Thread: Jimmy Lin (林志穎)

Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    What leg are we supposed to look at? What are you trying to point out? Sorry, I'm so clueless.. haha

I really think Ruby was really sad about the break up. I don't know if it was the same show, but I remember seeing a clip where she's on a talk show and the host asked her about the breakup (this is prior to this incident) and she started crying a bit before she could continue talking about it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I think Ruby can be pretty... she has big eyes and she looks pretty good when she doesn't smile with her teeth. She won for sexiest actress one year I think and people consider her one of the prettiest. I think she looks better now then when she was on School Days.

I'm quite excited about this new modern series... so many things I wanna watch next year, this and ISWAK 2! yay!
    That is sad to hear. I guess it was pretty emotional for her. And no, i definitely didn't know that she cried in public about that.

By the way, you got me intrigued about ISWAK. Well, it was also because i came across one of Joe Cheng's forums too. So i'm slowly (but surely) downloading it. I went to the forum for it and i can't believe there's already going to be a sequel. There are quite a bit of series i want to watch too. And i don't have the time! I'll just download and watch later.

Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco
    Jimmy's legs in the 2nd pic. I noticed that too. He is so cute.

What show was that when Ruby cried? I never saw that.

I'm excited about the new series too, but we have several more months to wait.

I heard that San Lap is very good at marketing their shows with rumors about romance, fights between the actors, etc. So far the news about the series are not encouraging. They like to promote their series with controversies.
    What exactly has been said about the series?

What is ISWAK?

What is ISWAK?
    ISWAK = "It Started with a Kiss"

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans
    What exactly has been said about the series?
    The first news about the series is that when Jimmy first met the producers they asked him to try out for the part. He was shocked. The producers told him that his acting was not up to par. Now this.

ISWAK = "It Started with a Kiss"
    Who are in it? What's it about?

Joe Cheng and Ariel Lin are in it. It's a modern day series. Here's the summary from the ISWAK forum:

Joe Cheng is a genius with an IQ of 200. He's smart, handsome and athletic, while Ariel is average in looks, pretty dull and can't play sports at all. It's not hard to say that they are almost the opposite of one another. The series starts when they are in the last year of high school. Ariel confesses to Joe that she likes him, but is rejected. That day, her house also collapses and she and her dad move to her dad's high school friend's house. To her surprise/delight and horror, her dad's best friend is no other than Joe's father.

Ok old news or better say old rumors:
    I'e read somewhere else long time ago that they were together since School Days and when she went to Bejing filming HZGG, there were rumors about her and Alec. Jimmy knew that and ended up the relationship on telefone. She called him and tried to explain and also started to cry but Jimmy just cut off.
    I don't know whether it's been told before but it was also said that it was Jimmy's first relation, so he was hurt very bad and that's why he broke the relationship so fast.

I personally think that Ruby is not that bad looking. I liker her eyes.
    However Jimmy legs in the second pics looks like he couldn't stand fot it any longer, but he looks really cute with his crossed leg while embracing that girl.
    Hi ya!!

Fancy Ady,adore Yang Mi, admire Jiang Xin, love Jimmy and dream about Hu Ge.
    Ruby Lin Forever!!!
    Gao Yuan Yuan is my Goddess!

The first news about the series is that when Jimmy first met the producers they asked him to try out for the part. He was shocked. The producers told him that his acting was not up to par. Now this.
    Wow, sounds harsh. So what other series had to be subjected to this?

That 's really harsd. Was is a joke or something like that? I mean he is JIMMY LIN; "THE JIMMY LIN". I wonder how did he actually react?
    And hi beanybeans
    Hi ya!!

Ruby Lin Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ann_fang
    That 's really harsd. Was is a joke or something like that? I mean he is JIMMY LIN; "THE JIMMY LIN". I wonder how did he actually react?
    And hi beanybeans
    Hiya back, ann_fang.

Yeah, like how true is all of this stuff? I've never heard of companies saying such things just to promote series. That's pretty crazy/sad.

You're absolutely right.
    I don'T like this whole PR stuff the companies are doing. They destroy the images of the actors.
    They should spent more money on promoting instead of create suchs rumors.
    Hi ya!!

Ruby Lin Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ann_fang
    And hi beanybeans
    There are 2 newspaper articles that I read on his Taiwan fan site about a month ago. I didn't translate them because I don't like them. I will see if I can find them again. The first one is about what I said. When Jimmy first went to see the producers he was asked to screen test. He couldn't hide his astonishment and said, "I HAVE to screen test!" After he found out that other actors had to do that too he was glad to subject himself to a screen test. During the first scene the director called CUT and told him that he was just acting as Jimmy Lin and not the character he was protraying. She told him that he had always been like that. Jimmy adjusted himself and was excellent from then on. He spent the whole day screen testing.

The 2nd article was even harsher. The tone is like there is a shortest of idols. All the other idols are already booked so they had to get Jimmy to star in their series. It is quite ridiculous to promote their series saying that they get their 2nd choice actor.

The people in the forum said that is San Lap's usual ways of using negative news to promote their series. San Lap uses its own actors in their series and is very protective of them. William Lap is one of them. He is only guest staring but they list him as one of the 3 male leads. So far we have seen more news on everyone else but Jimmy. I wonder why they are not promoting him.

Thank you for translations, ladycoco

Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    What leg are we supposed to look at? What are you trying to point out? Sorry, I'm so clueless.. haha

I really think Ruby was really sad about the break up. I don't know if it was the same show, but I remember seeing a clip where she's on a talk show and the host asked her about the breakup (this is prior to this incident) and she started crying a bit before she could continue talking about it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
    It was Kang Xi Lai Le 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziwei
    i really didn't know how to feel when she started sheding tears about the topic of breaking-up with jimmy. she was still be hurting and just re-chanelled her emotion by saying that "in order to match the ocassion, i need to shed some tears. it must really true that she cannot forget her past with jimmy. even though there's a lot of guys who were linked to her, she would just say that even it kills her, there's no truth about this. let time prove it all.

i admire both jimmy and alec for being professional that they didn't mind the rumor during the filming of ls1. i mean that love triangle thing. can't believe that alec was really the reason of their break-up. all i know is they were fighting over the phone, (ruby was already filming hzgg ) then he hung-up . ruby got a message from jimmy through fax machine it's all about he wants to split-up with her. she tried to call him back but jimmy already switch off the phone. she cried for two days. jimmy must be also hurting that time. jimmy is so reserved that he chose not to talk about those past rumors. all i know was jimmy didn't acknowledge her to protect her from those people who were saying that she was just using jimmy to gain popularity [Crying] . it's sad , really sad. i'm starting to feel that it's hard to be a girlfriend of a superstar.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/h/2004-09-23/U107P28T3D514012F326DT20040923171646.JPG')
    Love Jimmy and Jiang Xin, Support TAE

Wow, sounds harsh. So what other series had to be subjected to this?
    No idea. I never even heard of San Lap series before not to mention watching any of them in my corner of the woods.

Ladycoco and Beanybeans,

Here's a site to download ISWAK faster: http://chinkymovies.blogspot.com/200...with-kiss.html

It's really good, it's the modern series that got me back into appreciating TW modern series. (funny, light-hearted non-tragic show) And Ariel Lin is great actress (beware, her character can be annoying but you still end up loving her). She seems to have a great personality off screen too. And Joe's a pretty good actor, I really respect the guy. He's the first long-hair actor that I actually like. hehe. Anyway, I'm going to buy the series now since I loved it so much.

SO back to Jimmy, this production company that is doing it, what other series have they done that there were rumors going on about it and stuff? I'm interested in knowing!

Quote Originally Posted by relive
    Thank you for translations, ladycoco

It was Kang Xi Lai Le 2004.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/h/2004-09-23/U107P28T3D514012F326DT20040923171646.JPG')
    Wow, where did you get that description from?
    Do you know where we can watch that episode of KXLL from 04? I'm interested in getting the whole story. Yea, I read in wikipedia that they went out from 1995 (School Days) to 1997 (filming of HZGG) and the reason for the breakup was the Alec stuff. I guess it was hard on both of them. But wasn't Jimmy in the army around that time too? Hmmm, maybe it was easier for him out of the limelight to spend time with her then. I wonder how true the Alec stuff is, cuz now her and Alec are like super best friends. Musta also been awkward to film LS1 since Alec did that after HZGG so all that stuff was going on. Jimmy and Alec seem to get along though. Oh, I read before that Alec admitted to liking Vicki though, so the Ruby stuff doesn't make sense unless it was all rumours or Alec was hitting on both of them. anyways, I'm just thinking in type. hehe

alec's stuff doesn't work in ruby and jimmy's relationship. I never heard alec and ruby have item at that time...alec admitted he likes vicki a bit at that time.
    I don't think reason for the breakup was the alec.

in KYDG show in 2006, jimmy said like this
    "The main factor/reason why we brokeup was because both of us were in China filming, the separation caused the breakup."

ruby also said similar answer in 2004 Kang Xi Lai Le. alec and ruby rumor started around 2000 when they filming QSSYMM as a couple.
    Alec's stuff doesn't make sense...i think it just a rumor. Both of double Lin just young at that times. If they are broke up with alec's stuff i think they can't remain as a friends. it's serious matter, i don't think alec's stuff is true.

anyway, i just believe Jimmy's saying. separation caused the breakup..

We don't know their personal life or behind story. They are still freinds..that's enough. Just belive what Jimmy saying

Here is some pix from his new series.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/LuXiaoFeng/Fang%20Yang%20De%20Xing%20Xing/20061212024452182_pLi5eWBSPR4b.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/LuXiaoFeng/Fang%20Yang%20De%20Xing%20Xing/20061212024455822_aVaTFe2DNBqR.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/LuXiaoFeng/Fang%20Yang%20De%20Xing%20Xing/20061212113510846_jqFy9cGbSd0X.jpg')
    Love Jimmy and Jiang Xin, Support TAE

ahh!!! so ur talking about jimy and ruby and their breakup. i have read that news in asian fanatics forum... its very sad bec. in my personal opinion, they are good couples and they have both or like eyes.. both are big! i like them! i have also read about the talkshow where they guess up. its ruby's b-day ryt?? jimmy gave a cd an his watch to ruby.. cd bec. ruby said, jimmy never gave a cd for her gift dat's why jimy gave her...