Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peach Blossom Island Kungfu vs Ermei Kungfu

Default Peach Blossom Island Kungfu vs Ermei Kungfu

When Guo Xiang founded Ermei, she mixed some 9Yang Jen Jing and the kungfu tat her father and friends had teach her.....
    and the Peach Blossom Island Kungfu have Divine Clicking Finger and Descending Flower Swordsmanship....etc.

Hmmm.. Peach Blossom Island Kungfu vs Ermei Kungfu??
    Which kungfu more superior??

wow, since no one wants to get into this discussion, I will give it my two cents and hope others will follow.

I think Omei techinques are just as good as the peach blossom island's.

Why, over time development of martial arts has always depend on the decendent of the art form.

Just because Guo Xiang didn't learn the devine clicking finger or the sword techinque, she has learn from her father, mother, YG, and a number of different people. With her inner based on 9yang, which some would agree to be just as good in internal energy as 9 yin. I don't think her omei's art is any worst than peach blossom's, maybe even better because Guo Xiang was just as smart as HYS and would be able to come up with bigger and better techinques.

As far as how it fairs with WuTang in hsds, that was all due to the later generation of omei not being able to under all of the essense of the techinque Guo Xiang came up with.
    JUST HERE TO ANNOY!!!!

Actually, my grandpa is smarter than me. I'm smart, but definitely not smarter than my grandpa and mother. ^^()
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

i think you were too "distracted" by certain people to go into your full potential.

Originally posted by philip
    i think you were too "distracted" by certain people to go into your full potential.
    Oh. Do you mean those mean Mongolians who keeps on eyeing on Xiangyang?

i was thinking more of someone else...

but the thing is...e-mei kung fu seemed to be passed down over more generations. We never really got to see Guo Xiang in full power, but we did get to see HYS and HR and GJ. The only sources we can really base on for E-mei kung fu is mie jue and zzr, etc. but i must say, GX's sect was more sucessful than her peach blosson cuz e-mei actually exists today

but the thing is...e-mei kung fu seemed to be passed down over more generations. We never really got to see Guo Xiang in full power, but we did get to see HYS and HR and GJ. The only sources we can really base on for E-mei kung fu is mie jue and zzr, etc. but i must say, GX's sect was more sucessful than her peach blosson cuz e-mei actually exists today
    OH! If you are talking about real-life Emei, I'm sorry to smash your dreams but it wasn't me who set it up.

lol...giving away credit now too?
    but in anycase...in jy's world, you created e-mei. and jin yong tends to like to be "historically correct" even when he manipulates it...lol. but, i think jin yong wanted us to believe GX created e-mei..and it should be the one that exists today, just like how he credited ZSF w/ wudang and it exists today.

Was it ever mentioned in any of the novels why Guo Xiang didn't know 9 Yin? Being so smart, I would think she would have been taught it.
    ...why don't I just ask her,
    Guo Xiang! why don't you know any 9 Yin?
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Originally posted by JigSta
    Was it ever mentioned in any of the novels why Guo Xiang didn't know 9 Yin? Being so smart, I would think she would have been taught it.
    ...why don't I just ask her,
    Guo Xiang! why don't you know any 9 Yin?
    After the end of ROCH, Gwok Seung left Seung Yeung City in search of Yeung Gor. I don't think she returned to Seung Yeung after that. Hence, there was never an opportunity for her to learn 9 Yum Jen Ging from her parents.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    After the end of ROCH, Gwok Seung left Seung Yeung City in search of Yeung Gor. I don't think she returned to Seung Yeung after that. Hence, there was never an opportunity for her to learn 9 Yum Jen Ging from her parents.
    I didn't know she left so fast. Thanks for answering.
    Last edited by JigSta; 12-24-03 at 12:08 PM.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

hmm..I know that Peach Blossom Islanddid exist but do Peach Blossom Island clan or group did really exist??

wait...there really is a Peach Island????

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    She must have at least met her parents at least once (to get the Heavenly Sword), and seeing that GJ could not be spared of the duty of defending Xiang Yang, it would highly likely that she returned to Xiang Yang at least once.

wait...there really is a Peach Island????
    Yea, Peach Blossom Island was one of LOCH03 series shooting location.

there is an Ermeii Shan, i think in Sichuan, so pretty just looking at the video. is Ermei pai in there?

Originally posted by Arching_Hero
    Yea, Peach Blossom Island was one of LOCH03 series shooting location.
    oh...you mean for the staging? i thought you meant there was really an island named "Peach Island" that existed...in anycase, i don't think there really was Peach Island sect/kung fu

oh...you mean for the staging? i thought you meant there was really an island named "Peach Island" that existed...in anycase, i don't think there really was Peach Island sect/kung fu
    noooo
    there really IS Peach Blossom Island
    they filmed there

which brings another question
    does fire ice island exist?
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Originally posted by Ardor
    noooo
    there really IS Peach Blossom Island
    they filmed there
    Woot! HYS, break out that party food and flute, cause I'm coming to paaaaarty!

I'm going there to find some left over martial arts manual.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"