3 4.17%
  • China

7 9.72%
  • India

0 0%
  • Other

3 4.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which country's movies do you prefer most?

Hong Kong or China tv series....I personally think USA's movies are not so good..the storyline sucks.

Smile

I grown up watching Hong Kong movies.. so yea, Hong Kong. 2nd choice is Hollywood laa...
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

I'm not sure which one to choose 'cos I like USA and HK movies.
    Have you learned to love one another?

i like the US and China because Goa YunaYuan is from China.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger Lee View Post
    USA and HK.
    Yea,too bad.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

China, HK, Northern European countries (incl. Iceland, of course), pre-1989 Czechoslovakia, Canada, US (well - I feel ambivalent about US cinematography - which is quite understandable, given its diversity and...size)...
    Italy - as far as horrors, gore, gialli and western are concerned.

(Tried to pick just one but couldn't - and frankly, I can't understand how anyone actually can...:-))
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

mainland and hk movies for me.

i probably watch 1 usa movie for every 10 mainland / hk movies and they are usually animation or kids movies.
    ---------
    Shellie

i love hong kong and china movies ,specially wuxia movies because i love heroic fantasy novels.And nobody can compare to chinese film makers in this kind of movie.Is awesome storytellers.But i like and other movies like actions
    thrillers like beast stalker,or the excellent kakaxili.So in first place chinese movies(mainland and hong kong).Second place UK movies and third Korea.
    With the exeption of 5 directors holywood from the middle '90 until today
    have become something awful with no characters ,no stories and only tecnological evolution.When i go to the movies i want to see stories(like in M.Man films) and no the tecnological circus of the awful michael Bay.Also chinese and british actors and specially actresses is the best inthe world.

Quote Originally Posted by XiLaRen(GR) View Post
    i love hong kong and china movies ,specially wuxia movies because i love heroic fantasy novels.And nobody can compare to chinese film makers in this kind of movie.Is awesome storytellers.But i like and other movies like actions
    thrillers like beast stalker,or the excellent kakaxili.So in first place chinese movies(mainland and hong kong).Second place UK movies and third Korea.
    With the exeption of 5 directors holywood from the middle '90 until today
    have become something awful with no characters ,no stories and only tecnological evolution.When i go to the movies i want to see stories(like in M.Man films) and no the tecnological circus of the awful michael Bay.Also chinese and british actors and specially actresses is the best inthe world.
    Are we judging Hollywood from the beginning of the 7th art or are we only judging Hollywood movies of recent years? If it's since the beginning, then Hollywood sure had some excellent movies. If it's from recent movies, it's not in its Golden age but it still churn out very good movies and also very crappy one.

Why do I have the impression that you only remember the bad ones from Hollywood and forget the mediocre Hong Kong movies? I hate Michael Bay's movies just as much like you BTW. As for actors, IMO the British are the best and those same British actors are as commonly seen in Hollywood productions as American actors. I don't find Chinese actors that great, good but often pretty bad also.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Hello Canuck21.I think you dont spoted that in my post i speak for the hollywood for the middle '90 until today.For all the decades before,the hollywood movies is a great exable of how to saying a good story.And special for a fan of fantasy and comics like me the '80s is the best.But after '95 hollywood gradualy forget how to say agood story mostly because ignore the importance of characters and overuse of CGI(the same occur in hong kong with the awful Pang brothers) .And this is something who still i watch in british ,chinese(mainland and Hong Kong) well in any other cinematography except Hollywood.Ofcours there is exceptions in hollywood and ofcours there is many bad movies in Hong Kong and in any cinematography with a vast production of films.But in Hong Kong,directors still have the philosophy of the old,good american cinema.For more than a decade in USA Michael Man,Nolan,Fincher or
    Barton is not the rule but the exceptions.
    As for the actors, i still believe the british and the chinese are the best(and as for the actresses chinese is the best in the world).Sorry my friend for my lengthy and..ehmm...little tiring post.

Quote Originally Posted by XiLaRen(GR) View Post
    Hello Canuck21.I think you dont spoted that in my post i speak for the hollywood for the middle '90 until today.For all the decades before,the hollywood movies is a great exable of how to saying a good story.And special for a fan of fantasy and comics like me the '80s is the best.But after '95 hollywood gradualy forget how to say agood story mostly because ignore the importance of characters and overuse of CGI(the same occur in hong kong with the awful Pang brothers) .And this is something who still i watch in british ,chinese(mainland and Hong Kong) well in any other cinematography except Hollywood.Ofcours there is exceptions in hollywood and ofcours there is many bad movies in Hong Kong and in any cinematography with a vast production of films.But in Hong Kong,directors still have the philosophy of the old,good american cinema.For more than a decade in USA Michael Man,Nolan,Fincher or
    Barton is not the rule but the exceptions.
    As for the actors, i still believe the british and the chinese are the best(and as for the actresses chinese is the best in the world).Sorry my friend for my lengthy and..ehmm...little tiring post.
    I actually did noticed that you were talking about the Hollywood of the middle of the '90s. My question was in regards to this thread. Should we reply to this post with consideration of the whole history of cinema or just of recent years?

When it comes to the last 2 decades, I too think Hollywood has regressed in quality and is putting too much emphasis on special effects. That I agree, but I'm not sure Asian cinema is better either. When I look at China's productions now, I get so fed up of the epic cinematography. It actually gets on my nerve and most often then not a I'm bored to death with Chinese movies. Anyway, to each their own.
    Last edited by Canuck21; 06-15-10 at 02:49 AM.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?