Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1223

Thread: Canadian Hockey Team

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    i heard ppl wanting a 30 team tourney for the stanley cup, for me that doesn't work, theres gonna be teams that get a by and that's not gonna be good for all the teams
    This sounds interesting, 30 teams going head to head. It would sound ike March Madness but instead of basketball it is hockey
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

but i highly doubt that they will come to any agreements cause goodenow and bettman aren't even talking to each other and it's these two gentlemen that makes all the decisions, well i hope they just have hockey next season, this one is just about over

the nhl wont be back anytime soon so i think you guys can stop hoping

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

not to disappoint u trizz, but gretzky, bettman, goodenow, etc all said this lockout might last over 2 years

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

ya i think i kinda realized that but it's not bad to wish and hope for things to happen don't you think, haha, you know what i think this league is just gonna fall apart and another league is gonna take the place of NHL as the world's top professional hockey league

the WHA?? hahahahaha

The longer this strike is the worst it will affect the fans... I mean Hockey is not that popular compare to the other major sports in North America... and basically if they do lock it out for 2 years, lots of fan will leave and then I believe some of the teams will close down because it doesn't have the support of the small market... this could be markets like Edmonton or Ottawa . I would say Calgary but after last year it seems they do have a huge fans if they start winning

Anyways which actually follow the european hockey league at the moment? I know Forsberg, Alferson etc. are playing there but I don't think anyone watching those games.
    Flame on I am gone...

there should be basketball but i don't think much people will be attending them

You mean in Canada, I am not sure what they do. I remember going to the sport bars last weekend and instead of seeing a hockey game online it was Tennis... it was a total different experience.
    Flame on I am gone...

has anyone seen the previews or even the movie, coach carter? is it just me or is the team the oilers?

I haven't watch it yet, don't spoil it for me, cause i really wanna watch that movie, hey now that theres no hockey wonder if they're gonna produce any hockey based movie?

Mircale was the last hockey movie made and is not a bad one. But the best was Slapshot
    Flame on I am gone...

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    The longer this strike is the worst it will affect the fans... I mean Hockey is not that popular compare to the other major sports in North America... and basically if they do lock it out for 2 years, lots of fan will leave and then I believe some of the teams will close down because it doesn't have the support of the small market... this could be markets like Edmonton or Ottawa . I would say Calgary but after last year it seems they do have a huge fans if they start winning

Anyways which actually follow the european hockey league at the moment? I know Forsberg, Alferson etc. are playing there but I don't think anyone watching those games.
    im sure the hard core fans will be back when the lockouts over, and since most fans from canada are hard core hockey fans, im sure edmonton and ottawa will be fine, its the carolina, florida, buffalo, nashville, etc that i worry about.
    i watch a couple of SEL games this yr, watched the first game naslund play for modo. too bad forsberg got injured the first game naslund got there, it would've been interesting to watch those 2 play together again. naslund stats in SEL 2GP 2G 1A 3P. the sedins are playing good tho, so dats good for nucks fans.

Actually Ottawa is having problem as we speak and even last year the team almost went bankrupted and as for Edmonton, they are not a big market team and they have to be careful about their budget. Both have loyal fans but some of these fans can't afford seasons tickets to pack the arena day in and day out.

That is what happen in Winnpeg... where there is still a lot of die hard fans but they don't have enough money to fill in the seats
    Flame on I am gone...

but the rink size and rules in europe is different from north america is it?

but the rink size and rules in europe is different from north america is it?
    ya European league's rink is larger then your typical NHL rinks. I think 85 feet compare to 100 feet.
    Flame on I am gone...

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    Actually Ottawa is having problem as we speak and even last year the team almost went bankrupted and as for Edmonton, they are not a big market team and they have to be careful about their budget. Both have loyal fans but some of these fans can't afford seasons tickets to pack the arena day in and day out.

That is what happen in Winnpeg... where there is still a lot of die hard fans but they don't have enough money to fill in the seats
    if i remember correctly ottawa's financial problem was due to their arena, it wasnt becuz they dont draw a big enuff crowd.
    but ott, edm, have to be careful w/ their budget just like every other teams not located in NY, Det, Col, Tor, Phi, Dal. i still think edm will be fine, its has all the tradition, lots of interest and i just dont see bettman letting them move/fold.

i'm not worried about our city, i'm worried about anaheim, nashville, carolina, florida, and many more other teams, (omg i forgot some teams, i just can't remember them, stupid lockout)

i'm not worried about our city, i'm worried about anaheim, nashville, carolina, florida, and many more other teams, (omg i forgot some teams, i just can't remember them, stupid lockout)
    hehe

but back to the market, some of these folks in these small market can't afford the inflated tickets. I mean some of the tickets are very pricey... and if you are a season ticket holder you are spending a lot. As for Ottawa, something is happening to their CFL team... they have fans but it seems their fans don't like to support the team maybe because they have a losing seasons. I remember someone said the reason they held a grey cup there this year is so other fans from accross the national would attend the games there and generate enough money for them to support the team for another couple more seasons. If they depend on the fans in Ottawa it wouldn't make money at all. I really think having a new arena means increase in ticket prices... and last I check Senator's games aren't sold out at home at all.
    Flame on I am gone...

oh well at least we won't have that horrible 30 team league come on that is horrible