Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: The fates of East Heretic Wong Yerk See's crippled students

  1. #1
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,369

    Default The fates of East Heretic Wong Yerk See's crippled students

    The fates of East Heretic Wong Yerk See's students Luk Sing Fung, Kuk Ling Fung, Mo Min Fung, and Fung Mak Fung leaves a few unanswered questions, especially since they were all crippled by their teacher.

    1. How did they get off Peach Blossom Island? The crippled students were unable to walk. How were they able to procure transportation to get off the island?

    2. Luk Sing Fung eventually became a wealthy and powerful leader of an anti-Jin (and later, anti-Mongol) force in TaiWu. Kuk Ling Fung owned his own inn in Ox Village, where he was a neighbor of Yeung Teet Sum and Gwok Siu Teen. These activities, especially those of Luk Sing Fung's, require money. How did Luk and Kuk get this money? I'm sure Wong Yerk See didn't provide them with a stipend before banishing them, and with their legs crippled, they were in no position to steal it or hire themselves out as mercenary fighters for it. This is especially perplexing in the case of Luk Sing Fung, who had a son and must have therefore have had a wife. What woman would marry a crippled man in those days unless he was wealthy?

    3. Whatever happened to Mo Min Fung? We know he died like the rest of his former martial brothers, but under what circumstances? What did he accomplish before he died?

    4. Why did these four students of Wong Yerk See not stay together after being banished from the island? Given that they were all crippled, their chances of survival would probably be higher if they stayed together than if they went their separate ways. And again, how did four crippled men get so far geographically separated from each other?
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 01-23-04 at 01:37 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Son of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    S'pore, Yishun
    Posts
    1,004

    Talking I think...

    1: Since HYS drove them away, he provided the transport.
    2: God(IE. JY) give them money.
    3: This I don't know
    4: They tried to build a Tower to reach heaven, so God broke them up.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

  3. #3
    Senior Member rabadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Just my humble theory for number 2: Brother Luk probably went to the Big Lake (TaiWu), met the lake pirates over there, and defeated their leader, and become one (pirate leader) himself. Slowly he gathered more and more followers, built his mansion, and direct his men to form an anti-Jin/Mongol group.
    Guo Jing > Yang Guo. Book it, you morons!

  4. #4
    Member Raden Wijaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Majapahit Kingdom
    Posts
    169

    Default

    I feel sory for East Heretic's students. They are actually talented & good students, by means their kungfu, attitude and intellegence (except MCF & husband).
    I wonder if WCY has these students, Quan Zhen sect would be fantastic (at least can handle one of 4 Greats) & made WCY proud !!!
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

  5. #5
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,111

    Default

    Did HYS break both of his students' legs or only one?

    In LOCH03, Kuk Ling Fung use one only 'kuai cheung'(sorry dunno what it's called in english), that means only one of his legs was crippled. In ROCH95, it was shown that HYS's youngest student also only has 1 leg broken. But in LOCH82, Luk Sing Fung was in a wheel chair. That means both his legs were broken.

  6. #6
    Senior Member rabadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    I do not remember the detail whether HYS broke one or both legs of his students, but I think that Luk Sing Fung, being in a wheelchair, could still defeat Yang Kang is quite impressive and looks cool compared to if he was using 'kuai cheung'
    Guo Jing > Yang Guo. Book it, you morons!

  7. #7
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,369

    Default

    Originally posted by rabadi
    I do not remember the detail whether HYS broke one or both legs of his students, but I think that Luk Sing Fung, being in a wheelchair, could still defeat Yang Kang is quite impressive and looks cool compared to if he was using 'kuai cheung'
    I suppose that it's impressive that Luk Sing Fung and the other Peach Blossom Island disciples were able to fight after their crippling injuries, but Yeung Hong wasn't a very difficult opponent to overcome. Yeung Hong's martial arts never advanced beyond the Gong Nam 7 Freaks' level. Yeung Hong would not even have been able to murder Hon Bo Kui (Gong Nam Freak # 3) on Peach Blossom Island if Hon wasn't in total shock and awe over West Poison Au Yeung Fung's (in the disguise of East Heretic Wong Yerk See) quick murder of Chu Chung (Freak # 2) and Hon Siu Ying (Freak # 7).
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 07-13-07 at 11:00 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member lilviet_grl8o8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Posts
    590

    Default

    i have a question. one of his disciple's had a daughter -- the crazy girl, who played wth ZBT/CBT (&bit him in LOCH82) who's daughter was she? and what ever happened to LUK SING FUNG's son afterwards? did he appear in ROCH?
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

  9. #9
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    i have a question. one of his disciple's had a daughter -- the crazy girl, who played wth ZBT/CBT (&bit him in LOCH82) who's daughter was she? and what ever happened to LUK SING FUNG's son afterwards? did he appear in ROCH?
    Sor Goo was the daughter of Kuk Ling Fung, who had also been acquainted with Gwok Jing and Yeung Hong's fathers, Gwok Siu Teen and Yeung Teet Sum. Before they were killed/driven from their home, Gwok and Yeung often went drinking at the tavern owned by Kuk Ling Fung (which Kuk opened after being driven out of Peach Blossom Island by his teacher).

    Luk Sing Fung's son, Luk Gwoon Ying, indeed appeared in ROCH. The Heroes Conference in the city of Dai Sing Kwan was hosted at Luk's house (where he and his wife moved after Returning Clouds Manor near Lake Tai was burned to the ground by West Poison Au Yeung Fung in LOCH).

  10. #10
    Senior Member dgfds01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    i have a question. one of his disciple's had a daughter -- the crazy girl, who played wth ZBT/CBT (&bit him in LOCH82) who's daughter was she? and what ever happened to LUK SING FUNG's son afterwards? did he appear in ROCH?
    The crazy girl was Shagu, Qu Lingfeng's daughter. He was killed by Song soldiers after raiding the imperial palace.

    Lu Chengfeng's son, Lu Guanying, married Cheng Yaojia (Quanzhen 7th master Sun Bu'Er's disciple). They appeared briefly in ROCH as the host to the Hero's Meet that the Golden Wheel Monk (Jinlun Fawang) crashed. They were really only mentioned once - greeting the guests with Guo Jing and Huang Rong.

  11. #11
    Senior Member lilviet_grl8o8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dgfds01 View Post
    The crazy girl was Shagu, Qu Lingfeng's daughter. He was killed by Song soldiers after raiding the imperial palace.

    Lu Chengfeng's son, Lu Guanying, married Cheng Yaojia (Quanzhen 7th master Sun Bu'Er's disciple). They appeared briefly in ROCH as the host to the Hero's Meet that the Golden Wheel Monk (Jinlun Fawang) crashed. They were really only mentioned once - greeting the guests with Guo Jing and Huang Rong.

    oh i knew the name sounded familiar... when i watching ROCH lol. (: i loved Shagu in LOCH82 (Chan On Ying?)
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

  12. #12
    Senior Member shenlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    354

    Default

    1. They would row off the island, and then go hope someone sees them and lends them shelter, until they can carce a wheel chair.

    2. I'm sure they had some valuables on them that they could use to get a bit of money, and with that money I guess they can become entrepenuears since they can no longer practice martial arts so they have nothing better to do.

    3. I really haven't read anything that hints him, so anything I say is guess work with no evidence.

    4. After getting your legs broken and banashed from your home I don't think the four were in a family stick to each other mood.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

  13. #13
    Senior Member dgfds01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Oops, looks like Ken got here before me. Late by 6 minutes.

  14. #14
    Senior Member lilviet_grl8o8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Sor Goo was the daughter of Kuk Ling Fung, who had also been acquainted with Gwok Jing and Yeung Hong's fathers, Gwok Siu Teen and Yeung Teet Sum. Before they were killed/driven from their home, Gwok and Yeung often went drinking at the tavern owned by Kuk Ling Fung (which Kuk opened after being driven out of Peach Blossom Island by his teacher).

    Luk Sing Fung's son, Luk Gwoon Ying, indeed appeared in ROCH. The Heroes Conference in the city of Dai Sing Kwan was hosted at Luk's house (where he and his wife moved after Returning Clouds Manor near Lake Take was burned to the ground by West Poison Au Yeung Fung in LOCH).
    whoa i missed your reply.. thanks yea i understand now.. (; i like Austin's potrayal in LOCH (; very handsome. hah
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

  15. #15
    Senior Member odbayarb2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hidden Mountains
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Qu Lingfeng, Lu Chengfeng, Wu Mianfeng, and Feng Mofeng were innocent.
    HYS broke their both legs except from Feng Mofeng due to the his young age. He broke his only leg.
    Last edited by odbayarb2000; 07-14-07 at 07:19 AM.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!


  16. #16
    Senior Member Ian Liew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odbayarb2000 View Post
    Qu Lingfeng, Lu Chengfeng, Wu Mianfeng, and Feng Mofeng were innocent.
    HYS broke their both legs except from Feng Mofeng due to the his young age. He broke his only leg.
    You mean he only broke one leg? Or did Feng only have one leg to begin with?


    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Yeung Hong would not even have been able to murder Hon Bo Kui (Gong Nam Freak # 3) on Peach Blossom Island if Hon wasn't in total shock and awe over West Poison Au Yeung Fung's (in the disguise of East Heretic Wong Yerk See) quick murder of Chu Chung (Freak # 2) and Hon Siu Ying (Freak # 7).
    That sequence of events was invented by TVB for LOCH 82. They killed off Han Xiaoying really fast because Ban Ban had left TVB and, after leaving her out of the second part, had no choice but to include her in the third part. They used an extra, and had her die without showing her face (although it was really obvious that it wasn't Ban Ban anymore.

    An alternative sequence of events had Han Xiaoying as the last to die in that cave, committing suicide rather than try and fight who she perceived as Huang Yaoshi (although in LOCH 2003 OYF unmasked to taunt her, and she saw who he really was before cutting her throat with a curse). The order of death in LOCH 2003 and the manga was Zhu Chong (well, he survived until he stole YK's shoe, but he was the first to fall), Quan Jinfa, Han Baoju then Han Xiaoying in the tomb, then Nan Xiren in GJ's arms a few days later. HBJ was taken by surprise, though, although whether because it was due to running to check on his horse which just gave its deathcry, or due to the darkness I'm not too sure.

  17. #17
    Senior Member odbayarb2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hidden Mountains
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Yep, Ian Liew.
    HYS only broke his(Feng Mofeng's) one leg. Not his only leg. Sorry for my bad English.
    Feng Mofeng had a nice fair of legs to begin with. hehe

    He(Feng Mofeng) reappears in ROCH who fights against LMC with heated crutch and hammer.
    Last edited by odbayarb2000; 07-14-07 at 12:54 PM.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!


  18. #18
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    That sequence of events was invented by TVB for LOCH 82. They killed off Han Xiaoying really fast because Ban Ban had left TVB and, after leaving her out of the second part, had no choice but to include her in the third part. They used an extra, and had her die without showing her face (although it was really obvious that it wasn't Ban Ban anymore.

    An alternative sequence of events had Han Xiaoying as the last to die in that cave, committing suicide rather than try and fight who she perceived as Huang Yaoshi (although in LOCH 2003 OYF unmasked to taunt her, and she saw who he really was before cutting her throat with a curse). The order of death in LOCH 2003 and the manga was Zhu Chong (well, he survived until he stole YK's shoe, but he was the first to fall), Quan Jinfa, Han Baoju then Han Xiaoying in the tomb, then Nan Xiren in GJ's arms a few days later. HBJ was taken by surprise, though, although whether because it was due to running to check on his horse which just gave its deathcry, or due to the darkness I'm not too sure.
    Interesting.

    Ohr Jen Ngok was the only survivor. Would you say that that was because he was the best martial artist among the Gong Nam 7 Freaks, or was he just the luckiest?

  19. #19
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,660

    Default

    None of the above. Ouyang Feng left him alive on purpose, because

    1) He was blind, and thus wouldn't be able to see for certain who the true killer was, and

    2) In this way, he could stir up even more discord against Huang Yaoshi (which he did for a time, getting Guo Jing to try and kill HYS).
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

  20. #20
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Interesting.

    Ohr Jen Ngok was the only survivor. Would you say that that was because he was the best marital artist among the Gong Nam 7 Freaks, or was he just the luckiest?

    I forgot. How did he end up not being on Peach Blossom Island after his sworn siblings died?

    Also, I never understood what history he had at that house where it was foggy and the house was burning down but he was still able to navigate the other people to safety?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Similar Threads

  1. East Heretic Wong Yerk See as a heroic figure?
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-11-18, 05:56 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-03-08, 08:32 AM
  3. The masks of East Heretic Wong Yerk See
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-08, 02:06 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-01-08, 04:02 AM
  5. How far would Wong Yerk See's students have gotten?
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-04, 05:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •