Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The legend of Eight Immortals

Me coffeebeans? Anyways I live in teh states Oh so did you see this series a while ago? Hehe, would you like for me to refreshen your memory of the series ending?

I like Singapore serise too, espically lately now. But can' find that many. I've seen about all the latest ones and renting some of the older ones now. Haven't seen any of those two series you mentioned though.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by coffeebeans
    ...any of u remember the magnate or ah xue? i need sum synopsis
    Is the Magnate titled Chi Zha Feng Yun in Mandarin? The one starring Li Nanxing, Ivy Lee and Chen Hanwei. I like this serial.

Ah Xue is being repeated in the morning at 5 a.m on Channel 8. So you might want to watch it again.

Are you an Ivy Lee's fan? Both serials happen to star her.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

i noe..i;m watcing ah xue now @ 5.00 am..supoer early but kinda worth it cos i luv the show...abt being ivy's fan..um..i like the magnate cos i watched it when i was reri young den it beings back childhood memories..yeah..i totally forgot ivy lee starred in it n was onli recently reminded of the serial hen i read a review of it some time ago..den i watched ah xue oso cos i read a review of it from the same website n since just at tht time i t was showing thot i would go n see it for myself...den i liked the show alot n kinda like ivy too..but not so obsessed i;m a fan..thts all lor..

thnx goddess\ofhonour..i watched it 2 times n each tiem i nvr watched the ending..it was shown in 1998 n repeated in 2001
    Last edited by coffeebeans; 01-02-04 at 09:34 PM.

I also can't really remember much on The Magnate as it has been so many years. All I know is that I enjoyed this serial a lot at that time even though I think many didn't. (The ratings were only mediocre, I remember) Which part of Ah Xue is showing now? 1 or 2? Hmm...I have a better impression of Part 2 though. Chew Chor Meng is in there and he always had this pet phrase...."Confirmed'. Hope my memory has not failed me.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

just abt 3 ep into the 2nd part..i prefer the 1st part..ithinkits super sad..heard the ratings for this show aint reri good either..

Can anyone tell me if this information is true,I heard there's going to be The Legend of eight immortals 2003 or something..

if its supposed to b singaporean..den i dun think so..not th i heard of any...

Default Link for the Themesong

Hahaha, I was reading through this thread and was hit with the inspiration to find the mp3 of the theme song because I remember liking it. Took a loooong time but I FINALLY FOUND IT! Here it is for all of you:

ftp://abc:[email protected]/xyy.mp3

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Arashi; 04-03-04 at 02:20 PM.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

JW i really like this series.. does anyone know if they sell this series with english subtitles?

I never finish watching this movie. I still want to...because I really put my heart into watching the two main characters...

i really like this series but just that there is no ending..

i watched this series a few years back...but i thought it was pretty good....liked it a lot actually...rented twice...i'm just weird....didn't really like the ending...not very satisfying...

What was the ending like? I have forgotten.

Hey everyone Here is just a brief little idea of the ending. Lol, basically who ends with who and what happens to who and what doesnt' happen to who, hehe.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!

Vincent and Yvonne get together and they have 8 children who resemble the 8 immortals exactly. Yvonne's mother was given the chance to stay on earth with Yvonne becuase Yvonne touched the earth or something like that Hehe, Vincent and Yvonne are so cute in there!!

Ummm...Phyllis dies, but she recarnates again. At the end we see her on a bridge with other villagers watching the 8 immortals fly away.

I forgot his name, but he liked Jacylen and was the anteater or something. Anyways he turns bad as you guys probably knows and in the end he turns into this thing. Don't know what to call it, sort of like a umbrella....

And everyone in the 8 immortals stays as immortals and we see them riding away on their magical "equipment." lol, bad word to use there....

Well I think I got everyone...maybe...
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Thks for summarising the ending, goddess. Now I remember.

Oh. the actor playing the guy who likes Jacelyn is called Xie Shaoguang. A very popular actor over here.

So anyone recommend this series to watch. I don't think I have watched it yet. Whats the vietnamese title or what site sells this series in chinese? Is it in cantonese or mandarin?
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Hey Lingz No problem, hehe, thanks for the name of the actor. I was browsing at mediacorp's artist page and I found his profile and etc there. So he is quite popular? I don't think I've seen him in any other serial except for this one.

Hey hkopinions I would recommend this serial. It was pretty good and entertaining. I enjoyed Vincent and Yvonne's pairng. That gave me many laughs... Anyways the viet title to this serial is Dong Du Ky. Do tell if you plan to rent/buy it and what you think if you get around to watching it
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Ohh i also recommend for you to watch it.. i thought it was good.. and phyllis was sooo graceful as one of the fairies.. It also would be great if they have part 2...

Also i heard there is going to be another legend of the 8 immortals but different charcter and storyline..

Hey Lingz No problem, hehe, thanks for the name of the actor. I was browsing at mediacorp's artist page and I found his profile and etc there. So he is quite popular? I don't think I've seen him in any other serial except for this one.
    He's an award-winning actor in Singapore, and he's starred in many what I'd call ' heart-land' dramas. I don't know how MediaCorp markets their dramas overseas, I know back in the 90s, they actively promoted their productions by making their plots more 'internationalised'. Nowadays, it seems like quite a few of MediaCorp's recent productions are very idiosyncratically Singaporean, so overseas audiences might not have seen some of them.

I would recommend Legend of Eight Immortals too. It's one of MediaCorp's better productions. They went all out to film the series. The scenery is fantastic and there's really an otherwordly feeling to it. The original language is in Mandarin.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

Yeah, I just put my order in for this series. It will arrive in 1 week. Total cost $25 since my brother is sending it too me.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."