Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game of Deceit

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    I'm planning on re-renting this series sometiem soon hopefully. Well its on the re-rent list....
    Hi goddessofhonour! This series is well worth to watch a few times. I like Nick & Jessica so much in this series that I watch it 4 times especially episode 8 onwards! Crazy ain't I?

Default Vcd/dvd version (vietnamese)

Does anyone know where I can buy this series?

I thought this series okay a series to watch to pass time especially when you are bored. There were some really funny scenes and some really sweet scenes. I thought the part with the durian fruit was funny. I have to agree with them about the unpleasant odor of the fruit. Also, I enjoyed the part where Nick gets jealous of the other guy, very cute. I thought it was kind of strange how Chin Kar Lok and Kingdom Yuen were paired in this series. She looks older than him, more like his auntie. Well, the pairing of Nick and Jessica is kind of strange too but they were okay. Nick looks kind of shorter than Jessica though. Oh and I can't stand that other girl that Jessica was engaged to in the beginning. I've never seen her before, anyone know the actress name?

Originally posted by axt
    I thought this series okay a series to watch to pass time especially when you are bored. There were some really funny scenes and some really sweet scenes. I thought the part with the durian fruit was funny. I have to agree with them about the unpleasant odor of the fruit. Also, I enjoyed the part where Nick gets jealous of the other guy, very cute. I thought it was kind of strange how Chin Kar Lok and Kingdom Yuen were paired in this series. She looks older than him, more like his auntie. Well, the pairing of Nick and Jessica is kind of strange too but they were okay. Nick looks kind of shorter than Jessica though. Oh and I can't stand that other girl that Jessica was engaged to in the beginning. I've never seen her before, anyone know the actress name?
    Finally someone agrees with me, yes that girl who Jessica was engaged to in the beginning was very annoying isn't she?

I don't remember who she is but I think I've seen her in other series before.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Jumping in! *splash*

Nick really is shorter than Jessica. Sorry, but everytime they stand together, I can't help but laugh, especially because Jessica's hairdo makes her tower over him.

I disliked the 'fiancee' too. I find it hard to believe that such a 'cheap' woman can exist. Where is her sense of decency? The other thing that irritated me was how Chin Kar Lok kept believing she'd turn over a new leaf. I'm tired of seeing him play such stupid roles.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

Originally posted by axt
    I've never seen her before, anyone know the actress name?
    The actress name is Shirley Cheung Yuk San. I've not seen much of her in TVB series. Talking about her, the ancient costume she wore, I saw Gigi Lai wore the same one on Doomed To Oblivion.
    At least she did something good towards the ending of this series. I can't stand her either. But this series had a good ending. Chin Kar Lok & Kingdom Yuen don't match at all, like axt said....like his auntie. Hey, Chin Kar Lok is still with Lee San-San.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Oh thanks bubcas ! I've never heard of that name before but it seems like I've seen her somewhere before but I can't recall the series and I think I remember her playing a similar role. Yeah, no wonder that costume she was wearing looked familar. I agree, I was glad that she changed and became a better person.

I never knew Chin Kar Lok was dating Lee San San until I read the article on TVBspace. I was so suprised. In the article the reporters ask San San if she will decide to film a series with TVB and she says when there's an opportunity she will. Gosh, I guess she still has a contract with TVB. Well, I hope she will never decide to be in another series. That would be horrible if she returned.

Yeah, I agree with you Arashi about how Chin Kar Lok kept believing everything Shirley says. He's always playing those type of dummy roles and I'm sick of it too.

That's what I thought, that Nick was shorter. It seemed like everytime he stood next to Jessica, she would have to either stoop or bend her neck a little.

Chin Kar Lok has been dating Lee San San since she acted in DIFIV where she coupled with Sunny Chan. To me Chin Kar Lok & Lee San San are odd couple but perhaps like the saying goes "the odd couples usually get along well".

I dunno..but I kinda prefer Lee San San over Charmaine after re-watching DIFIV..I was rooting for her to get her man Charmaine's too whiny..

Back to the topic, yeah..i would love to watch this series again and again..it's short and straight to the point. Jessica and Nick Cheung look great on screen together.
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

Yup, my favorite episode is no.8 where Jessica was drunk and Nick had to carry her home...obviously Nick was jealous over the guy she spent a lot of time with trying different kind of liquor. When Jessica was lying on the bed, she was crying and I like the screen when Nick felt sorry for her. That's when they fell in love.

Originally posted by MeMyselfandI2000
    I dunno..but I kinda prefer Lee San San over Charmaine after re-watching DIFIV..I was rooting for her to get her man Charmaine's too whiny..

Back to the topic, yeah..i would love to watch this series again and again..it's short and straight to the point. Jessica and Nick Cheung look great on screen together.
    Finally someone who agrees with me! Lee San San might not be a very good actress, but I very much prefer her with Sunny than Charmaine. I think they're cute together. Charmaine was so heartless in the way she rebuffed Sunny.

Personally, the funniest parts of Game of Deceit for me was the beginning. It was really refreshing to see Jessica dressed as a well-groomed gentleman, sprouting poetry and knowledge, plus the things she tried to do for her fiancee. Not to mention the scenes Nick impersonated old women, etc. where My interest fell several notches after she became a girl and the story became like any other story. Maybe because I felt Nick and Jessica didn't have any chemistry at all.

I think this is the first time that someone's agreed with me about Lee San San..

Agreed! The last part of GoD got too boring, it's not really that boring, but less lively compared to the first part.
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

Hey there you guys!!!

Yeah, I dind't like Shirley in here. I remember she was also in A Matter of Customs....argh...stealing Wong Hei from Jessica Anyways never liked her so much.

Hehehehe, I remember the scene where Jessica and Nick's father got the two to sleep with one another. Well sorta, they just laid them togehter on the bed and all that. Rather amusing. One of my favorite scenes ther!!!

Gosh!!!! I totally agree with you guys!!! I perfered Lee San San sooooo much with Sunny than charmaine!!! I couldn't stand Charmaine's character or her acting in here. LSS might have been not that great, but she was better then charmaine!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yeah, episode 8 was my favorite too. I agree with ya bubcas Chin Kar Lok and San San do look odd that's why I was so suprised when I heard about it.

Actually, when I watched DIF4 I was rooting for Charmaine but now that I think about I'd rather have Sunny end up alone, which he kind of did. Both Charmaine's and Lee San San's character were annoying. Well, I didn't really care for that love triangle anyways when I watched that series, I found them boring.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    Gosh!!!! I totally agree with you guys!!! I perfered Lee San San sooooo much with Sunny than charmaine!!! I couldn't stand Charmaine's character or her acting in here. LSS might have been not that great, but she was better then charmaine!!
    Off-topic alert! Off-topic alert!

I and memyselfandI have wandered off to discuss more about LSS/Charmaine/Sunny in the General Series Thread about 3rd parties. Feel free to jump in there!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...&threadid=7247

I didn't realise that DIF4 was actually Charmaine's first series! If that's the case, her acting really wasn't bad for a first-timer.

Yayyy I found the thread...I'm watching this serie atm so I thought I'd revive the thread since the version I'm watching is in Canto with no subs. I'll chat and ask questions later so for any of you who remembers about it please please answer my upcoming questions (right Sutisa???). Thx in advance.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

I liked this series alot. jess and Nick had good chemistry, and i think they dated each other or something...

Tho i couldn't stand that rich girl... what a Sl*t!
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

i think this series reallyenjoying to watch and funny too!
    nick and jessica make a fresh pairing.

Hey Arashi and MeMySelfandI, check out the DIF thread too, hehe. Lots of discussions going on about pairings in there nad a lot of other things

Back to Game of Deceit I haven't gotten the time to re-rent yet, but I will soon. I saw the musicvideo of Jessica and Nick togehter and they are so cute!! I think they fit better togehter in modern clothes rather then ancient
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I love this series and watch it over & over again especially on episode 8. Jessica as always looked beautiful in ancient costume. It's a refreshing series to see her paired with Nick.