Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guo Jing at the beginning of ROCH

i think he did bat him his disciple begged yg 2 let GWM go

Originally posted by gnoynij
    i think he did bat him his disciple begged yg 2 let GWM go
    Not without the help of Little Dragon Girl and a well-placed Honeybee Needle, though. At that point, Yeung Gor could hold his own against the Golden Wheel Monk in skill, but not in inner power (and the problem was that Yeung Gor had gotten into an inner power contest with the Golden Wheel Monk).

didnt his hevay sword shatter GWM wheel b 4 xln could prick him with the needle?

Originally posted by gnoynij
    didnt his hevay sword shatter GWM wheel b 4 xln could prick him with the needle?
    No. Yeung Gor and the Golden Wheel Monk were locked in an inner power struggle that was going against Yeung Gor. Little Dragon Girl's needle bailed both of them out.

Originally posted by tape
    Bleh its kindda unfair that a dolt like GJ can catch up to geniuses who devote their entire lives to martial arts.
    GJ isn't that dumb. He was capable of comprehending the technique and philosophy in the 9 Yin and combining it into his own martial art. The martial art philosophy written in the 9 Yin isn't easily to understand you know. Look at Mei Chao Feng who have the last part of the 9 Yin, and she barely got anywhere. I even doubt the greats can comprehend the entire thing by themselves. I not sure but in the LOCH 2003 GJ recite some phases in the 9 Yin to his master H7G, and his master didn't understand it.

Yeah, although GJ is slow, I think he is superb in learning martial arts and war tactics.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

no...he was only apt in learning stuff like Left/Right...

for the 9 yin...i think a lot of the comprehending probably came from HR and 1Deng.

as for the war tactics...all he needed was just the book

So... how does Yi Deng and HR fit into the picture with HL18P and 9 Yin? It clearly states that GJ incorporated the concepts of 9 Yin into his HL18P thus raising it to a level beyond even H7G's dreams.

HR and 1Deng help clarify 9yin for Guo Jin...so when he did finally grasp the concepts that 9 yin was trying to say, he was able to improve his XL18Z w/ 9Yin

Although the reason GJ was able to learn the L/R technique was that he's simple minded, he do seem to have an above average ability when it comes to learning martial arts.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Guo Jing did learn Vacant Fist rite?? never see him using this fist..

Originally posted by Arching_Hero
    Guo Jing did learn Vacant Fist rite?? never see him using this fist..
    He uses it on several occassions in LOCH, most notably at the Second Mt. Hua Sword Tournament where he used the Vacant Fist to absorb the Hong Lung 18 Palms strikes of his teacher, North Beggar Hung 7 Gung. That worked until Hung 7 Gung went for a full-force Kong Lung Yau Fui, which forced Gwok Jing to respond with his own Kong Lung Yau Fui.

Guo Jing learned Hong Lun 18 Zhang, 9Yin, Peach Blossom Island kungfu, Vacant Fist, Khong Ming 72 Palms, 7 Jiangan Weirdo kungfu...

what else kungfu did he learn??

Originally posted by Arching_Hero
    Guo Jing learned Hong Lun 18 Zhang, 9Yin, Peach Blossom Island kungfu, Vacant Fist, Khong Ming 72 Palms, 7 Jiangan Weirdo kungfu...

what else kungfu did he learn??
    Note: "Vacant Fist" = "Khong Ming 72 Palms".

Gwok Jing also learned the Cheun Jen Sect's inner power cultivation methods and hing gung, as well as the sect's famous Big Dipper 7 Star Formation. Also, let's not forget Chow Bak Tung's Left/Right Hand Technique. Finally, even his skills in Mongolian wrestling and archery (equalling his teacher Jebeh for best in the Mongol Empire) must be taken into account.

Originally posted by superboy
    Although the reason GJ was able to learn the L/R technique was that he's simple minded, he do seem to have an above average ability when it comes to learning martial arts.
    depends on what type of kung fu...he's good at learning things that are pretty simple minded. Remember how frustrated his 7 teachers were in Mongolia? I think he also spent a while learning the first stance of XL18Z

Originally posted by philip
    Remember how frustrated his 7 teachers were in Mongolia?
    Yes, but that's more a reflection on the Gong Nam 7 Freaks' inability to teach than on Gwok Jing's inability to learn. Would anyone believe that the Gong Nam 7 Freaks' martial arts were more sophisticated than the martial arts of the Cheun Jen Sect? Then why does Ma Yuk teach advanced martial arts to Gwok Jing so effortlessly while the Freaks struggled to teach him the basics? Ma Yuk himself observed that the ineptitude was more the teachers' than the student's.

but if guo jin was actually "above average" in learning martial arts, he would have been able to grasp some of the concepts better despite the fact that the 7 couldn't teach

He wasn't able to grasp what they were trying to teach him, because a lot of the time they were teaching him things that conflicted with each other. One of them would tell him one thing and another one would tell him something completely different.

And he was able to learn HL18 palms in a very short period of time, no one after him was able to learn all 18 palms from the ROCH era to the HSDS era, including his son in law YLC who had a Cheun Jun background and should have been considerably smarter than GJ.

So since GJ had 9Yin explained to him, he was able to use to to hugely boost his techniques. I wonde rwhy HR and YD didn't do the same. Hmmm, even ZBT didn't really do that either, afterall he just _used_ a technique from 9Yin with one of his hands (technically not combining it with his own). Other than WCY and YG (both geniuses), GJ is the only other one who actually went ahead and combined the techniques with his own. Even OYF, when learning the fake 9Yin, didn't combine it with his own stuff.

And then there's the Big Dipper Formation. It's pretty surprising how GJ was almost quick-witted in ROCH when he faced the gigantic version of it and was able to adapt the slight weakness in the original to the new form. It may be the same, but theory and practise are often disparate things.

Ou Yang Feng was probably not sane enough to incorporate his backward 9yin philosophy

1Deng probably didn't want to take advantage off 9yin cuz it wasn't rightfully his (but maybe he did...unconsiously...like ZBT)

Huang Rong was probably just not interested enough in Kung Fu. But maybe she did use the concepts of 9yin in her fighting

Well, since guo jin was familiar w/ the big dipper formation...i guess he used the same theory of taking over the leading spot or something like that...