Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Hockey Team

lol ... damn, how come we only tied the Sabres? Buffalo sucks, no offense!
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Originally posted by James Ko
    My 2nd favorite teams is the Oilers

I wish it was back in the glorious days when they were the most feared team ever...
    Yeah, those were the good old days...... I love the 80s, we won the cup a couple of years in a row....we use to beat other teams, now we're getting our butt kick.
    where art thou prince? i want to wake up!

Originally posted by zzzbeauty
    Yeah, those were the good old days...... I love the 80s, we won the cup a couple of years in a row....we use to beat other teams, now we're getting our butt kick.
    Hehe well if you take the butt kicking literally Oilers do put a lot of body count on the ice so i think they are still doing that
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Lol.... well in that case we do kick other team butts physically. On the brighter side, we're one of the younger teams in the NHL and plus we have lots of good looking hockey players too. Lol...that definiately makes watching hockey more enjoyable.

Gee, you guys are fanatics, I only watch for the score

I never notice the guys' names nor do i see if they are 'hot' or not but half the time I can't tell the difference between teams, so you can tell how much I love hockey
    [size=1]~~ Smiles
    "The numerous the laws, the more corrupt the state" - Tacitus
    "If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. " - Julius Caesar
    "When the enemy advances, withdraw; when he stops, harass; when he tires, strike; when he retreats, pursue." - Mao
    "Laws can discover sin, but not remove it" - Plato
    "Law depends on its validity by having a penalty attached" - Jane Austen[/size]

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

im the biggest canucks fan ever, but if anybody is gonna bring lord stanley back to canada, its gonna be the senators, they are just way too good in every position.
    if bertuzzi can play like he did last yr, and if the leafs can ever stay healthy, vancouver and toronto have a shot too

did anybody see the allstar game roster?? how the hell did filip kuba, kimmo timonen, and dwaylne roloson made the team!?!?

I think NHL all star is getting boring... because I think coaches picks some of the players randomly so teams that doesn't have an all star status player get some credit in the all star game like promotion. (also got mad when the last I think great all stars didn't make it... like Ron Francis, Steve Yzerman, etc....)

Man the starting line up look sucky... I think All Star game goofed when they introduce North American Vs The World and then back... that is where you get all the less reconized names showing up as All Stars... it looks more and more like the world cup then the all star games.

That is my 2 cents and a penny comment.
    Flame on I am gone...

personally i like the NA verse World allstar format better then East vs West, because it seems like all the good players are from one conference (the West).
    i too think the allstar game is getting boring, players passes too much, and theres no emotion or intensity.
    i dont think francis or yzerman should be there though, they were great players, but not anymore. cant believe hedjuk didnt make it though, last yr's maurice richard trophy winner left out of the allstar game....sumthings not right.
    im much more interested in the skill competition though, mostly for the fastest skater and hardest shooter. i think kovalchuk will win the fastest skater and aucoin will win hardest shot

There's not much action in All star anything whether it's hockey or basketball. I enjoy watching it because all my fave hockey players are there under one roof.

Originally posted by zzzbeauty
    There's not much action in All star anything whether it's hockey or basketball. I enjoy watching it because all my fave hockey players are there under one roof.
    yea, i think a fight in the allstar game will draw much more interest to the game then 100 goals! lol
    but seriously, what r your picks for the skill competition??

Originally posted by superkaratemonkey
    yea, i think a fight in the allstar game will draw much more interest to the game then 100 goals! lol
    but seriously, what r your picks for the skill competition??
    but who will fight hehe... since there is no incentive to fight in a game that doesn't mean that much except to please the fan.

And most of the all star isn't known to be a fighting just cheap hackers and slasher. It wouldn't be a very good fight without the heavy weight
    Flame on I am gone...

i wouldnt mind watching bertuzzi drop the gloves with primeau, or geurin vs roenick. if bertuzzi gets beat up that'll really please the fans in minny.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

What's with you people with fighting in the allstars, I think a fight that would suspend the Americans in the World Cup would prove good to Canada. I live in Edmonton so don't diss my team, but they really do suck, they are a young team you can't blame them. I think the Canucks, Leafs and the Senators will go far.

The Senators got to stop slacking off when their on a roll.
    Toronto got to be more healthy, geez look at their injury list, it's like a all star game.
    And Canucks got to work more defensively and same too don't slack off.

yup Leafs, Sens, Nuts will go far but don't forget the Flames... they suprise a lot of people this year and I think they have a chance... and there is the Habs too Thibeult playing better and better each nite and we all know that to make it far in the playoff you need a hot goalie.

As for Oilers... I think they have lots of heart but if they keep losing developed talents they are not going to go far.
    Flame on I am gone...

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

I agree, if Calgary can get back on it's tracks like when they had kirpusoff playing for them they can kick *** in the playoffs as for the Habs i'm still not sure, the oilers must start winning like 5 back to back games or do something that didn't end up like the LA-oiler game. They need better game plans and be more consistent.

OMG, i'm still mad regarding the LA- Oiler game.

We were suppose to win that game!!!!!

I almost threw something at the tv during the last minute in the game.

Do you live in Edmonton, if you do so do i. I really got mad when LA scored that last goal, we were suppose to win, that was so messed up. I think LA cheated. lol

Get out, me too!!! Aren't you glad we're not experiencing the
    -30degrees anymore. Great minds think alike eh, i think the Kings cheated as well.

Seriously, I think we need a coach with experience, like Pat Burns or Mike Keenan.

isnt Mtl goalie theodore??
    wow, did u edmontonian went to the outdoor game?? i was plannin to go but it was way too expensive to fly there, i found a package for 2 nites of hotel + game tix + plane tix it was around $600USD!!
    heard edmonton is about to trade more veteran players (smyth, smith, salo), dats too bad, they are just tryin to stay alive till the next cba is sign.
    did anybody see the hossa injury?? the puck shattered his visor!!

I hope NYR fires Glen Sather so Edmonton can get him back, he's the one that gave us the 5 cups. Hey, zzzbeauty are you still in school, cause i am, if you do i wonder where do you go? And no I didn't go to the outdoor game I could of but I rather watch it at home it's too cold, I saw all the trophies instead of going to the game and I watched it at city hall, the momentum was basically the same anyways.