Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Xiao Feng vs Yang Guo

I would think that the Iron Sword is a very easy to learn martial arts. The theory is simply over power your opponent, and XF is used to doing that. XF is a martial arts genius after all, so I don't think that it will be much difficult for him to learn it.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

he would be able to learn it and perhaps even better then YG, (just my opinion), he is of course like super said a genius when it comes to Martial arts. would he use it, that is a differnt question, he is use to beating the tar out of people using his bare hands.
    JUST HERE TO ANNOY!!!!

My gut feeling is also telling me that if XF were to learn DGQB's heavy iron sword technique, he'll be a much much better fighter (isn't he already ?). The style will definitely fit his character the most by those straight in your face heavy hitting moves.

I really think XF will perform the heavy iron sword better than YG.
    Last edited by Temujin; 03-20-04 at 02:59 AM.

He's the type of guy that uses straightforward attacks with overpowering strength... so technically, he's already using the theory of the Heavy Sword attacks right?

Yes. Xiao Feng has reached the stage of overcoming the iron sword without the iron sword.....

Anyway, it wouldn't be Xiao Feng if he wasn't barehanded.
    Last edited by CC; 03-20-04 at 11:07 AM.

Originally posted by superboy
    Well, how many first rate fighters have he got a chance to battle other than people at XF's level.
    With the recent link, I just noticed this.

He had a chance to fight Ding Chunqiu (losing), Duan Yanqing (losing), was clearly inferior to Jiu Mozhi, couldn't dent Xu Zhu if he wanted to, was beaten by Duan Yu, -would've- been beaten by Duan Zhengming (who was, after all, better than Yanqing)...in fact, the only 'good' fighter who he was able to beat was Duan Zhengchun, who was clearly of a level lower than Yanqing...and even then, he might not have been able to were it not for the panic in which Zhengchun was in to save his son.

Default HA!

See, earlier in another thread I said XF was stronger than YG, and it seems like a lot of you guys agree.
    GJ with YG unresolvable??? HOW? GJ (50 years old that is) wins obviously. Stronger internal (though not a lot). Equal palm techniques. But GJ has R and L technique while YG has only one arm. Now, obviously YG>GJ (30) and YG probably around equal to GJ (40).
    Back to YG and XF. YG loses, but again 1000 techniques since the two fighter insticnts are surperb. YG might have stronger internal (though not a lot), but loses because of lack of right hand.

Post Nah...let me try compare

Lol..u guys sure dont lyk YG alot...anyways let me sae a thing..
    Yang Guo have one special thing he can outwin everyone..

Yan Guo is a superb learner in martial arts as comparing his age with the rest of the Kung Fu masters such XF or JLFW or GJ...u may conclude that he is weaker..with the right hand he lost..u would stressed more the fact he is in great disadvantage..but in fact he is one of the strongest in the group u are discussing with...

Firstly he had learnt martial arts from Gumu at a very young agewhich was considered the best in those years in the novel ROCH....his qing gong was one of the best as gumu sect is one of the most renowned sect in qing gong..Secondly YG learnt from those best masters before though it was a short time(Hong qi gong, Ou yang feng, Wang chong yang(jiu yin))..this is just small portians..he too learnt the dog beating stick from Huang Rong..whereas XF only learnt Dragon Palms and Dog beating martial arts...these skills are normal master skills which can only draw with Divine Flicking Finger,etc..

ONe thing to stress is YG lerant from the top master of the Martial arts world...Du GU QIu Bai...he was expalined in some of the novels of Jin Yong stating that he was the best because he had wanted ppl to win him as he was probably too strong..YG learnt Nei Gong from the Divine Bird of DGQB...and ate rare snake pills...these things boost his internal energy a lot in a very short time..his internal energy was even better than GJ and same as JLFW after the 16 miserable years..his palm was one of the best skills in the martial arts compared to DGQB...its even better than Dragon palms..XF is no match with him...maybe he is similar in level with GJ but if YG could use his sad palms...it would be so destructive even JLFA would have lost in 5 techniques..(though JLFA mastered the lamaist best Kung Fu)...

Give me some opinions thanx!!
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

It's difficult 2 find 1 non-YG-hater in dis forum. Possible but difficult. Allow me 2 state my 2 cents worth and pardon me 4 any mistakes yah..
    Being neutral i would say tt all those stuff YG learnt does not really assist him in his journey in SDXL, with exceptions 2 de time he attacked ppl with his HMG and intimidated LMC with HYS skills and other various instances.
    But did he used dem 2 fight?
    No! Comrades, a thousand times, no! (adapted from Animal Farm)
    He used de excuse of not having time 2 use these skills. But actually he didn't bother. Quite complacent, I must say when he thinks HEY! WHY BOTHER THESE SKILLS?
    If you wan 2 contradict me Go ahead but notice the HIS skill he learnt from DGQB, he forsaked it after tt thinking his Melancholic Strikes are far more almighty den it. Given his intelligence, he could be de strongest but his complacency resulted in his downfall. He could have defeated GWM easily be4 resorting 2 thinking negative and using those Melancholic Palms. Almost cost his life!
    However, his intelligence is worth complimenting. He created the Melancholic Strikes in de 16 years. Quite cool but he is always lyk Cong Ming Fan Bei Cong Ming Wu which I guess why so many ppl out there dislikes YG. I am quite stunned by his newfound, or rather newly-created, skills in de sense tt he managed 2 defeat GWM wif them. It should be stronger den XL18Z cos GJ is on par wif GWM and he defeated GWM while not too much stances took place.
    Hoping 2 be enlightened by some martial arts expert, tt YG > GWM and HYS < GWM (as mentioned by GWM "I could defeat these ppl 1 on 1, but of cos not 3 on 1") how come YG = HYS?

Default ....

I'm seriously not being biased. I'm doing this one a perfectly fair scale. You overrated YG slightly too much there. YG's palm strike is no doubt stronger when GJ was at his age or prob even 40. But there's no way YG is stronger against a 50 something GJ. As strong as YG is, he is by far best at par with GJ, which I doubt with 99.9%. The only reason why I rated YG lower than GJ was because of the difference in internal. Palm technique wise, sad = dragon. But GJ>YG in internal.
    True YG did learn a lot, but he didn't trully master any. He probably could make good use of some of them because of his massive internal, but technique wise, I don't think he mastered a lot.
    And you saying YG better than GJ and JLFW internally ain't really right. And you said YG's palm whooped JLFW. But wasn't JLFW in a positional disadvantage? So that's not really fair. The two actually never had a fair fight to see who really is stronger. JLFW was in air disadvatage. While YG had to protect GX and therefore had disadvantage. One on one with no disruptions on the ground, it will be a huge clash of the titans with me not knowing who would win.
    XF...., well, I did mention the fact that he has better instincts than YG. XF and YG to me are virtually equal. Internally and externally. YG may beat XF slightly in internal, if not par. Externally, Dragon = Sad palm. The only thing distinguishing them? Instinct! and that missing arm. That's why I said over 1000 stances and a gory battle Be honest, if YG really got into a big fight, I believe he would only use Sad Palm or Demonic, not DZST or Dog beating stick.

you prolly..right though YG did not master much...he was more on the side of enjoying life with XLN then go practise his martial arts lol...JLFW was in air when YG struck him with the first sad palm stance...but after that they reagined back to normal fight..and 1 more thing is YG could have defeated JLFW without using sad palms if he neednt protect GX...JY stated JLFW knew he would be defeated in 300 stances..

GJ was no match to JLFW as in the beggining few chapters of ROCH...GJ used Dragon Palms against JLFW..but JLFW nuetralised it...later when JLFW finished the Elephant and Dragon...something palm...GJ was no match to his monstrous strength..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

Default another thing

you have to keep in mind that GJ you are talking about is 40 something. The one that I say surpassed YG is the 50 something. I did mention that YG could possibly surpass GJ (40).
    NOT USING SAD PALM??? Use what? Demonic power not mastered to highest level didn't work when his sword broke twice. Demonic to highest level mean no sword beats sword. And YG did have sword, so obviously, he didn't master it to highest level.
    I don't remember reading the 300 stance part, but it possibly was there. As far as I know, YG was barely matching JLFW's palm.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_Long_nu
    GJ was no match to JLFW as in the beggining few chapters of ROCH...GJ used Dragon Palms against JLFW..but JLFW nuetralised it...later when JLFW finished the Elephant and Dragon...something palm...GJ was no match to his monstrous strength..
    How do you figure? In their first confrontation at Luk Family Manor in Dai Sing Kwan, Gwok Jing and the Golden Wheel Monk exchanged a palm strike. The net result: Gwok Jing completely unhurt while the Golden Wheel Monk, though not seriously injured, felt great pain in his chest (and strained to put up a strong front in the presence of all those warriors in attendance).

In their second and last fight, the Golden Wheel Monk plus three other martial arts experts combined were unable to subdue Gwok Jing, and only gained the upper hand after Yeung Gor interfered with the battle and distracted Gwok Jing. Sure doesn't seem like the Golden Wheel Monk had any edge over Gwok Jing during ROCH.

Default OH Yeah

That's right, I forgot that part. When GJ at 40 something, he did seeing dragon in the field and JLFW was aching internally. Second time, GJ did Flying Dragon at Sky and again JLFW was aching.

XLN they are right GWM and GJ were said to be seperated by the slightest margins in terms of martials arts. But I would like to point out that GWM felt pain in his chest due to his own stubborness. Gj was forced back a few steps in the first clash, and flipped backwards on his second. GWM would not have felt pain if he stepped backward to break the force, but he wanted to appear superior so he held his ground. It worked because the QZ elders were all surpised because they new Gj was very powerful but inside GWM felt pain in his chest.

16+ years after their last encounter at the mongo camp I would not be surprised if GJ spanked GWM badly, after seeing YG going on par with GWM despite being unarmed and using a weakened sad palm. Thats no shot at GWM he's an obvious genius in both martial and literary arts but his up aginst stiff competition.
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 10-10-05 at 02:21 AM.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    XLN they are right GWM and GJ were said to be seperated by the slightest margins in terms of martials arts.
    Specifically, I believe Jin Yong said that no battle between Gwok Jing and the Golden Wheel Monk could be resolved in fewer than 1000 exchanges. The Golden Wheel Monk held a slight advantage in terms of inner power and raw physical strength, but Gwok Jing held a significant advantage in fighting technique.

It's more like this: -
    郭靖人在半空,無從借力,順著對方掌勢翻了半個觔斗,向後落下。金輪法王卻穩站原地,身不幌,腳不移,居然 行若無事。郝大通、孫不二、點蒼漁隱等素知郭靖武功,見後無不駭異,心想這番僧的功夫實是深不可測。其實郭 靖向後退讓,自然而然的消解敵人掌力,乃是武學正道。金輪法王給楊過一搗亂,攪得臉上無光,硬要爭回顏面而 實接郭靖掌力,卻是大耗內力真氣,雖似佔了上風,內裏卻是吃虧。二人均是並世雄傑,數十招內決難分判高下, 金輪法王勉強在一招中先佔地步,胸口又不免隱隱生疼,好在對方只求救人,並不繼續進招,於是口唇緊閉,暗運 內力,打通胸口所凝住的一股滯氣。
    Guo Jing was in midair and was unable to find anything for support; he borrowed the opponent’s force to turn a half-somersault, landing backwards. Yet, Jinlun Fawang stood firmly in his previous place, his body did not stumble and his feet did not budge, it was as if nothing had happened. Hao Datong, Sun Bu’er, Diancang Yuyin and the others were well aware of Guo Jing’s martial arts, after witnessing such an event all were shocked. Amazed of how unfathomable the foreign monk’s kung fu truly was.
    In reality, Guo Jing had been following the orthodox rules of martial arts by retreating backwards, naturally dispersing the enemy’s palm force. After all the trouble that Yang Guo had put on him, Jinlun Fawang had lost colour in his face. He was determined to win back his honour and so firmly took on Guo Jing’s palm. But in this way he had consumed a lot of qi from his internal force, although it seemed like he was holding the upper hand, he actually worsened himself internally.

The Golden Wheel Monk held a slight advantage in terms of inner power and raw physical strength, but Gwok Jing held a significant advantage in fighting technique
    Gj was superior in terms of palm technique but GWM held more then just a slight advantage over GJ in terms of strenth. It was stated that GWM was much stronger in terms of strength physical strength when compared to GJ.
    他本力远较郭靖为大

The part where I got GWM was seperated by GJ by the slightest margins was stated in novel...but I dont remember where exactly. I think it might be after GJ split GWM's bow, or during their spar in the mongo camp. The worlds used to show the diffrence in GWM and GJ's skill were "hair and breathes apart" IIRC.
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 10-10-05 at 02:47 AM.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    Gj was superior in terms of palm technique but GWM held more then just a slight advantage over GJ in terms of strenth. It was stated that GWM was much stronger in terms of strength physical strength when compared to GJ.
    他本力远较郭靖为大

The part where I got GWM was seperated by GJ by the slightest margins was stated in novel...but I dont remember where exactly. I think it might be after GJ split GWM's bow, or during their spar in the mongo camp. The worlds used to show the diffrence in GWM and GJ's skill were "hair and breathes apart" IIRC.

such a long discussion...ok..iagree wif wad u guys said...but JLFW drawed wif GJ in the the chapter u guys translated but after he practised hard for 16years and especialli JLFW lyks martial arts...he practised wif all his efforts and so succeded in achieveing the tenth lvl of the dragon elephant palm...at that time, he was even stronger than ZHou Bo tong,same lvl as Yi deng..but neither zhou bo tong nor yi deng could defeat him in martial arts plainly...and of course GJ was not as powerful as these two wulin masters both in nei gong and skills..Yang Guo in the final battle in the beginning though stated he was also impressed wif JLFW supernatural strength fought power to power unlike zhou bo tong who was afraid of the immence strength of JLFW used the vacant blows so he would not hit hard wif JLFW...and the part i said earlier that in 300 stances JLFW thought to himself he would lose cheated by attacking Guo Xiang instead...Yang Guo because of these disadvantage was attacked non stop by JLFW monstrous strength..he then used the sad palms which was affected by his mood...JLFW unexpected got hit..but he regained his posture after being hit and tried to attack YG..but YG used the sad palms and sought of defeated him in just 4 stance of sad palms..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris
    It's difficult 2 find 1 non-YG-hater in dis forum. Possible but difficult. Allow me 2 state my 2 cents worth and pardon me 4 any mistakes yah..
    Being neutral i would say tt all those stuff YG learnt does not really assist him in his journey in SDXL, with exceptions 2 de time he attacked ppl with his HMG and intimidated LMC with HYS skills and other various instances.
    But did he used dem 2 fight?
    No! Comrades, a thousand times, no! (adapted from Animal Farm)
    He used de excuse of not having time 2 use these skills. But actually he didn't bother. Quite complacent, I must say when he thinks HEY! WHY BOTHER THESE SKILLS?
    If you wan 2 contradict me Go ahead but notice the HIS skill he learnt from DGQB, he forsaked it after tt thinking his Melancholic Strikes are far more almighty den it. Given his intelligence, he could be de strongest but his complacency resulted in his downfall. He could have defeated GWM easily be4 resorting 2 thinking negative and using those Melancholic Palms. Almost cost his life!
    However, his intelligence is worth complimenting. He created the Melancholic Strikes in de 16 years. Quite cool but he is always lyk Cong Ming Fan Bei Cong Ming Wu which I guess why so many ppl out there dislikes YG. I am quite stunned by his newfound, or rather newly-created, skills in de sense tt he managed 2 defeat GWM wif them. It should be stronger den XL18Z cos GJ is on par wif GWM and he defeated GWM while not too much stances took place.
    Hoping 2 be enlightened by some martial arts expert, tt YG > GWM and HYS < GWM (as mentioned by GWM "I could defeat these ppl 1 on 1, but of cos not 3 on 1") how come YG = HYS?

cool opinions...i guess i have to agree wif u lolz...anyway YG seldom become these arrogant...GJ is strong too because of his hardworking character towards martial arts unlyk YG who hack care everything...if he had GJ's attitude even 3 on 1 he could defeat them lol...
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许