my date with a vampire 1,2

journey to the west 1

who's the winner 1,2

kung fu master

the swordsman

young detective files 1,2,3

who's the winner 1,2

king of gambler

instinct

cold blood warm heart

two most honorable knights

reincarnated 2

and yes....i've watched all these more than once....in fact over and over and over again, lol.
    Last edited by namix; 08-25-10 at 06:35 AM.

Yes, I've seen Chut Toi Sheung Kiu and it's one of the more enjoyable wuxia series from the 80's. I really like Shalin Tse's character and the pairing of her and Tony.

I'm currently watching Golden Faith and prior to your recommendation, I will start watching DIF serial. Everyone praises Louis and Jessica as a couple but unfornately, I've only seen them together in A Step Into the Past and I found they had no chemistry together. Hopefully this work can prove me wrong.

As for the newer series, I haven't been keeping up with them. Seems like the idea with TVB now is putting a whole bunch of veteran and popular actors together in one series and classify it as an "all star cast". The moral themes are also duplicates to older succesful ones. I believe the newest series I managed to watch was Beyond the Realm of Conscience and I didn't really enjoy it.

I tend to enjoy sitcoms more now, with a lesser known cast

Off Pedar, Best Selling Secrets and now Some Day.

I did like Moonlight Resonance though. *shameful*

Other series I enjoyed but forgot to add:
    War of Genders - Dodo and Dayo were great in there. It's actually above VOH on my list.
    Greed of Man - Sean Lau and Adam Cheng, how can you resist such a combo. I practically memorized every scene when I was a kid.

Most of the favorites have already been mentioned but an old favorite of mine no one has mentioned yet is "The Snow is Red".

Also another series that really got me started watching Wuxia is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F4A0fJ-plk

I have no idea what the title is in English/Chinese so if anyone can help, let me know. This is one of my first Wuxia series ever and its great :P.

^^Just got done watching the theme video. It sure does look interesting. I want to watch it too! Hopefully someone can tell us the titles.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    ^^Just got done watching the theme video. It sure does look interesting. I want to watch it too! Hopefully someone can tell us the titles.
    The storyline, although generic, is pretty awesome. If you subscribe to that Youtube use, he/she has the entire series uploaded in Vietnamese dub with Chinese Subtitle. I have this entire thing also but its in VHS and the quality is obviously not so great, haha.

Ah, I'm so blind. The Chinese title was right in front of my eyes! 神州俠侶
    BTW, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted View Post
    Most of the favorites have already been mentioned but an old favorite of mine no one has mentioned yet is "The Snow is Red".

Also another series that really got me started watching Wuxia is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F4A0fJ-plk

I have no idea what the title is in English/Chinese so if anyone can help, let me know. This is one of my first Wuxia series ever and its great :P.
    is that the series where the girl turn into a phoenix? and that dude look like leslie cheung, lol.