Page 7 of 581 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Lin (林志穎)

No problem Lady Zhuge ! Hmm, I'm not quite sure when the Yang's Saga was released. Maybe Trinie remembers. Yes, they have the series both in Mandarin and Cantonese. Here's a link at Yesasia.com http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp.../version-all/.

Okay, I will give The Great General a try when I get the chance.

I'm not sure if Benny and Louis were ever contenders for the roles in DOMD. I would prefer those two in the series instead but too bad they weren't casted. I think they would fit the roles more.

I like Jimmy's singing very much. I think his voice is sweet and easy to listen to. I have some of his songs, a few new ones and old ones and it sounds like he has improved. For his acting, I've only seen him in one series so I have no opinion. I thought his acting was okay. So far it seems as though his singing is better than acting.

Originally posted by LilyPhuong
    I think i have his earlier songs but not his recent ones.. has he improved a lot in singing?
    I personally think that his 2nd album is better than his first.
    "Count no man happy until he dies" ~ Sophocles

Originally posted by CrazyLilAngel
    I have a few songs of his, although I don't know when he sang them, but they're not that bad. He doesn't have the best voice, and the songs are the prettiest, but they're decent.

I've definitely heard worse than Jimmy, that's for sure.

*grins* What an adorable person.
    If I am not wrong, his first album was realised sometime in 1992 or 1993. Wow.. that was like a decade ago

I find his voice very soothing....have to admit.. it's kinda girlie too but yea... i don't know....I am in ove with him so nithng matters hahahahah < day dreaming about Jimmy>
    Jimmy Lin~~~Zhen Yu~~~Sammul Chan
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)

Originally posted by caelle
    If I am not wrong, his first album was realised sometime in 1992 or 1993. Wow.. that was like a decade ago
    I know...

O.O
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

Originally posted by CrazyLilAngel
    I know...

O.O
    *cough, cough* We are still young

Originally posted by caelle
    *cough, cough* We are still young
    I'm just thinking that these are the people we still enjoy watching...and his first album came out when I was still in diapers...

Well, ok, not diapers. But definitely kindergarten or first grade.

SCARY!
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

hehe i just came into this thread cuz i saw tina post here, lol sry sry

omg i know....it's so scary to think that xhd came out the same year i was born! i was literally in diapers then!!! and we still love watching these "young" ppl

Hi guys! I haven't been here for days since I was busy with stuff and watching Jimmy's newest series Liu san bian!! It is pretty good so far(I have only seen 4 discs so far). I really like the fighting scenes and mei Tian is so cute. I will try to either do an episode guide or a summary of every couple of discs.

To lady Zhu Ge, I agree with you that none of the adaptions can be 100% accurate. I am not sure how accurate the 84 version of DOMD is since I didn't read the whole novel. I only read the ending and some other parts here and there. I think it is the most accurate one made so far, but am not sure though. I heard that the 98 version is more accurate but the cast isn't as good. You know the story about the 2000 version right?? That one is nothing like the novel.

Yea, Liu is Lau. His middle name is like Eddie Cheung Shiu Fai's name... The ming is the not the Ming like Ming dynasty. I don't remember exactly which ming. You can just look at the end credits after each episode that he is in and see his name. Sorry I don't know which context to use that character in since I have mostly seen it in names only.

Ok here are some recommendations of Andy and Tony series that I like:

Yangs Saga-This was made in 1985. It has the largest star studded cast ever... It is short and was a TVB anniversary series. But I suggest you watch it on VHS since about 25% of it was cut out.

Tony series-
    The Grand Canal-1987-A big production and a TVB anniversary series.
    Hap hak Hang- A Jin Yong novel. It isn't a good adaption but is a good series. I read parts of the novel and didn't like it at all. The series is better.
    The new heaven sword and dragon sabre-I think you might have already seen this one since it is a famous JY story.
    and that's all I remember for Tony right now. He has a lot of modern series but I don't like modern ones.

Andy Series-

ROCH83- I think you have already seen it..
    -Heir to the throne 86-Love this series.. Andy and Yammie are so cute together.
    -The Return of Wong Fei Hung 84- Andy and yammie together again.
    -The other Side of the Horizon 84-Most people don't like this series but I do... He is with Angie Chiu in here.
    -Take care your highness-This series is ok....
    That's all I remember now...

Back to Jimmy now.... His acting isn't that bad, but I agree that his singing is better. I can't wait for his new album. I think he is good in Liu san bian. I can tell he worked really hard on this series. The fighting scenes are pretty good and he recites a lot of poetry... I feel bad for meitian though. He doesn't seem to care for her at all.

Jimmy's first album came out in 1992. I remember that I was in 7th grade during that time. I knew him but wasn't a fan until 1994.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I'll just add on to Trinie's list of Andy and Tony's show, the must watch is "Duke of the Deer mountain" or the mandarin title is "Lu Ding Ji". It's also a Jin Yong's adaptation, there are 2 other adaptation of this novel, Jordan Chan's and Dickie Cheng's, but I think this one is the best.

Thanks a lot for the recommendations, Trinie. I will be sure to look into those series when I am less overwhelmed by stuff to watch. Thanks again also for the clarification on Mr. Liu's name.

I'm glad that you're enjoying LSB. I liked the beginning as well, but then it started to drag in the middle. Hopefully you won't find that to be the case, though. It's the first series I've seen with Ho Mei Tian in it and she is very delightful and funny. I just can't help but root for her character.
    It's very nice of you to be doing episode guides for everyone.

Yep, I know the story with the 2000 version. I just find it entertaining even though it's not loyal to the novel and even less so to history.

Wow, you've been a fan of Jimmy's for so long. I'm still a pretty new fan and was exposed to his acting before his singing.

Tinac, you must have missed our earlier convo in which I was talking about how I'm absolutely loving both Tony and Andy in The DoMD 1984 right now and wanted other series recommendations featuring these two greats. But, I'm really glad that you recommend this series as well. We've all got impeccable taste here.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Tinac, you must have missed our earlier convo in which I was talking about how I'm absolutely loving both Tony and Andy in The DoMD 1984 right now and wanted other series recommendations featuring these two greats. But, I'm really glad that you recommend this series as well. We've all got impeccable taste here. [/B]
    Lady Zhuge, yeah ... I didn't read the earlier postings .... he he he

hi Lady Zhu Ge! You are welcome and I hope that you will watch those series when you have time. I only watch series during the summer if I don't have summer school. During school I am way too busy. It is a pain to do episode guides but enjoyable too. I hope that you know Mr. Liu's name now. He is a good actor but is probably retired by now since he is so old.

I just saw some of the 2000 version and couldn't stand it.

I am enjoying LSB right now so I don't know about the middle yet. I am glad to hear your opinion since one of my other friends really like it. But I think she only likes it because of Jimmy though. I never like a series just for the cast. The story and plot are very important to me. I saw MT many times before so it's great to see her again. Yea, I have liked Jimmy for a long time....

To Tinac, Welcome to our conversation.... I forgot to add that DOMD is also a JY novel. It is one of his best from what I heard. I was going to read it but gosh is it long..... So I just skipped to the end. I hope to have the patience to read it all one day..... whenever that will be....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Hi guys!!!

Are you talking about the 2000 version of DOMD Trinie?

I just remembered the title for the series that was an adaption of one of Gu Long's novel with the two fraternal twins, it's called Twin Heroes. I thought that it was an okay series. Tony was very funny it that one.

I remember when I first heard of Jimmy, which was a long time ago, I thought he was very cute but later on I somehow forgot about him. It was just recently that I discovered him again in DGSD and just discovered his singing too. So I guess I'm a fairly new fan too.
    Last edited by botan; 07-06-04 at 06:53 PM.

Personally, I think the best version of DOMD is Tony's version, even if the scenery really sucked... And I can't believe ZJZ is gonna do DOMD after ROCH... *sigh*... I think he should do Crimson Sabre... =/

As for the Twin Heroes (aka Legendary Siblings), I prefer Jimmy's version because it is slightly more true to the novel. There's a new adaptation of it in the making with Dicky Cheung as Xiao Yu Er, Nicholas Tse as Hua Wu Que, and Fan Bing Bing as Tie Xin Lan.

I love Jimmy's "Bu Hou Hui" and "Dao Cao Ren." Those are such good songs!
    "[Love] is, and therefore it always will be." ~ Many Waters

Hi everyone!

Trinie, I don't have much time to watch series during the school year either and when I do, it's usually with alot of guilt. I wish I could watch series 24 hours a day during the summer, but then there is work and life as well. *sigh* Thanks again to you and botan for the recommendations. Yep, I think I know Mr. Liu's name now. It's weird when random veteran actors just captivate me and I wish to learn more about their works.

Do let me know how you're liking the series (LSB) as you continue to watch it. I will try to do the same once I get started on it again.

botan, sorry if I'm being presumptuous for answering for Trinie here, but yes, she's referring to the 2000 version of DoMD. I know quite a few other people who feel the same way as Trinie does about that series, but since it was the first exposure to DoMD I ever had, I guess my expectations were not the same. I couldn't help but be sucked in by Dicky's large, spirited, and smiling eyes.

hopelessxianzi, maybe ZJZ will consider doing Crimson Sabre after DoMD? I wonder who they will be casting for that one and if there will be another big speculatory thread like the current ROCH one...

Any chance for Jimmy to get another role in a future JY production?
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 07-07-04 at 06:12 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Any chance for Jimmy to get another role in a future JY production?
    Somehow I doubt it... Jimmy with the Qing Dynasty hair... -_-;; so that rules out DOMD, and Book and Sword.

Jimmy with a lot of facial hair... o.O so that rules out Flying Fox... unless he'd be willing to play some minor character, which I highly doubt

I can't picture Jimmy as anyone from Crimson Sabre...

I don't know if ZJZ or anyone else will do another adaptation of HSDS, Xia Ke Xing, or Lian Cheng Jue...

If so... maybe Jimmy as main guy in Xia Ke Xing? Or some character in HSDS.... =/
    "[Love] is, and therefore it always will be." ~ Many Waters

Hi all!!!

LOL, that would be weird if Jimmy had Qing Dynasty hair. I don't think he would fit the character in Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain. His boyish look is kind of an obstacle for him to play different characters. Maybe it would be better for him to star in modern dramas.

Yeah, I watched parts of DOMD 2000 and I didn't quite like it too much because they had changed the whole story around. But it's not Dicky's fault that I didn't like the series, it was the scriptwriters fault. Plus, both Trinie and I had seen the 80s version first so are expectations where different.

I have not seen the Jimmy version of Legendary Siblings yet. There are making another adaption of that novel? Too many adaptions of the same stories over and over. I can't imagine Dicky Cheung and Nic Tse playing those roles.
    Last edited by botan; 07-07-04 at 07:04 PM.

Hi everyone!!

To Botan, Yea I am talking about the 2000 version of DOMD. Thanks for answering for me Lady Zhu Ge. I don't think it was the fact that I saw the 84 version first only. I like faithfulness to the novel and the 84 version is pretty accurate. The 2000 version can no longer be considered DOMD. They didn't only change the story, but the characters too. I don't mind changes as long as they are reasonable, but the changes made to the 2000 version were not acceptable. I like Dicky a lot too but hated that series....

I saw Jimmy's version of JDSJ by Gu Long and didn't like it that much. Tony's version is really good but wasn't really accurate either. The one that will be made with Dicky is more even ridiculous from what I heard.....I can't believe they are changing Jiang Yu Lan into a girl!!!

To LadyZhuGe, I know the feeling of guilt since there are times when I should be studying but end up surfing the net or watching some series(since I bring some to school with me and watch it on my computer).You are welcome and I hope that you will enjoy those series. I grew up watching those and still love them til this day. I will let you know about what I think of LSB.I like it so far and am on disc 10. I need to continue since I am doing the episode guide.There were a lot of great veteran actors from the 80s.

To hopelessxianzi, Yea I heard about the new adaption of JDSJ but will skip it since I know it will be more ridiculous. Xia ke Xing has already been made by China, so I don't know if they will do another adaption or not. I agree with you that they should do Sword Stained with Royal Blood/Crimson sabre. I am glad that you bought it up since I think JImmy would be great to play Yuan Cheng Zhi(the main character of that story). I read parts of the novel and really like it. It is a great story and I am sure Jimmy would do well in that role.... I hope he will be in more JY productions since I am big fan of JY(and GL too).

It feels weird that I'm posting this here in the Jimmy thread, but since we were talking about Tony and Andy series, I found another one that they're in together. It's called "The Emissary" and they both look so young on the poster!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")