Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Hockey Team

Go oilers, go oilers. I think we have a chance of making to the playoffs now. AND we just tied the St louis blues.
    where art thou prince? i want to wake up!

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

it's playoff time for canada, we're gonna take the cup, so america hands off, it's ours.

Some playoff prediction

Leafs - will make it far but will have lots of injuries

Sens - will have lots of injuries period or make it pass first round

Nuks - the scoring line (Naslund, Bezz, Morrsion) will be the only ones scoring, the rest of the team will be not pick up their slack

Oilers - another 1st round push to the limit 7 game lose

Calgary - so unpredictable I can see them go all the way and i can also see them gone in the 1st round.

Habs - they are in yet?
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

my predictions are

leafs - all the way, and we know it

sens - lose to leafs in finals, but finish all teams fast in 5 or 4 games

habs - unpredictable, hopefully pass first round

van. - I say at least second round, and if the defensemen help out, then maybe farther.

oils - if the make the playoffs, they will probably get a seven game series for sure, win or lose it's all up to them

Cal. - second round for sure, they will pick of the first team, if it's san jose, 4 games finish them, making to third round, it's still unpredictable.

But still anyway, go Canada, Cup is coming back home, to the country of hockey.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

van lost to det, it was a big lost because now theres a 5 points different between them, and det have a game in hand, so i dunno if canucks can catch up to them.
    leetch had a 3 point game in his toronto debut! what an awesome trade for the leafs. i hope brian burke will get off his @$$ and start making some call, cause dallas is catching up FAST!
    my thoughts on NYR, slater gave up on tryin to buy a playoff team and is now rebuilding. gone are kovalev, nedved, leetch and simon, next will be lindros and poti, bure will retire, so i think its time to start over. although they are stuck with jagr and holik, thats $19M right there, for 2 players! yikes!

im always so bad with predictions, but i'll give it a shot

canucks- first round exit. lose to dallas in 6. burke will not be resign because he failed to make a trade.

oilers- miss the PO by 1 point again sorry trizz but its just too tough to pass 2 teams with only 15 games remaining

flames- beat SJ in first round, lose to Det in 2nd.

leafs- beat Bos in first round, will make the conference final but lose there

canadiens- first round exit

senators- make the cup final, but lose to Col

if you put it that way, i think TOR will make it all the way and take it home too. Det would be their opponent in the final not COL

i really like Col chance over Det, and the reason for that is two words- Peter Forsberg. hes unstopable, specially in the PO.
    the series between Tor and Ott is a toss-up, it can go either way, but i absolutely hate the leafs so i'll take the sens over them.

if Roy was playing I would think Avls... but since he is gone... Avls would have a hard time going all the way in the playoff.

Wings looks dangerous I might add... I do want Cujo to win a cup... but it all depends how much Wings wants to win...

Leafs have lots of pressure, lots of vets, good goalie, an awsome offense. So I do hope they will win this year.

Also I heard rumors that if Leafs don't win this year... is going to be a fire sale... and they are rebuilding themselves with draft picks and trades for younger talents.
    Flame on I am gone...

they better win, or else it's going to be another washington and i don't want that happening, besides i would rather take Toronto to win over any other team in the west. I want a Canadian team to win before it's too late.

Originally posted by James Ko
    if Roy was playing I would think Avls... but since he is gone... Avls would have a hard time going all the way in the playoff.

Wings looks dangerous I might add... I do want Cujo to win a cup... but it all depends how much Wings wants to win...

Leafs have lots of pressure, lots of vets, good goalie, an awsome offense. So I do hope they will win this year.

Also I heard rumors that if Leafs don't win this year... is going to be a fire sale... and they are rebuilding themselves with draft picks and trades for younger talents.
    if only Roy can make a come back just for the PO, that would be sweet!
    i forgot hatcher is coming back from his injury, which will make the red wings much tougher than they already are!

hey trizz, you can cross out the canucks from the list of contending teams. wtf was bertuzzi thinking!?!? that was the WORST penalty commited by a canucks player, EVER!
    im probably the biggest canucks fan and even im sick of this team right now. im so angry with so many things about the team. the 3 things that bugs me most is
    #1. steve moore did not deserve this, his hit on naslund was controversal but not dirty. he apologized. he even fought cooke when he was challenged. what more does he have to do!? what bertuzzi did was stupid and uncalled for. i just hope moore is gonna be ok.
    #2. the canucks said this is the biggest game of the season, then came out and let in 5 goals in the first. they've been inconsistent the whole season, they dont work hard, they start every game flat. this team show very little character and energy this season, and they dont deserve to be 4th in the conference. this team definitly regress over the last 8 months.
    #3. with bertuzzi most likely suspended the rest of the season and PO, and a GM that like to sit on his @$$ and do nothing, our chance for the cup just went from decent to nil.

O well, I doubt Bezz will get much time off... at least he is getting some needed break

Beside he is a superstar... without hiim on the ice, NHL probably lost a lot of ticket sales. Owners knows it, Players knows it, so basically he will be back on the ice soon.
    Flame on I am gone...

that was unexpected and i said the other day to my dad that salo is going sooner or later because they need to make room for nedved, so now it's the eastern canadian teams who have the sole chance to take it home, i'm so partriotic. Edmonton is out, Calgary is unpredictable, vancouver lost, toronto need to stay healthy, theordore will screw up montreal, and ottawa is on a roll.

ya and that bertuzzi thing was dirty and unthoughtful, it was wrong, shame on you bertuzzi.

Originally posted by trizz251
    ya and that bertuzzi thing was dirty and unthoughtful, it was wrong, shame on you bertuzzi.
    Dumb yes but I bet no one is going to cheap shot any Nuks for a while... people have to realize that you do a bad thing to another player someone from that team will do the somethingbad to you and it could be a lot worst then what you did in the first place.

Moore did a bad thing to Naslund a while back... I bet he is sorry for doing that because he didn't expect what happen last nite to him was going to happen...
    Flame on I am gone...

Originally posted by James Ko
    Dumb yes but I bet no one is going to cheap shot any Nuks for a while... people have to realize that you do a bad thing to another player someone from that team will do the somethingbad to you and it could be a lot worst then what you did in the first place.

Moore did a bad thing to Naslund a while back... I bet he is sorry for doing that because he didn't expect what happen last nite to him was going to happen...
    thats true, i dont think naslund will get hit again any time soon, after what happened to the last guy who hit him. btw moore had a concussion, neck fracture and 7 stitches

i agree at getting back at moore, but not like this! there is no justifying what bertuzzi did, specially the moore hit on nazzy is clean.

my prediction is bertuzzi is gonna be suspended for the rest of the season and PO, and will be ban from playing in the world cup. anything less i think the league have some real problem, theres no way a player (rather hes a star or not) get away with just a slap on the hand after sucker punching somebody else from behind, falling on him (remember bert is 250 lbs), and powerdrive his face into the ice. moore couldve die! no way bert should be allowed to play again this year.

btw, some people here in vancouver is actually trying to justify what bertuzzi did, saying moore deserved it and had it coming. some people are actually lobbying for bertuzzi to be allowed to play in the PO!! i can not believe how heartless some of these vancouverites are!

well Nuks fans are a little crazy

But yes nothing can justify what Bertuzzi did. But maybe what he did will change the way we see hockey. Maybe less cheap shots and more puck handling, passing and shooting.

As for the Moore hit on Nas... hehe I didn't think that was clean hehe, he wanted to put Nas down and he did.

I think the NHL have to change something... there is never a clean hit... if you hit something there is always a chance to hurt that person.

That is why there is people in Saskatchewan lobbying the government to disallow checking, fighting in minor hockeys.
    Flame on I am gone...

i agree with no fighting in the minors cause if your not careful it can do some permanent damage, and they should only have clean shots on the ice, that was a cheap shot, but you can't blame bertuzzi, Naslund is his best friend and maybe his only (just joking) ya and he would stand up for his friends that show character, but hitting like that shows that you are a cheap person, not worthy, you got to be patient and think before you act. Bertuzzi could of got back in other not so violent ways. Oh ya you think Colorado will do good in the PO with so many new players added to their team. And do you think it'll be for the better or for worse for Oil's trading away Salo, plz tell me i wanna know, most ppl say it's better for both team.