Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why is Xiao Long Nu considered the most beautiful girl in Jing Yong Universe?

Originally posted by dgfds01
    Not all desserts are hot with blazing sunshine. Desserts are regions where the is a lack of water, plant life etc. Hot temperatures and blazing sun is not a requirement. I'm not sure of the climate but I'll expect the dessert in the Uighur region is not the same as the Sahara. So it would be still possible for Princess Fragrance (or Stinky ) to be fair.

Why do people always seem to think that fair is beautiful? I dunno about you guys but a girl with skin "as white as snow" doesn't seem extremely beautiful to me. Seems more sickly and unhealthy. I prefer a more natural colour, not the colour of someone who looks like they've never seen the light of day.

It's just fun. Plus I'm bored.
    On the contrary, a complexion as white as snow does not necessarily mean being pale and sickly. Have you ever seen a truly fair beauty? Asians of Chinese origin are fair by nature and its just the culture to prefer fair skin. (for girls I mean)

Based on description alone, Smelly Princess is definitely #1, far and away.

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    Based on description alone, Smelly Princess is definitely #1, far and away.
    Chen Jia Luo is not worthy of the Smelly One.

On the other hand Yang Guo definitely is worthy of Xiao Long Nu.

I can't believe u guys are discussing this ... but I decided to join U all .

In my opinion, most people consider XLN as the most beautiful is also because Jin Yong wrote that everyone she met are amazed by her beauty. At the first time she went out of the tomb to meet the society, people could barely took their eyes of her, and they didn't even bother to give her trouble for her lack of knowledge of the common 'rules' in the society.

Huang Rong is said to be as beautiful as an angle, but she is not said to have amazed everyone she meets. When XLN arrives at the heroes meeting, everyone in the room, the mongolian party and the Hans, are all distracted and amazed by her appearence and coldness. I think, she is not only angelic, but she also has a different 'aura' resulted by her coldness and gracefullness.
    Last edited by lulla; 11-06-03 at 10:05 AM.

Originally posted by Xiao Feng
    Chen Jia Luo is not worthy of the Smelly One.

On the other hand Yang Guo definitely is worthy of Xiao Long Nu.
    I agree. Come on, Chen Jia Luo DUMPED the smelly one to make the King happy

Complexion 'as white as snow' was usually associated with angels and goddesses
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Plus the fact that she still looks like a twentysomething even in her 40s. No other JY lady maintains her looks for so long. Tong Lao don't count!

Originally posted by CC
    Plus the fact that she still looks like a twentysomething even in her 40s. No other JY lady maintains her looks for so long. Tong Lao don't count!
    Oh come on....

- Chen Yuen Yuen (A Ka's mother, WXB's mother-in-law)
    - Li Mo Chou
    - Dai Yi Zhi - the Purple Dragon Lord of Ming cult

I can go on. There's at least one in every JY novel.

However, find me another one whose beauty can stop a battle between two big armies ? Princess Fragrance is the only one who has reached that level. She's to beauty what the Sweeper Monk is to martial arts.
    • Discussion: the confusion of one person multiplied by the number present.
    • Discussion Forum: the place where everybody posts, nobody reads and everybody disagrees later on.

In my opinion, most people consider XLN as the most beautiful is also because Jin Yong wrote that everyone she met are amazed by her beauty. At the first time she went out of the tomb to meet the society, people could barely took their eyes of her, and they didn't even bother to give her trouble for her lack of knowledge of the common 'rules' in the society.
    You got to read Book & Sword one of these days if you think the above statement about XLN is something. The descriptions and reactions of Princess Fragrance's beauty is so exaggerated it's downright hilarious in some instances.

Indeed, I bet if she sneezed in the presence of an army, they'd all committ suicide because they raised the dust with their marching.

Originally posted by TristeCoeur
    However, find me another one whose beauty can stop a battle between two big armies ?
    Yeah, but could her face launch a thousand ships?

Definitely Princess Fragrance. By the time she was born, they had better make-up! She was probably the first spoke model for Revlon.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Originally posted by Xiao Feng
    On the contrary, a complexion as white as snow does not necessarily mean being pale and sickly. Have you ever seen a truly fair beauty? Asians of Chinese origin are fair by nature and its just the culture to prefer fair skin. (for girls I mean)
    Fair can be pretty, but it doesn't mean that only fair girls are pretty. In XLN's case, she was so fair partly because she spent most of her life in a tomb. Try sitting indoors for a month without any exposure to sunlight and you'll be very fair but your skin will alos have a sickly look.

JY described many of the females in his novels are very beautiful, I never knew why XLN is such a stand out. Just because of YG alone praising her that much?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by Meh
    You got to read Book & Sword one of these days if you think the above statement about XLN is something. The descriptions and reactions of Princess Fragrance's beauty is so exaggerated it's downright hilarious in some instances.
    Well, I only compared that (the XLN thing) with the rest of the trilogy. I haven't read Book and Sword .. I tried, but I lost interest ... I like Princess Fragrance's sister, but Chen Jia Luo ended up with the Princess, so there's nothing that attracts me to finish it. When I read ROCH, I just feel that .. wow, XLN must be extremely beautiful. Everyone are amazed and mesmerized by her wherever she goes.

Back to the topic. There maybe another reason why lots of people consider XLN as the most beautiful. Maybe because ROCH is more popular than Book & Sword?? Or, I kinda agree with someone's opinion about the influence of adaption. I think Idy Chan is more beautiful than every actresses who play Princess Fragrance.

superboy JY described many of the females in his novels are very beautiful, I never knew why XLN is such a stand out. Just because of YG alone praising her that much?
    i beg the differ superboy. In the opening of HSDS a poem is written about XLN, praising her beauty and character. The poem was written by Qiu Chu Ji, one of the 7 members of the QuanZhen when he first saw her.

In the poem, it states (in my personal opinion) that she was a one of a kind and none else exceeds her.

I don't see any other JY's female character had a poem dedicated to them.

Originally posted by dgfds01
    Fair can be pretty, but it doesn't mean that only fair girls are pretty. In XLN's case, she was so fair partly because she spent most of her life in a tomb. Try sitting indoors for a month without any exposure to sunlight and you'll be very fair but your skin will alos have a sickly look.
    I didn't say only fair girls can be pretty. Sort of a case of "In the eyes of the beholder" stuff. Sunlight gives your skin vitamins. But if you do not have a lack of it you would not have a sickly look. XLN is the best example, she got her vitamins from food source and did not suffer from any malnutrition, hence her good looks and even extended youth

i honestly think that the main thing at play is the influence of the adaptations.
    i mean..if u say that xln is the prettiest because she had a poem written for her or like everyone was stunned by her beauty and all...can't u say the same for wyy? i mean...i'm sure duan yu made a poem about her beauty a lot...and he also fell in love w /the statue of her grandmother whom she looked like an exact replica from.
    i have no clue who i think is the prettiest girl in the jy universe..but yea..just confused
    ~*~ Philipians 1:3~*~

PRINCESS FRAGRANCE CAN GO STICK IT! seriously, jy made such an unbievable error to account that her skin is as white as snow. Even if her beauty is unmatched, living in a terrain like that of a desert can't render a person's skin to be liked he described. More liked she used white paint as makeup!

Just want to add that not everyone became dark when they go under the sun for a long time. My cousin sister is very fair. When she is under a hot sun for a long time, he skin only becomes a bit red and it's not permenant. The redness will be gone after she left the hot sun. But people who have this kind of skin usually can't stand the hot sun long. They may feel faint when expose too long.