Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advance Internal Energy Cultivation 9 Yin, Yang, YJJ, etc?

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Originally posted by TaiHan
    Another example would Xiao Wu Xiang Gong trained by JMZ. This is a very advance inner power of Xiao Yao. And he definitely have alot of years training in this. but his power is only around XF, MRB and XYS. and maybe lower.

by the way how old is JMZ? So I can get a better idea

I've always want to discuss JMZ using XWXG. During his fight vs XZ, XZ at once recognized JMZ using XWXG (as internal energy) although JMZ superficially practiced Shaolin techniques. The Shaolin monks didn't recognize JMZ using XWXG.

So far I know JMZ first learn Tibetan (?) Kung Fu at a high level and after he met MRB he learned Shaolin techniques (and probably XWXG? This was never explained in the novel so far I remember).

Now, what I always find astonishing is, that JMZ could use XWXG (a 'foreign' type of internal energy to JMZ) with the Shaolin techniques. 'Normally', that is, in all wuxia novels I've read, a person cannot 'hide' his 'native' internal energy source (in the case of JMZ this is his Tibetan form of internal energy). Although someone uses other techniques superficially, he would practice them through/using his 'native internal energy'.

To compare it with foreign language learning:
    The 'native internal energy' of someone is, I think, like his native tongue, he could learn/add other languages, but something of the native tongue is always prevalent there and put 'a distinctive mark' on the other foreign languages he learned.

Huang Rong never paid much attention to kung fu. I mean, yea sure, she was a little more into it after LOCH, but would rather go imporve her other skills...and Guo FU taking up too much of her time.
    Yeah It seems like that, In ROCH she always used her speciality Dog Beating Staff in the battle (except when she fight with LMC)
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    I've always had a pet theory on why Wong Yung never mastered the 9 Yum Jen Ging like her husband Gwok Jing did, and it relates to her personal history.

We know that Gwok Jing definitely dedicated himself to mastering the 9 Yum Jen Ging during the thirteen years between the end of LEGEND OF THE CONDOR HEROES and the beginning of the RETURN OF THE CONDOR HEROES. Jin Yong didn't specify, however, that Wong Yung dedicated herself in the same way. I believe Wong Yung took a few skills that she found particularly useful (i.e. Yee Wan Dai Fat, some of the Yik Gun Deun Gwut Peen for healing and inner power generation, etc.) and had a passive knowledge of the rest of the manual, without dedicating any effort towards learning it. There are three reasons for this:

1. She became a wife and mother. In traditional Chinese societies, this entails certain duties that preclude complete dedication to martial arts training (especially what would be necessary to master a sophisticated martial arts system like the 9 Yum Jen Ging).

2. She was the Chief of the Beggar's Union, a very important and busy role in the martial world (with 300,000 members scattered throughout China, the Beggar's Union must have been an administrative nightmare).

3. This is the most important reason: the 9 Yum Jen Ging caused Wong Yung's family much suffering. Her mother died because of it. All of her father's students were crippled and banished from Peach Blossom Island because of it. She was separated from Gwok Jing and taken hostage by West Poison Au Yeung Fung for nearly a year because of it. For these reasons, Wong Yung probably didn't have much positive sentiment towards the 9 Yum Jen Ging. Ultimately, this might be the reason why she chose not to dedicate herself to mastering it. Jin Yong never said as much, but it's always been a pet theory of mine.
    Also, Huang Rong didn't need to depend on martial arts. She had brains and a whole lot of it at that. All Guo Jing had was martial arts.

well, actually, i thought HR never really bothered with the Beggar Clan that much...most of the busy bussiness was done by Lu You Jiao. But in anycase, HR never showed THAT much interest in kung fu. Perhaps it was because she had been exposed to too much high class stuff (from her dad) that she never bothers to treasure it.

her not learning 9 yin due to family family tragedy sounds pretty interesting...but she never seemed that sentimental too me...

Now, what I always find astonishing is, that JMZ could use XWXG (a 'foreign' type of internal energy to JMZ) with the Shaolin techniques. 'Normally', that is, in all wuxia novels I've read, a person cannot 'hide' his 'native' internal energy source (in the case of JMZ this is his Tibetan form of internal energy).
    i always thought itz usually pretty hard to determine a person's internal energy type, esp if you are not in combat with him. Plus, Da Mo was a foreign monk, wasn't he?
    Last edited by philip; 01-22-04 at 11:19 PM.

Originally posted by Du Gu seeking a win

I've always want to discuss JMZ using XWXG. During his fight vs XZ, XZ at once recognized JMZ using XWXG (as internal energy) although JMZ superficially practiced Shaolin techniques. The Shaolin monks didn't recognize JMZ using XWXG.

So far I know JMZ first learn Tibetan (?) Kung Fu at a high level and after he met MRB he learned Shaolin techniques (and probably XWXG? This was never explained in the novel so far I remember).

Now, what I always find astonishing is, that JMZ could use XWXG (a 'foreign' type of internal energy to JMZ) with the Shaolin techniques. 'Normally', that is, in all wuxia novels I've read, a person cannot 'hide' his 'native' internal energy source (in the case of JMZ this is his Tibetan form of internal energy). Although someone uses other techniques superficially, he would practice them through/using his 'native internal energy'.

To compare it with foreign language learning:
    The 'native internal energy' of someone is, I think, like his native tongue, he could learn/add other languages, but something of the native tongue is always prevalent there and put 'a distinctive mark' on the other foreign languages he learned.
    I'm not sure about this, so don't cream me if I say something wrong.

I think there is a possibility, that he never trained the Tibetan internal energy. Because there is a problem of combining buddhist and taoist energy together. When JMZ was trying practice YJJ, he couldn't master and almost kill himself. I not saying it is impossible but JMZ couldn't do it. But I am assuming that the Tibetan internal energy is similar to buddhist energy of the central plain, which could be wrong.

Also trying to figure out someone based internal energy is pretty hard. Like when GJ used his 9 Yin energy to power his HL18Z, is it possible to tell the different from H7G's HL18Z?
    Last edited by TaiHan; 01-23-04 at 12:50 PM.

I think JMZ can't practice YJJ because you need to be a person with special quality to learn it right?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by TaiHan
    Also trying to figure out someone based internal energy is pretty hard. Like when GJ used his 9 Yin energy to power his HL18Z, is it possible to tell the different from H7G's HL18Z?
    Actually, it is. Because Gwok Jing's Hong Lung 18 Palms was powered by the 9 Yum Jen Ging's energy, his Hong Lung 18 Palms were much more efficient than Hung 7 Gung's. Gwok Jing was able to sustain a high level of power longer through the palms than Hung 7 Gung could. Moreover, whereas each Hong Lung 18 Palms strike by Hung 7 Gung utilized his full power, Gwok Jing was able to gradually increase the flow of energy as needed, conserving his energy.

I never really get the graudual thingy of GJ's palms.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    I think JMZ can't practice YJJ because you need to be a person with special quality to learn it right?
    The DGSD YJJ needed to be learn sub-consciously or unwittingly.

Originally posted by CC
    The DGSD YJJ needed to be learn sub-consciously or unwittingly.
    Not so much unwitting or subconciously, I'd say, as needing to be learned without a true desire; not for selfish purposes.

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    Not so much unwitting or subconciously, I'd say, as needing to be learned without a true desire; not for selfish purposes.

So far I can remember (from the book) one can not learn YJJ 'with evil purposes in mind' such as wanting to use it for killing purposes. Albeit one can not learn it (safely) without the 'correct' spiritual state of mind. Without the correct spiritual 'guidance', YJJ would 'backfire' and 'consume' the learner. I believe something like that is what the sweeper monk (or JY) wants to say.

But YTZ managed to learn YJJ, although he definitely had an evil intention to take a revenge on XF. Any explanation?
    Guo Jing > Yang Guo. Book it, you morons!

he couldn't use it for evil deeds because when he learned it...he didn't even know it was YJJ....and i think he was in pain/poison then time he was learning it, so he needed it

YTZ practiced it for like 6 months, and so how is it that he can still learn YJJ. I believe he really wanted to get revenge that time.

i think once you know it...you know it...something like that maybe?

YTZ's power from YJJ sure looks more superior than the one of SOD.

how could you tell the power from SOD??
    plus, YTZ got the whole ice worm thingy too

Well, he mastered like 65%, so I think if he finished the whole thing without the ice poison, he probably won't be less than XF's energy.

Banned

I think Shi PoTian's Ode to Gallery inner energy is still the best. After mastering the inner energy of the Ode To Gallery martial arts, Shi PoTian should have around the same inner energy as Xu Zhu......... am I right on this?

Oh and, I think Yi Jing Jing is the second best in terms of inner power, right after Ode to Gallery. After practicing it for just a couple of months, a horrible fighter like You Tan Zhi with almost no skills and zero combat experience could make beasts like Xiao Feng feel uncomfortable in a fight. In fact, if You Tanzhi wasn't so stupid, it is very likely he could have held his own against Xiao Feng in that fight.

I think YJJ is a more precious internal energy manual than 9 yang, or 9 yin. I think it is second only to the Ode to Gallery martial arts inner energy.

I think JY couldn't figure out what the hell was the bloody requirement with YJJ as well, so he changed it to Yoga in 3rd Edition.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!