Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Hockey Team

after seeing the Toronto came back and beat Sens from a 5 to 1 game to a 6 to 5 win I believe Leafs have a great chance of going all the way.

And Sens just upgrade and got Bondra to compensate for their injuries list... once those guys get healthy again they would be a nasty team to play against also.

so I think canadian teams have a chance this year.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

i heard theodore is struggling lately, but im sure he'll bounce back. i dont think montreal will trade him tho, if they ever wanna make the playoff they need him to play like the MVP he was 2 yrs ago. ottawa can still get kolzig, plus i wont be too worry about philly, he ALWAYS choke in the playoff

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

ya philly really do choke up a lot against ottawa, i don't think they will be a threat if they were to play ottawa. Toronto should play more consistent and Calgary (no offense to Edmonton, my hometown) is really catching up at this rate we don't know what kind of damage they will do in the playoffs.

i would be very worry if canucks play flames in the playoff. calgary is built for the playoff, they play low scoring games, trap like hell, work hard, and get great goaltending from kipprusoff. they remind me of minnisota and anaheim from last yr, and look how they did! calgary can definitely upset a top team in any series right now.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

oh ya i think it would be good if they blank out colorado instead, anaheim got skoula now that's crazy they're really want to get back into the playoffs again. I hope Vancouver goes up to the top so it would be a all canadian take in the playoffs.

i think its too late for anaheim now, they r like 12 pts out??
    yea i wanna see a all canadian teams final for once! dont care who it is. last time dat happen i think was in '89! i would love to see ottawa vs vancouver for the cup, or toronto vs vancouver.

no way it think toronto and ottawa in the conference finals and vancouver and calgary, then i would either like something with calgary or vancouver it doesn't matter who the eastern team is cause one of them is going to lose badly cause of the rival and those games are the best.

haha, i dont mind, i just want to watch some all-canadian-teams series, im so sick and tired of watching the american teams in the finals. hockey is canada's sport, yet we havent have a cup winner in 11yrs, and no final appearance in 10 yrs, thats just sad!

Anyone seen the movie Miracle... I know is a movie topic but since this is Hockey... I wonder why they don't make a movie about Canada vs the USSR. Where Paul Henderson score the winning goal
    Flame on I am gone...

because if no american teams are involved the americans wont watch it , altho it should be interesting
    how was the movie? i heard good things about it but have yet to watch it.

ya how was the movie, I agree if there is nothing that has to do with patriotism of american hockey it's supposedly not worth wathcing (messed up Americans, you know canadian hockey is way better, your just too afraid to amitt it like a lot of things *cough, cough* --Iraq--) How you think the oils are performing they seem to be notching some wins lately.

trizz your oilers cost my canucks a point!!
    they are playing really good lately, actually dominated the canucks on sat. if it wasnt for cloutier it would've been 6-3.
    i think the oiler is just a few points out of the top 8 now, good job, i hope they make it so for once ALL canadian teams will make it.

The best thing to happen is to let calgary and edmonton win and giving vancouver some more wins and that should put us all up there, safe and sound. Cause Calgary is deadlast in the running now, 8th place, they really got to play better

even though calgary is 8th rite now, i think they are safe because st. louis isnt gonna catch up. im a little worry about the canadiens too, the sabres had been playing really good lately and mite catch them.
    DANIEL SEDIN 4 : DETROIT RED WINGS 2!! the third goal was a beauty.

ya the canadiens are struggling a bit with the standings, but it'll be even more tense since all the teams in the Playoff cut in the west have really close points so a few loss would be devasting to any team in the west.

Was in Regina today and heard Dick Irvin said that the one thing that is destorying Hockey right now is too many teams. The reason he said that was he miss the old rivals between teams... like Habs and Leafs, Oiler and Flames, etc. Now people could care less if games between Predators and Wilds...

He also blame this on the low score... because quality player are all over the place instead of with one team. (ala Oilers in the 80's)

Now talent is spread between teams where you have one star player in a really sucky team. If he was playing with quality player then hockey games would be exciting again.

that is what he said on the radio...
    Flame on I am gone...

nice explaination, i agree, too many teams and every game just seem the same, it's not fun anymore. Too many players too, back then only the best of the best can make it, now just about anyone can make the nhl.

Ya I mean there is a lot of teams out there that are in city that probably never heard of Hockey but just go to games because to do something... but while there is a lot of town and city that love hockey but can't afford to keep ticket sales to substain a team.

i still remember the rumor that spread here in the late 80's and early 90's start of the expansion that blues might be moving to saskatchewan... the team would be own by the folks here... we all can buy shares of the team like a co-op... but that deal felt thru.
    Flame on I am gone...

wow, i cant believe the flames went from 5th to 7th in one night! man the west is really close, i starting to worry for calgary. like trizz said, any lost can be lethal to their playoff chance. btw, edmonton have 61 pts now, they'll need AT LEAST 90 pts to make the playoff, and have 19 games left, so that means they'll need 15 wins, 1 tie, and only 3 lost to end the season just to have a chance to make it....

i agree w/ dick ivrin about the rivalry thing, i think thats why teams play their division rivals 6 times a season and play some teams from the other conference only once. but IMO rivalries are made during the playoff (eg: Col vs Det, Ott vs Tor) so if you wanna see more rivalry just pray that more teams play each other in the playoff

the thing about expansion is, not only does it spread out all the talented players, but many teams have mostly crappy players, so they'll have to play the trap to win, thats why scoring is down so much.