Thread: Chor Lau Heung v. Yang Guo

Default Chor Lau Heung v. Yang Guo

If they fight each other, who will win? I think Yang Guo's inner power is good but Chor Lau Heung is also very fast. Let's think about it!

The thing is that it is hard to compare fighters from different novels from one wuxia writer, much less to compare fighters from different novels from different wuxia writers. So, while both CLX and YG are famous, it is really hard to compare between the two. Besides, while we know most of YG's martial art techniques and skills, we do not know most of CLX's.

However, if for fun sake I still have to pick, IMHO through gut feeling I will pick YG.

Chu liu Xiang's inner power shouldn't be worse than yang guo since he was one of the top martial artist in his era.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

An absolutely accurate comparison between Jin Yong and Gu Long fighters is nearly impossible to do, but I always tend to favor the Jin Yong fighters because they seem to be more capable of great feats of inner power. Gu Long characters tend to be more reliant on weapons, and even fighters like Chor Lau Heung and Luk Siu Fung, who generally don't use weapons, don't seem to have skills and abilities comparable to JY's elites (never seen anything like 6 Mak Divine Swords in the Gu Long universe).
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 02-09-04 at 02:22 AM.

I thought some of GL's characters are pretty impressive too. Like the qing gong in the Moon Sabre were discribed to be sort of like flying. And that Ding Peng slashed a hugh rock in two with anormal sabre.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    An absolutely accurate comparison between Jin Yong and Gu Long fighters is nearly impossible to do, but I always tend to favor the Jin Yong fighters because they seem to be more capable of great feats of inner power. Gu Long characters tend to be more reliant on weapons, and even fighters like Chor Lau Heung and Luk Siu Fung, who generally don't use weapons, don't seem to have skills and abilities comparable to JY's elites (never seen anything like 6 Mak Divine Swords in the Gu Long universe).
    I disagree. If I have to choose, I'd think GL fighters are more capable of greater feats of inner power. Using CLH and LSF as representative of those feats are misleading, because although they are great fighters in their own right, they are not close to being near the top when it comes to inner power. Their strengths lie elsewhere.

As far as feats, Feng San in TSATE was able to demonstrate sword chi. And I've never seen anything like bending steel, walking out of lakes completely dry, making swords dance in the air, making the earth rise up, and walking through stone walls as if they were paper in the Jin Yong universe.