Thread: ti chi derived from yang?

Default ti chi derived from yang?

hey thanx 4 answering my questions every 1 alot of my friends dont bother with these debates and say its a waste of time and since i cant read chinese its hard 4 me understand every thin i watch and read since its not as detailed as the books but eny ways i got a another question about taichi and the 9 yang book it seems that "yang" type energy and kung fu are forceful and hard in nature such as guo jings dragon palms and the iron palm technique so how so how come tai chi which was created through the theories of the 9 yang jin jing be so soft and fluid? i remember reading that vacant fist was a yin energy technique and that seems to be similar to tai chi so how can a technique like taichi be derived from yang theories i think i missed sum thing along the reading so can sum 1 fill me in? thx

I never knew that Tai Chi is linked to 9 yang. 9 Yang is only internal cultivation, while Tai Chi is both for internal energy and fighting.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Zhang Sanfeng created his newly found martial arts styles by filling in the gap and holes of his limited knowledge of 9 Yeung (He knew around 60%). In his later years, Zhang Sanfeng's internal energy became neutral, because he cultivates using Wu Dang bla bla bla (I forgot the name ). Tai Chi is an external technique, not for cultivating internal energy.
    Yo momma cat

I think Tai Chi is both an internal and exteranl art right?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

but tai chi was created from 9 yang how can that be when tai chi seems to be a yin type fighting technique?

so is tai chi fist a whole sperate peice of martial arts to tai chi or isit more of a expansion to it?
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

i think tai chi fists would be a tangent off of tai chi...hence the name, but it is not entirely the same thing b/c tai chi is a cultivation while the fists are a type of technique

Tai Chi Chun is both for health and combat, while Tai Chi is just for health. But other than that, both are very similar.

tai chi is for combat as well!
    Its still for combat nowadays
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

No, Tai Chi is for only health, while Tai Chi Chuan is what we call the combat form.

tai chi is technique for cultivation, itz the base. but u need physical technique to attually combat or attack.