Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guo Jing at the beginning of ROCH

I too believe that the reason GJ did not grasp the theroies of his 7 masters is because of their own inabilities to teach correctly. GJ was able to learn QZ's internal energy for just 2 years and achieved results higher than most of the QZ disiples can, master HL18Z in a very short time, understand the theory of the dipper formation in a very short amount of time, immitate 1YZ just by seeing it, etc. Other than GJ being slow at other things, there are no indication that he is slow on martial arts also.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

guo jin did not become better than quan zhen disciple right after learning the inner strength...remember how he got beat up by yin zhi ping and yang kang...pretty badly too.

he did not quite master XL18Z by when he first learned it...also, the reason H7G thought XL18Z suited GJ was because his personality was straightforward and direct.

no one said he was extrmemly slow at learning martial arts...but not quite above average yet...well, depending on how much "above" you are implying

Originally posted by philip
    guo jin did not become better than quan zhen disciple right after learning the inner strength...remember how he got beat up by yin zhi ping and yang kang...pretty badly too.

he did not quite master XL18Z by when he first learned it...also, the reason H7G thought XL18Z suited GJ was because his personality was straightforward and direct.

no one said he was extrmemly slow at learning martial arts...but not quite above average yet...well, depending on how much "above" you are implying
    No, GJ learned 15 Zhong from HL18Z in a months time, YLC is a over average at learning martial arts but only "managed" to learn 15 Zhong where as GJ learned 15Z in a months time and later mastered the whole HL18Z.
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

I think the time he got beat up by yin zhi ping was before he got taught QZ cultivation right?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    I think the time he got beat up by yin zhi ping was before he got taught QZ cultivation right?
    Yes. The incident with Wan Tze Ping occurred before Gwok Jing met Ma Yuk.

for the 9 yin...i think a lot of the comprehending probably came from HR and 1Deng.
    1Deng only help translate the part of the 9 Yin into chinese for Guo Jing to understand. And HR probably only help with the vocabulary, she is only like a dictionary.

[B]Remember how frustrated his 7 teachers were in Mongolia?B]
    this is because GJ is a person who seek understanding not just practicing and memorizing it. The main stuff he incorporated in the HL18Z is basicly concept and not the techniques in the 9 Yin. Plus his master force him to practice day and night. He needed a break to process what he have learned so far and go on the next. He is already slow and haven't understand the stuff already being taught but his master keep stuffing with more new stuff which suppose to be built on the previous.

but if guo jin was actually "above average" in learning martial arts, he would have been able to grasp some of the concepts better despite the fact that the 7 couldn't teach
    Well at the end of the 2 year, GJ used his 6 masters's technique to an extreme level which surprised his 6 masters with his progress.

Originally posted by superboy
    correct, I actually think his inner power after the 2 year is at the level of the 7 master of QZ or greater.

He even master the 9 white bone claw within a few hours, while it take Mei Chao Feng decades.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 01-02-04 at 01:13 AM.

Originally posted by TaiHan

correct, I actually think his inner power after the 2 year is at the level of the 7 master of QZ or greater.
    While GJ is strong, i don't he has surpassed or even reached the level of the QZ 7 masters after that 2 years with Ma Yuk. Broadly speaking, he is around the level of YK at that time.

He even master the 9 white bone claw within a few hours, while it take Mei Chao Feng decades.
    He learned the skill but didn't master it. There's a difference. Besides, he benefited from having the orthodox 9 Yin, while MCF's 9 Yin was certainly lacking the first part.

Broadly speaking, he is around the level of YK at that time.
    Nah Wang Chu Yi noticed that his inner power was superior to YK. YK was only better than him in techniques and tricks. I think that he was below the QZ masters but he was definintely better than YK. He was already better than his sifus (GN freaks), as they noticed when they tested him before Ma Yue appeared.

Put it this way: GJ's inner power then was enough to learn the 18 Dragon Palms. Si Hua Long in HSDS couldn't learn the 18 Dragon Palms completely (only 12 stances) because he didn't have enough inner power and so he was paralysed. After he recovered, he was able to seriously injure Sheng Kun within 10 stances (although he died afterwards). We know that Sheng Kun was on the same level as the 3 Shaolin Elders... So GJ's inner power then was already pretty good.
    • Discussion: the confusion of one person multiplied by the number present.
    • Discussion Forum: the place where everybody posts, nobody reads and everybody disagrees later on.

Originally posted by TristeCoeur
    Nah Wang Chu Yi noticed that his inner power was superior to YK. YK was only better than him in techniques and tricks. I think that he was below the QZ masters but he was definintely better than YK. He was already better than his sifus (GN freaks), as they noticed when they tested him before Ma Yue appeared.

Put it this way: GJ's inner power then was enough to learn the 18 Dragon Palms. Si Hua Long in HSDS couldn't learn the 18 Dragon Palms completely (only 12 stances) because he didn't have enough inner power and so he was paralysed. After he recovered, he was able to seriously injure Sheng Kun within 10 stances (although he died afterwards). We know that Sheng Kun was on the same level as the 3 Shaolin Elders... So GJ's inner power then was already pretty good.
    Which is why i say broadly.

Btw, Some ppl in the past told me that the reason Sheng Kwun got into trouble when fighting Chief Shi was not only because the power of those 12 stances of HL18Palm but also because he was caught off-guard as he wasn't expecting much resistance from a partially paralyzed person.

I haven't read that part in the original version but in the revised HSDS, not much was said about that fight. Lady Yang only said that SHL had recovered 90% of his power and with 10 of his 12 Dragon Palms, seriously injured Sheng Kun, but himself was also badly injured and died a day later. Nothing was said about SK being caught off-guard, but I suppose that's a possibility.
    • Discussion Forum: the place where everybody posts, nobody reads and everybody disagrees later on.

Originally posted by Han Solo
    He learned the skill but didn't master it. There's a difference. Besides, he benefited from having the orthodox 9 Yin, while MCF's 9 Yin was certainly lacking the first part.
    yea, that is true. He also have the help of ZBT.

Originally posted by Han Solo
    While GJ is strong, i don't he has surpassed or even reached the level of the QZ 7 masters after that 2 years with Ma Yuk. Broadly speaking, he is around the level of YK at that time.
    the only reason I think he surpassed the QZ 7 masters because he master the 15 of 18 stance of the HL18Z. I believe to master 15 stance his inner power must be greater than the QZ 7 masters.
    I wonder did the snake's blood actually increase his inner power which allow him to master the 15 stances? Or I am overrating the HL18Z?

GJ's internal energy within 2 years with QZ's internal cultivation improves a lot faster than YK that is a lot more intelligent, that's something that is worth noting.

YK probably trained like his son did. With a lot on techniques and a little on internal energy. I thought YK wasn't very interested in martial arts?
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Originally posted by Ardor
    YK probably trained like his son did. With a lot on techniques and a little on internal energy. I thought YK wasn't very interested in martial arts?
    I think YK was very intersted in martial arts. It's only there were no one wanna teach him. He only knew some Quan Jen kungfu and 9Yin Claw. Unlike Guo Jing who was teach by H7G, ZBT, Ma Yuk, Jiangnan 7 Weirdo.
    Did QCJ(Yang Kang's master) teached Guo Jing kung fu?

Originally posted by Arching_Hero
    I think YK was very intersted in martial arts. It's only there were no one wanna teach him. He only knew some Quan Jen kungfu and 9Yin Claw. Unlike Guo Jing who was teach by H7G, ZBT, Ma Yuk, Jiangnan 7 Weirdo.
    Did QCJ(Yang Kang's master) teached Guo Jing kung fu?
    Yau Chui Gei did not teach Gwok Jing any martial arts, but another one of his sect brothers, Wong Chui 1, did.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Yau Chui Gei did not teach Gwok Jing any martial arts, but another one of his sect brothers, Wong Chui 1, did.
    Wrong, Wang Chu Yi didn't teach GJ anything. It was Ma Yue that taught him Quan Zhen inner power.

Yeah, I think YK is quite interested in martial arts. That's why he schemed to learn martial arts from OYF. But his improving rate in internal energy does seem to be a lot slower than GJ with Ma Yue's teaching.

GJ is dumb but not really2 dumb. It is just his 7 freak don't have the correct method to teach him efficiently. I think Ma Yu once said that 7 freak wu gong is too freak and complicated. one dumb person has to learn 7 types of freak wu gong without any sufficient neigong. no wonder he failed.
    Hong Qi Gong also said that complicated wu gong doesn't suitable with GJ.
    Most people said a lazy person like Duan Yu and ZWJ is so lucky to meet some great wu gong in the cave and so on.
    GJ is also has his own big luck by meet Ma Yu, Huang Rong, drinking snake bood, HQG, become sworn brothers of ZBT, and he also meet all the top pugilists in Jiang Hu in a very young age and got learned/fight them. He also got lucky to get 9JY manual, so in the early of ROCH he already become no 1 in the wulin.

Quote Originally Posted by St3v3 View Post
    GJ is dumb but not really2 dumb. It is just his 7 freak don't have the correct method to teach him efficiently. I think Ma Yu once said that 7 freak wu gong is too freak and complicated. one dumb person has to learn 7 types of freak wu gong without any sufficient neigong. no wonder he failed.
    Hong Qi Gong also said that complicated wu gong doesn't suitable with GJ.
    Most people said a lazy person like Duan Yu and ZWJ is so lucky to meet some great wu gong in the cave and so on.
    GJ is also has his own big luck by meet Ma Yu, Huang Rong, drinking snake bood, HQG, become sworn brothers of ZBT, and he also meet all the top pugilists in Jiang Hu in a very young age and got learned/fight them. He also got lucky to get 9JY manual, so in the early of ROCH he already become no 1 in the wulin.
    Well if we use Jinlun Fawang as a "benchmark" it would debatable regarding Guo Jing as the greatest fighter at that time since we have Zhou Botong which easily toying Jinlun..

Well, if we use Yi Deng and also Ying Gu, ZBT will also never win, he will run away for sure lol.

At the end of LOCH, GJ is surely still below 4 great, but he is even already number 1 in the world for some categories, "cheated" by HR. 4 greats can't be called no 1 if they couldn't beat youngsters by big margins. They had already been in wulin for some decades but face some difficulties to fight youngster who only spent a few years in wulin.