Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The legend of Eight Immortals

Your right on that Arashi. I've browsed through Mediacorp's website and found a lot of serials that interest me, but they have not been released overseas yet and it sounds as if they won't be. One of the serials that I really wanted to see was Hainion Kopi Tales with Chew Chor Meng, Vincent Ng, August Kwan, Cynthia K___, Florance Tan, and etc. Have you seen it?

Enjoy watchign it hkopinions!!! Only $25? Thats a good price there!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Do not expect for it to stay close to the original Eight Immortals story though. 95% of it has nothing to do with the original story.

Do not expect for it to stay close to the original Eight Immortals story though. 95% of it has nothing to do with the original story.
    Oh yes, especially the portrayal of Lui Dong Bin played by Steve Ma. At least he has a better hairstyle than in MediaCorps' XHJH.

I know what's the series you're talking about, Goddess. Hainan Kopi Tales, right? That was a rather high-profile production too and I heard it's not bad, but no I didn't watch it. I think someone mentioned this before, but umm, there are many Singaporeans who don't watch the local productions, they'd rather go for the HK ones. Given a choice between a local and an TVB production, I'd rather watch the TVB one.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

I know a couple of things about the 8 immortals and it is true that this series wasn't really accurate. But it was still enjoyable to watch. I think it is one of the best series from Singapore that I have seen. I really like the acting and landscape. The story wasn't bad either, even though it wasn't accurate.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Hey there Arashi Yeah, that is the serial I'm talking about. From some reviews I've read and a few comments, it does sound very good. Plus it has my favorite couple in it Chew Chor Meng and Florance Tan. So I was really eager to see it. But isn't released and seems like it never will!!! I guess maybe there is still a little hope though.

Hehe, I've mentioned this millions of times, but still won't hurt to say it again. Yvonne and Vincent did so good adn their characters amused me. Well Yvonne's character as the princess at least. I liked all the other characters and artists as well except for Steve and Phyllis. Their character annoyed me and even worse, they were supposed to be paired and seemed like the main couple......
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Just popped the first disc in to watched-----to my dismay the title of the series is "Legend of the Immortals"---looked at box and yes I bought the wrong series. Never heard of this series----going to try and watch it.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Originally posted by hkopinions
    Just popped the first disc in to watched-----to my dismay the title of the series is "Legend of the Immortals"---looked at box and yes I bought the wrong series. Never heard of this series----going to try and watch it.
    Is it a Singapore series? Do you have any pics of it?

Some reason when I capture the scenes they turn black when I reopen them. Well I watched the first episode and it is pretty good. It is a singapore series--says on box but just not the legend of the eight immortals. The series opens with a huge battle in the sky: One army is led by the monkey king (I think since he doesnt have any dialogue yet) and the other army is led by a little kid with a gold dragon as a costume. They fight it out and the kid loses, I think he calls himself Liu Yu. Well LY is brought to the sky emperor and the kid gets punish: be locked up in a burning cage at the bottom of the sea. When LY is led down to the sea, a big dragon swallows him (funny since the dragon looks like an iguana). 14 years later the dragon lays an egg and it hatches into a full grown man.

So any heard of this series cause it doesnt sound like the series you all are talking about. I don't recognize any of the cast and the series box says it was made in 1999.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Oh, sorry to hear about that hkopinions!!! At least the serie is somewhat intersting so you can still enjoy watching it

Hmmmmm.....from your description, this serie sounds familiar to me. Then again I'm not sure if I have seen it or not.

One thing I'm sure though, it isn't The Legend of the Eight Immortals/Legendary Eight Immortals
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

this series is very good series, Jace, steve an Jerry did a great job in here!!if u r fans of magic movie this is a worth to watch series for u!!
    shu Oguri Rox!!! LUV LUV Nakayama Yuma>>

Wuchang, thanks for the link for the clip always wanted to see what it looked like and it looks great. Also I notice you can view other MediaCorp clips from the sliding menu on top.

Its a shame if they didnt release this on VCD........wasnt this one of MediaCorp bigger productions?
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

I think they did release it on VCD. Not sure if it's the official Mediacorp version but I've seen it on some website. Can't recall where exactly.

Yeah i think i've seen it on orient visual but it was mandarin only and no english subs.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Yea I seen one version for sell online with no subs...........still hoping to see one with.
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

Default Theme Song

Hi, I'm new here. At the previous page, I saw someone has upload the link for the theme song of this series, but unfortunately, the link seems not working. Could someone upload the song again or just pm me the link? I've been searching it since ages but I couldn't find it. Thank you very much for your help.

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

its not thaat great but ok....
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

FAMILY is a glorious QUIILT linking generations by the GOLDERN threads of LOVE and devotion.
    LOVE and belonging to each other is the ESSENCE of FAMILY.

Default ...

Srry, but me, i luv this series and i love phyllis and steve in it, anyways everybody have their opinions
    Last edited by idolove; 06-27-06 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by idolove
    Srry, but me, i luv this series and i love phyllis and steve in it, anyways everybody have their opinions
    This series is OK. I like the monkey king and eight immortals' funny scenes even though those scenes didn't follow the original Chinese methodology of eight immortals. I also like the actor who played as Tong Tin. I love the scenes between Dong Bin and Fairy Mu Dan, especially their last scene on the bamboo raft. It was very poignant. I think they have some on screen chemistry. Some people might prefer immortal He Xin Gu rather than Fairy Mu Dan but I think the character He Xin Gu is very likable so it is too easy to gain audiance's praises. No need to put extra work on it. Fairy Mu Dan, on the other hand was a challenging character and she was flexible portraying her duel roles.
    FAMILY is a glorious QUIILT linking generations by the GOLDERN threads of LOVE and devotion.
    LOVE and belonging to each other is the ESSENCE of FAMILY.