Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advance Internal Energy Cultivation 9 Yin, Yang, YJJ, etc?

Default Advance Internal Energy Cultivation 9 Yin, Yang, YJJ, etc?

I have been thinking about the advance Internal Energy Cultivation, Does it truly promise great power?

Most people probably think that thing such ase the 9 Yin, 9 Yang, and YJJ helped fighter like ZWJ, GJ, and YTZ to gain incredible power. Like those who could just get a hand on these internal energy cultivation, their power would just become unbeatable.

For 9 Yin, I think only GJ and HR trained this type of power. But HR's inner energy is incomparable to GJ. The rate at which she increase is much more lower than GJ. GJ took only about 13 year of cultivation and could be said past the greats in term of internal power.

For 9 Yang, it would be ZWJ and JY and maybe Z3F but he didn't learn the complete 9 Yang, so I will leave him out of this. When people saw ZWJ power from training the 9 Yang. People actually think that it is actually greater than the 9 Yin. If it wasn't for the bag, where ZWJ got trap in his power would not reach the level of the great with just 5 years of training. While JY took much more years of training(don't know how much) to achieve the same level. Actually not really bad. If ZWJ was to train it correctly, he would only grow at the rate of JY or maybe faster.

For YJJ, only YTZ, JMZ, LHC, and the shaolin abbot during SOD have practiced this technique. JMZ due to his other internal power conflicted, wasn't capable of mastering this technique, so I will leave him out of it also. When comparing YTZ, LHC, and the abbot, YTZ is far beyond these people. But if it wasn't for the poison energy inside of him combined with the YJJ, his power would never grew to the level of XF within a year. As much I hate to say this, he does have talent(or luck) in combining two opposite energy together. While LHC and the abbot with only YJJ, barely got anywhere.

It seem that these great power really depend on the types of people training it.

I don't think it promise, but it will definitely make you improve faster. As much as YTZ has his poison, I don't think that it helps his internal energy that much. XF has problems muching palm with him because of the coldness, but even without the coldness he still have as much energy with mastering maybe only 65% of YJJ. YJJ in SOD is a joke compare to the one of YTZ.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Do you guys think that YTZ would have caught up with XZ in internal power? How long do you think it would have taken?

Do you guys think that YTZ would have caught up with XZ in internal power? How long do you think it would have taken?

Um.....I don't think any characters in DGSD can catch up to XuZhu's inner power, unless they know the skill that DY knows.

With out that......its pretty much impossible.

I still don't understand what it means when you mastered YJJ. So does that mean your internal energy won't improve from the art if you mastered 100%?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    I don't think it promise, but it will definitely make you improve faster. As much as YTZ has his poison, I don't think that it helps his internal energy that much. XF has problems muching palm with him because of the coldness, but even without the coldness he still have as much energy with mastering maybe only 65% of YJJ. YJJ in SOD is a joke compare to the one of YTZ.
    from CC translation
    His body contained the cold poison of the ice silkworm as well as the elite teachings of the Yi Jin Jing. Combining the powers of both orthodox and unorthodox, his power was immense
    It said that the two combined give large amount of power. It wasn't just the coldness.

and the YJJ in SOD is the same as the one in DGSD, just that the practicers are really weak. If it was another person, it should be at the level of 9Yin, 9Yang or even greater.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 01-21-04 at 07:45 PM.

I don't think the one in SOD is the same one. The power is greatly decreased, and you don't need a specific quality to learn it.

Originally posted by QF

Um.....I don't think any characters in DGSD can catch up to XuZhu's inner power, unless they know the skill that DY knows.

With out that......its pretty much impossible.
    I don't know... He came close to Xiao Feng inside of a year.

Originally posted by superboy
    I don't think the one in SOD is the same one. The power is greatly decreased, and you don't need a specific quality to learn it.
    well, I believe advance techniques and internal cultivate in the hands of a weakling, won't get anywhere. One of my example above was HR. That also goes the same for people in SOD.

It's not like the DGSD really had a quality required to learn it. It just so happens that JMZ's martial arts were incompatible than anything (unless you believe that YTZ had a buddhist heart *lafs)

For 9 Yin, I think only GJ and HR trained this type of power. But HR's inner energy is incomparable to GJ. The rate at which she increase is much more lower than GJ.
    Does in the book HR ever used 9 Yin tech in a fight? If I'm not forgotten, she never used it. So I think HR never really train 9 Yin to maximum level.
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

I remember she did (not to sure, I'll go and check if I can find it). But what I talking about is internal cultivation not the technique in the book. But I am for sure that she used one of the technique in the 9 Yin once in LOCH against a beggar.

Another example would Xiao Wu Xiang Gong trained by JMZ. This is a very advance inner power of Xiao Yao. And he definitely have alot of years training in this. but his power is only around XF, MRB and XYS. and maybe lower.

by the way how old is JMZ? So I can get a better idea

Originally posted by TaiHan
    But I am for sure that she used one of the technique in the 9 Yin once in LOCH against a beggar.
    It was the Yee Wun Dai Fat hypnotic technique.
    Yo momma cat

Should be in his 40's.
    Yo momma cat

KMJ's internal energy was Great with his Xiao Wu Xiang Gong. XYS and MYB is significantly older than him, and XF is just one of a kind.

Huang Rong never paid much attention to kung fu. I mean, yea sure, she was a little more into it after LOCH, but would rather go imporve her other skills...and Guo FU taking up too much of her time.

I think the type of kung fu really makes a difference on the person.

I've always had a pet theory on why Wong Yung never mastered the 9 Yum Jen Ging like her husband Gwok Jing did, and it relates to her personal history.

We know that Gwok Jing definitely dedicated himself to mastering the 9 Yum Jen Ging during the thirteen years between the end of LEGEND OF THE CONDOR HEROES and the beginning of the RETURN OF THE CONDOR HEROES. Jin Yong didn't specify, however, that Wong Yung dedicated herself in the same way. I believe Wong Yung took a few skills that she found particularly useful (i.e. Yee Wan Dai Fat, some of the Yik Gun Deun Gwut Peen for healing and inner power generation, etc.) and had a passive knowledge of the rest of the manual, without dedicating any effort towards learning it. There are three reasons for this:

1. She became a wife and mother. In traditional Chinese societies, this entails certain duties that preclude complete dedication to martial arts training (especially what would be necessary to master a sophisticated martial arts system like the 9 Yum Jen Ging).

2. She was the Chief of the Beggar's Union, a very important and busy role in the martial world (with 300,000 members scattered throughout China, the Beggar's Union must have been an administrative nightmare).

3. This is the most important reason: the 9 Yum Jen Ging caused Wong Yung's family much suffering. Her mother died because of it. All of her father's students were crippled and banished from Peach Blossom Island because of it. She was separated from Gwok Jing and taken hostage by West Poison Au Yeung Fung for nearly a year because of it. For these reasons, Wong Yung probably didn't have much positive sentiment towards the 9 Yum Jen Ging. Ultimately, this might be the reason why she chose not to dedicate herself to mastering it. Jin Yong never said as much, but it's always been a pet theory of mine.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    I've always had a pet theory on why Wong Yung never mastered the 9 Yum Jen Ging like her husband Gwok Jing did, and it relates to her personal history.

We know that Gwok Jing definitely dedicated himself to mastering the 9 Yum Jen Ging during the thirteen years between the end of LEGEND OF THE CONDOR HEROES and the beginning of the RETURN OF THE CONDOR HEROES. Jin Yong didn't specify, however, that Wong Yung dedicated herself in the same way. I believe Wong Yung took a few skills that she found particularly useful (i.e. Yee Wan Dai Fat, some of the Yik Gun Deun Gwut Peen for healing and inner power generation, etc.) and had a passive knowledge of the rest of the manual, without dedicating any effort towards learning it. There are three reasons for this:

1. She became a wife and mother. In traditional Chinese societies, this entails certain duties that preclude complete dedication to martial arts training (especially what would be necessary to master a sophisticated martial arts system like the 9 Yum Jen Ging).

2. She was the Chief of the Beggar's Union, a very important and busy role in the martial world (with 300,000 members scattered throughout China, the Beggar's Union must have been an administrative nightmare).

3. This is the most important reason: the 9 Yum Jen Ging caused Wong Yung's family much suffering. Her mother died because of it. All of her father's students were crippled and banished from Peach Blossom Island because of it. She was separated from Gwok Jing and taken hostage by West Poison Au Yeung Fung for nearly a year because of it. For these reasons, Wong Yung probably didn't have much positive sentiment towards the 9 Yum Jen Ging. Ultimately, this might be the reason why she chose not to dedicate herself to mastering it. Jin Yong never said as much, but it's always been a pet theory of mine.
    I'll agree with 1 and 2. But HR doesn't seem like the sort that would put that much on useless sentiment, so I don't think 3 played a big factor.

Another example would Xiao Wu Xiang Gong trained by JMZ. This is a very advance inner power of Xiao Yao. And he definitely have alot of years training in this. but his power is only around XF, MRB and XYS. and maybe lower.

ONLY around XF, MRB and XYS? Thats about the 3 most powerful buggers in the world at that time. With XWXG powering him, he could fuel all 72 Shaolin arts, thats pretty incredible.