Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Romance of Three Kingdoms

I also heard awhile ago that a new RTK series was going to be made, but I don't think there are any definitive plans as of yet. There's a thread about a new RTK movie in the movies section of this forum. It's supposed to focus on the battle of Chibi.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Lady zhuge have you seen Jiang shan feng yui qing? I seen a forum that you have seen it, how is it?

Battle of the Red Cliff starring Chow Yun Fatt.

http://www.monkeypeaches.com/battleofredcliff.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I also heard awhile ago that a new RTK series was going to be made, but I don't think there are any definitive plans as of yet. There's a thread about a new RTK movie in the movies section of this forum. It's supposed to focus on the battle of Chibi.

There is also going to be the Andy Lau movie about Zhao Yun.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Hi, all of you. I'm new on this forum, so perhaps it is asked before........

We have a Taiwan edition of the "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" DVD (publisher 'Fixed Star'). This edition doesn't show the opening and endcredits of each episode and perhaps some readiting has been done.

Now we are looking for a better edition, that shows is the serie as it orignally was. In Mandarin. Chinese subs would be fine! English subs would be great!

By the way: we are watching these serie for the third time in one year, so we think it's GREAT!

Pieter

Hi Pieter,

Very glad to hear you enjoyed the show.

Have you heard of the DVD set released by Mei Ah which consist of 4 parts. In my opinion, it's the best version out there. Each disc has two episodes with both intro. and ending themesongs. The video graphics are also perfect. Although it's quite expensive, but if you're willing to, I would highly recomend this set.

Here's the link at YesAsia with free shipping.

Right now, YesAsia is offering $5 off coupon for your next purchase if you order $50 or more. If you are to buy the serial, I would recommend you to buy each part seperately which can help you save $15 on the whole set.

Good luck.

Chau Le.
    Last edited by chaule; 01-06-09 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Battle of the Red Cliff starring Chow Yun Fatt.

http://www.monkeypeaches.com/battleofredcliff.html
    Chow Yun Fat is not in this film. It stars Takeshi Kaneshiro and Tony Leung.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Have you heard of the DVD set released by Mei Ah which consist of 4 parts. In my opinion, it's the best version out there. Each disc has two episodes with both intro. and ending themesongs. The video graphics are also perfect. Although it's quite expensive, but if you're willing to, I would highly recomend this set.
    Thank you for this information Chaule.
    I noticed the boxsets on YesAsia before, but as you said "it's quite expensive" (altough 42 evenings with 2 episodes each for about $6, isn't too expensive).

I wondered if anyone has any information on the China version that's available on YesAsia also?

The boxset you're asking about is a VCD luxury boxset. It's a big carton box with nice pictures on the outside and it contains plastic cases for the discs inside. It's a nice set.

Maybe you can check this one, this one, or this one out?

Thank you for all the information!
    A pity that one can't compare the quality of all those editions.

(The link to cgcmall.com showed me that there are a lot more nice series available. I think we will try some of them. Thanks!)

I'd rather see Takeshi Kaneshiro as Zhao Zi Long. He's so tall and looks more handsomely heroic. Maybe his complexion is a little too fair.

Hu Jun doesn't really give off a heroic look, but he CAN act well as a manly hero, and he's got a nice deep voice.

Speaking of Kaneshiro, how come Kong Ming seemed so sissy when he first greeted Sun Quan? He took some quick girly steps and it looked like he stuck out his hips like a woman while he did so. Is that legitimate greeting posture from ancient China?
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    I'd rather see Takeshi Kaneshiro as Zhao Zi Long. He's so tall and looks more handsomely heroic. Maybe his complexion is a little too fair.

Hu Jun doesn't really give off a heroic look, but he CAN act well as a manly hero, and he's got a nice deep voice.

Speaking of Kaneshiro, how come Kong Ming seemed so sissy when he first greeted Sun Quan? He took some quick girly steps and it looked like he stuck out his hips like a woman while he did so. Is that legitimate greeting posture from ancient China?
    Are you talking about in Red Cliff? I don't remember anything like that and I've seen it twice, but I'd have to go look at it again.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

I finally picked up a DVD copy of Three Kingdoms. Boy, this is a long series.... 84 episodes. What do you guys think of it? This would be my first time watching this grand series. I picked it up so that I can compare it with the New Romance of the Three Kingdoms that's coming out in 2010. I heard that this series is quite accurate to the novel which is a big plus for me.

I think this could be the second (or third) longest series i own on DVD. The first being Jumong (80 episodes of one hour each) and the second being Gem of Life (80+ episodes of 45 mins. each).
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 07-19-09 at 02:14 AM.

I think this 1994 version focus more on liu bei and shu. The new three kingdoms 2010 put most focus on Cao Cao.

Episode 1 of 1994 version show liu/Guan/Zhang making oath at peach garden.

TK 2010 episode 1 show Cao Cao. they didn't even show how liu/guan/zhang met in TK 2010. what a disappointment.

I wonder if the next remake will take another 10-15 years and focus on the Son family.

We have recently been working on making a far better and cleaned-up english subs for 1994
    Three Kingdoms series, using much more higher-quality video footage.

1st batch: https://gentlemenofthehan.wordpress....title-release/

2nd batch: https://gentlemenofthehan.wordpress....red-cliff-arc/

We've released episodes up the 32 and are working for the next batch!
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms 1994 TV series New English Subs: https://gentlemenofthehan.wordpress.com/