Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1223

Thread: Canadian Hockey Team

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

give it up james, that guy clearly refuse (or incapable) of seeing pass the "he got a broken neck" "will never live a normal life again" "no money will buy his health back" crap to see what this lawsuit really means. i mean, how many posts have we made explaining the situation? but if u look at his last post, its EXACTLY the same as this first one. if a non hockey fan ever read jere's stuff, he'll think dat moore is dead or lying there waiting to die. but i challenge anybody to come up w/ a link saying moore have any mobility problem.

however, i now realize how powerful the american media is. why? jeff buekeboom (i mite've spell his name wrong, but he was w/ the rangers for the '94 cup) got sucker punched by matt johnson, retired (yes he actually retired, unlike moore's "im not playing rite now, but i mite come back later, but im gonna sue everybody now anyways no matter what") becuz of post concussion syndrome. does anybody knows dat? im doubt even ppl like jere knows about him. but wheres all the outrage against johnson? nobodys calling for his head. nobodys saying buekeboom's life is never the same again. and sure as heck nobody is telling us that buekeboom should sue. whats the diff? its becuz the american media didnt pick up on dat incident, dats y. if ppl feel so strongly that justice must be served by punishing bert, where are those ppl when buekeboom retired??

I know there are a lot of people feel sorry for Moore because of what the media trying to do. Bert is a superstar, currently one of the best forward in the NHL. Moore is not someone important and when you have a celebrity attacking a nobody... that is news.

Also did anyone saw the hit from Moore to Naslund... i mean that put Naslund out for couple of games. Can Naslund now sue Moore for putting him out of those games because i mean I am sure in Naslund's contract there is a clause that would give Naslund bonus for his stats... those games probably slow down his productivitiy which means less chance of getting that bonus.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    I know there are a lot of people feel sorry for Moore because of what the media trying to do. Bert is a superstar, currently one of the best forward in the NHL. Moore is not someone important and when you have a celebrity attacking a nobody... that is news.

Also did anyone saw the hit from Moore to Naslund... i mean that put Naslund out for couple of games. Can Naslund now sue Moore for putting him out of those games because i mean I am sure in Naslund's contract there is a clause that would give Naslund bonus for his stats... those games probably slow down his productivitiy which means less chance of getting that bonus.
    Was the hit on naslund in live play? yes. enough said.
    69 is a nice number

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    give it up james, that guy clearly refuse (or incapable) of seeing pass the "he got a broken neck" "will never live a normal life again" "no money will buy his health back" crap to see what this lawsuit really means. i mean, how many posts have we made explaining the situation? but if u look at his last post, its EXACTLY the same as this first one. if a non hockey fan ever read jere's stuff, he'll think dat moore is dead or lying there waiting to die. but i challenge anybody to come up w/ a link saying moore have any mobility problem.

however, i now realize how powerful the american media is. why? jeff buekeboom (i mite've spell his name wrong, but he was w/ the rangers for the '94 cup) got sucker punched by matt johnson, retired (yes he actually retired, unlike moore's "im not playing rite now, but i mite come back later, but im gonna sue everybody now anyways no matter what") becuz of post concussion syndrome. does anybody knows dat? im doubt even ppl like jere knows about him. but wheres all the outrage against johnson? nobodys calling for his head. nobodys saying buekeboom's life is never the same again. and sure as heck nobody is telling us that buekeboom should sue. whats the diff? its becuz the american media didnt pick up on dat incident, dats y. if ppl feel so strongly that justice must be served by punishing bert, where are those ppl when buekeboom retired??

who are you to tell me I'm a non hockey fan. I've been a hockey fan longer than most people here.

dont' tell me I don't know anything about this sport or the spirit of it. I take great pride in enjoying the game, whether it was playing roller hockey in high school to attending the stanley cup finals the past year.

if anything that I'm guilty of, it is defending the livelihood of a man who has been severely injured.

you of course have no idea of any medical diagnosis if you were given the x-rays to his broken neck or the cat scan to his brain to even make any sound judgement. of course I can't expect anything from a person who is probably in the "non" medical field. touche.
    69 is a nice number

Quote Originally Posted by Jere
    who are you to tell me I'm a non hockey fan. I've been a hockey fan longer than most people here.

dont' tell me I don't know anything about this sport or the spirit of it. I take great pride in enjoying the game, whether it was playing roller hockey in high school to attending the stanley cup finals the past year.

if anything that I'm guilty of, it is defending the livelihood of a man who has been severely injured.

you of course have no idea of any medical diagnosis if you were given the x-rays to his broken neck or the cat scan to his brain to even make any sound judgement. of course I can't expect anything from a person who is probably in the "non" medical field. touche.
    unless the medical report made public by the newspaper are wrong, and the doctors purposely lie about the extent of moores injury, i know all i need to make the judgement i made. since u clearly think moores life is ruin, and apparently ur in the medical field, do provide us w/ the evidence for your believe, and please provide evidence that moore's broken neck is not gonna heal, and please provide evidence that moore will never play again in the nhl. and after that, please provide your reason for why may/crawford/burke/orcabay should be include in the lawsuit. you came here claiming this man's life is "ruin" and "will never be the same again" but had yet to provide concrete evidence to prove that his broken neck is not healed and he will never play again.

but hey, if ur a hockey fan for so long, where were u when buekeboom got sucker punched? wheres all the lawsuit and "his life is ruin" claims? explain that! touche.

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    unless the medical report made public by the newspaper are wrong, and the doctors purposely lie about the extent of moores injury, i know all i need to make the judgement i made. since u clearly think moores life is ruin, and apparently ur in the medical field, do provide us w/ the evidence for your believe, and please provide evidence that moore's broken neck is not gonna heal, and please provide evidence that moore will never play again in the nhl. and after that, please provide your reason for why may/crawford/burke/orcabay should be include in the lawsuit. you came here claiming this man's life is "ruin" and "will never be the same again" but had yet to provide concrete evidence to prove that his broken neck is not healed and he will never play again.

but hey, if ur a hockey fan for so long, where were u when buekeboom got sucker punched? wheres all the lawsuit and "his life is ruin" claims? explain that! touche.
    When did I say his life is ruined? I said his "livelihood". Know the difference before you start pointing fingers. I am not trying to abuse the use of semantics, but goodness, try to expand your reading rather then being stuck on paragraphs that you don't approve of.

And did I not say head injuries differ from cases? Do you not read or are you so stuck in one side of defending how it's just a money gimmick that you've forgotten my argument. I said that his injuries is sufficient enough for him to sue anyone who had a hand and was involved with it.

You apparently have no hands on experience with anyone who had any form of head injuries or else you wouldn't be talking like anyone could recover from head injuries so easily.

I will give you an example right now. A personal one I may add.

My baby brother was hit by a car and suffered a head injury as a result. His suffering included severe nerve sheering, mild concussion, and a broken wrist.

With that said, it's been over 6 months since he has recovered but he is still suffering from the symptoms.

Symptoms including severe limitation on bodily movement in the left hand side of the body. This is not due to being hit by a car, but by having his head hit on the road.

The brain is the most sensitive organ in the living body. UNDERSTAND THIS. He suffered a mild concussion. It's just a mild concussion and yet he's still suffering from constant head aches till this day.

Another example of long term affects of concussions. I had a patient which I had known for close to 2 years now. He was in a car accident; hit by a drunken driver. His head went straight into the windshield and resulted in cuts and lacerations, not to mention a severe concussion. He did however recover, but have not been the same. Through the last few years, he suffer from massive headaches, lost of memory, and piercing ring tone inside his head which he can't control.

Why do you think there are so many athletes that can't recover from servere consussions or multiple minor concussions? Aikman, lindross's brother, Staubach, toon, and the likes.

I seek no pity and I'm not making any personal attempt to defend moore. Head injuries varies. You have no rights to say he's solely after money when the continuation of his life and family depends on his ability to perform, which to this day, he is unable to.

The brain is the most sensitive part of the body. Any damage to it would cause a domino effect to other parts of the body.

You're so stuck into that macho masculinity of being tough and everyone is after your money, but you fail to see that we live in a world of real people and not everyone could be like you and be as fair minded as you claim to be. You talk as if you're the most honest person in this world and that you would not do the same if you were in his position. I sense all talk.

Your lack of knowledge in the medical field and anything related to it, combined with your narrow minded ideas of willful masculinity is plainly disturbing.

I'm sorry to say this, but people do suffer and just because you deemed that certain decisions made by others don't stand up to your supposedly honorable morales, doesn't mean that they're wrong.

If anything, you are the one that's wrong for merely suggesting it. ANd next time you write something, let it be with substance rather than a bunch of b.s. that no doubtly reflect your level of intelligence. touche.
    69 is a nice number

Was the hit on naslund in live play? yes. enough said.
    No is not as simple as you might think

No one really see the person who threw up the first punch (Moore) they always see the one who threw out the last one (Bert).

Was Moore hit repeatly replayed - No.

Was Moore hit result in a lawsuit - No

Vancouver Canucks kept that part in the game and not outside. Moore and his lawyers with the help of the media and some misunderstood fans brought it outside the game. Just like I was doing when Heatly got into the car accident and kill one of his friend and teammate. If it happen outside of the game keep it outside. If it happen in the ring keep it inside. I understand what people are saying that now.

If you are a Hockey Fan, you should know fighting is part of the game, getting hurt is part of the game and unfortunatly cheap shot is part of the game. Super is right. Stuff like this happen before yet no one took notice to it... why because media never got involved.

Like I said in previous posts, Lindros and many others was hit so many times they have to retired... their career is over and the doctors were saying if they get another concussion it would not only end their career but their lifes. They never went and sue everyone that cause this to them.

About experience about head injuries, I have family member (grandma - also car accident- truck ran her over in vancouver) and friends (from hockey - some guy knock his helmet off and then use a stick to wack at his head while he was down) that got head injuries before and yes it can get really bad. I think we can all agree that we all feel sorry for Moore for what happened. It is just how he is handling it really clause this debate. I rather have him doing promotion about how cheap shot should be banned or how the proper way to check someone instead of this.
    Flame on I am gone...

When did I say his life is ruined? I said his "livelihood". Know the difference before you start pointing fingers. I am not trying to abuse the use of semantics, but goodness, try to expand your reading rather then being stuck on paragraphs that you don't approve of.
    This is no joke people. Money will never be the issue. Don't mock the guy for doing what he believes to be right for him in the long term. His life is ruin, not yours, so it's hard to understand what he's going through
    this is your post on 02-28-05, 04:51 AM
    seems to me u should know what ur talkin about b4 u critize other ppl's reading skill.

And did I not say head injuries differ from cases? Do you not read or are you so stuck in one side of defending how it's just a money gimmick that you've forgotten my argument. I said that his injuries is sufficient enough for him to sue anyone who had a hand and was involved with it.
    and for the millionth time, HOW DOES MAY/CRAWFORD/BURKE/ORCABAY HAD A HAND IN THIS!?!? and this conspriracy theory is just plain stupid, but im sure u already know how i feel about dat cuz u read my posts rite?

You apparently have no hands on experience with anyone who had any form of head injuries or else you wouldn't be talking like anyone could recover from head injuries so easily.
    i never ever said he'll recover 4sure, or easily. i said he should make sure hes done as a hockey player b4 he sue.

I will give you an example right now. A personal one I may add.

My baby brother was hit by a car and suffered a head injury as a result. His suffering included severe nerve sheering, mild concussion, and a broken wrist.

With that said, it's been over 6 months since he has recovered but he is still suffering from the symptoms.

Symptoms including severe limitation on bodily movement in the left hand side of the body. This is not due to being hit by a car, but by having his head hit on the road.

The brain is the most sensitive organ in the living body. UNDERSTAND THIS. He suffered a mild concussion. It's just a mild concussion and yet he's still suffering from constant head aches till this day.
    now i know y ur so passionate about defending moore. so passionate u cant even comprehand what im trying to say, and twist all my words to your favor.
    and last i check, moore have a concussion, not nerve damage, not mobility problem. your bro's situation, while tragic, have nothing to do w/ moore and isnt comparable. if ur gonna compare injuries, use a hockey player, theres literally hundreds of them who had concussion from hockey related activities, so im sure u'll find one dat support your argument. dont use a car accident to compare w/ a hockey incident.

Another example of long term affects of concussions. I had a patient which I had known for close to 2 years now. He was in a car accident; hit by a drunken driver. His head went straight into the windshield and resulted in cuts and lacerations, not to mention a severe concussion. He did however recover, but have not been the same. Through the last few years, he suffer from massive headaches, lost of memory, and piercing ring tone inside his head which he can't control.

Why do you think there are so many athletes that can't recover from servere consussions or multiple minor concussions? Aikman, lindross's brother, Staubach, toon, and the likes.
    how about brad may, donald brashear, jeremy roenick, markus naslund, maxim afinogenov and so on? they all had concussion, may/brashear/roenick even had 3rd degree concussions, and im sure u know dat is the most severe of concussions. yet they are all still playing today. is it miracle? doubt it, unless god really love them for some reason. not all players retire after one (or even multiple) concussion. but what makes u think moore is done? cuz he cant play now? ARE YOU SO SURE THAT HIS LIVIHOOD IS RUINED THAT, IF GIVEN THE CHANCE, YOU WILL WALK UP TO HIM, LOOK HIM IN THE EYE, AND SAY "YOUR NHL CAREER IS OVER, NEVER SHALL U PLAY AGAIN" AND SAY IT W/ CERTAINTY AND EVIDENCE?? do u have some kinda test done on him that suggest he will never play again? until he announce his retirment, im not ruling out his chances of making a comeback.

I seek no pity and I'm not making any personal attempt to defend moore. Head injuries varies. You have no rights to say he's solely after money when the continuation of his life and family depends on his ability to perform, which to this day, he is unable to.
    i have no rights to voicing my opinion?? thats news to me. not once did i condamn him for suing bertuzzi. but when he start suing everybody under the sun (and u have yet to list one reason why hes justify to do so) thats where i draw the line.
    and like u said, head injuries vary. what makes u so damn sure moore will follow the footstep of brett lindros and not maxim afinogenov?

The brain is the most sensitive part of the body. Any damage to it would cause a domino effect to other parts of the body.

You're so stuck into that macho masculinity of being tough and everyone is after your money, but you fail to see that we live in a world of real people and not everyone could be like you and be as fair minded as you claim to be. You talk as if you're the most honest person in this world and that you would not do the same if you were in his position. I sense all talk.
    i have yet to be in his position (thank god) so i wouldnt really know what i'll do. but if i start suing everybody i can find, ur more then welcome to call me greedy.

Your lack of knowledge in the medical field and anything related to it, combined with your narrow minded ideas of willful masculinity is plainly disturbing.

I'm sorry to say this, but people do suffer and just because you deemed that certain decisions made by others don't stand up to your supposedly honorable morales, doesn't mean that they're wrong.
    im not saying hes wrong, im saying hes greedy, theres a difference.
    and u have yet to prove your medical supremacy w/ any of your posts. if head injuries professional have yet to tell moore to retire, y should i believe u when u say his livihood is ruined? unless ur smarter than those professionals, which from your posts here makes me very doubtful.

If anything, you are the one that's wrong for merely suggesting it. ANd next time you write something, let it be with substance rather than a bunch of b.s. that no doubtly reflect your level of intelligence. touche.
    haha, ur saying my stuff have no substances!?!? u've gotta be freaking kidding me. read over your own posts, and tell me what "substances" u have. all u do is sprew out rhetorics, opinions, and more rhetorics. hows "his life is ruin", "my bro had concussion" and "moore have all the rights to sue those who injured him" have any substances?? that is your opinion and your dramatization of the situation, no more, no less. if ur gonna mock my intelligent level, at least make ONE arguement that have FACTS to back it up.

u know what, as much as i love to make u look stupid, im through arguing w/ u. its going nowhere, ur obviously too passionate (re: stubborn/narrowminded) about concussion to discuss the main issue at hand - the lawsuit - which reflect that moore wants more cash.
    but feel free to continue proclaiming his life is ruined (w/out facts or medical report to back it up) or make nonrelated comparisons (your bro's car accident and his damaged nerve and mobility problem surely reflect moore's hockey incident w/ no nerve damage and no mobility problem) or tell us these real world situations from your hospital (like hockey players live in a fantasy world and when they suffer concussion its different than the average joe).
    Last edited by superkaratemonkey; 03-03-05 at 03:00 AM.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

even with me, james and superkaratemonkey arguing against you to see the FULL truth, you'll still stick to your point, so we should stop, hey that fantasy tournament with all the greatest teams ever, my home town 84 edmonton won, haha man i think the 84 edmonton did assemble the best team ever but that can be argued

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    hey that fantasy tournament with all the greatest teams ever, my home town 84 edmonton won, haha man i think the 84 edmonton did assemble the best team ever but that can be argued
    Yup that was pretty balance team too. Great Goalie, Great offensive lines, and decent defense lines.
    Flame on I am gone...

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    even with me, james and superkaratemonkey arguing against you to see the FULL truth, you'll still stick to your point, so we should stop, hey that fantasy tournament with all the greatest teams ever, my home town 84 edmonton won, haha man i think the 84 edmonton did assemble the best team ever but that can be argued
    wheres the fantasy turny? i really think the '84 oilers are arguably the greatest team of all time, so im not surprise they won.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

Hockey talks is in it again between Owners and Players... which is a good sign
    Flame on I am gone...

salary cap all the way, players gotta sacrifice some things to make everyone happy, no pain no gain

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    Hockey talks is in it again between Owners and Players... which is a good sign
    i heard they are back to square 1, which is a bad sign.
    my gut is telling me this wont be settle till december. hopefully im wrong tho.

I think there will be a season in the fall but would it be with the replacement players or the current players is what I am wondering. If the NHLPA doesn't come up with an agreement, I got a feeling that the NHL owners will get replacement players and eventually one by one the member of NHLPA will walk out of that organization (hey they need to make money right ) and probably break the NHLPA organization.
    Flame on I am gone...

Default To any Edmontonians....

I'm coming to Edmonton in 2 weeks. It's like my first trip there in my lifetime (even though I've spent 5 out of the last 6 years in Calgary, it's just my first trip to Edmonton).

Normally, I shouldn't post here, but it seems like a lot of you are from Edmonton. Anyway, what are some good places to visit? Other than the Mall, U of A, and Chinatown that is.

Oh James man, are you ever going to visit Calgary again?

james- i dont think replacement players will be used, theres just too much legal stuff to go through. like (from what i understand) the league have to make one final offer, the PA have to reject it, the league will then declare an impasse, then the NLRB will judge whether the league bargain in good faith, if it did then they are allowed to impose their own salary structure and hire any non nhlpa members. but there are many risk the league will run going down that road. for example, if the league are deemed to bargain in bad faith, they are forced to go back to negotiation w/ the PA or have the old CBA renewed. also replacement players are replacement workers and those are illegal in BC and Ont (so canucks and Mtl are out of the nhl temperarily), and replacement workers wont get working visa in the states and canada, so only canadian can play in canada and americans in USA (tryin to stock 24 teams with only american non nhlpa players will be tough). and all this is assuming fans will actually pay to watch replacement players. its alot of uncertainty and risk that can backfire on the owners, they are better off w/ the lockout IMO.

zhaozilong- u should definitly go check out the hockey rink (4got the name, damn the nhl lockout). the big metal door w/ the oiler logo is very impressive, u dont realize how big it is watching on tv. plus the gretzky statue is there too.

I visit edmonton quite a few times because it is closer of a drive from Saskatoon and I have some friends living and working up there. The place I work have an office there and we do a lot of stuff with the city.

I don't visit to calgary as often because well... I only know one person there and I think he is busy with his family stuff. But I have a better time in Calgary then in Edmonton maybe is the stuff I do hehe. I don't mind going to Calgary but usually I don't stay very long there.

Super - ya the implmentation for replacement players seems like a long shot but I am sure the process is being work out as we speak. As for filling the teams with players, there is quite a bit of players that have dual citizanship so I don't think that is the problem... just quality of the player might be in questions.
    Flame on I am gone...

i found out something interesting today in my law class
    apparently, the tort law in canada for assault state that the maximum compensation for the victim is $250,000 plus inflation from 1970. where as in america, there is no maximum. that could be the reason why the lawsuit between moore and bertuzzi is taking place in colorado, even though the incident happened in vancouver. also, moore's lawyer have to use a way to bring the case in to colorado jurisdiction, which is where the conspriracy theory comes in.
    not meant to bring up the moore/bertuzzi argument again, just more facts for everybody to chew on.