Thread: Comparisons between mid/low-level fighters in LOCH.

Default Comparisons between mid/low-level fighters in LOCH.

It's always fun to do one of these instead of comparing the Greats all the time.

What would be the likely result of these battles?

Au Yeung Hak vs. Gong Nam 6 Freaks (all of them, except the dead Cheung Ah Sung)

Ohr Jen Ngok (Gong Nam Freak # 1) vs. Sa Tung Teen *or* Pang Lin Fu (not both of them)

Muk Lim Chi (at the end of LOCH) vs. Hon Siu Ying (Gong Nam Freak # 7)

Ying Goo vs. Mui Chiu Fung

Ying Goo vs. Au Yeung Hak

Gwok Jing (end of LOCH) vs. Mui Chiu Fung (straight up, with no tricks like "Silent Palm")

1 Deng's four disciples vs. Yau Chui Gei (if Yau is overmatched, then add Ma Yuk to the mix)

1 Deng's four disciples vs. Sa Tung Teen, Pang Lin Fu, Leung Tze Yung, and Ling Tze Seung Yan

Ohr Jen Ngok vs. Beggar's Union Elder Lo Yau Gerk

Lo Yau Gerk vs. Sa Tung Teen *or* Pang Lin Fu (again, not both)

Ying Goo vs. Leung Tze Yung

Default Re: Comparisons between mid/low-level fighters in LOCH.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Au Yeung Hak vs. Gong Nam 6 Freaks (all of them, except the dead Cheung Ah Sung)
    They fought shortly after they returned to the Central Plain. The freaks followed OYK's maids/disciples and caught him kidnapping girls. The result was that the 2nd freak broke OYK's little finger and OYK had to run away.

Ohr Jen Ngok (Gong Nam Freak # 1) vs. Sa Tung Teen *or* Pang Lin Fu (not both of them)
    They fought several times. He might be able to defeat Pang, but it might be a tough match against Sa. Neither of these guys dared to go near the #1 freak though since they feared his poisonous projectiles.

Muk Lim Chi (at the end of LOCH) vs. Hon Siu Ying (Gong Nam Freak # 7)
    Han would win. I believe Han was just a little below Yang Kang at the beginning of LOCH (she didn't have any deadly techniques), therefore she would be able to defeat Mu Nian Ci, who was way below YK.

Ying Goo vs. Mui Chiu Fung
    I bet five holes on Yideng's ex-wifey's head.

Ying Goo vs. Au Yeung Hak
    Could be a draw (based on how they performed against GJ) but I like OYK's chance better.

Gwok Jing (end of LOCH) vs. Mui Chiu Fung (straight up, with no tricks like "Silent Palm")
    GJ should kick her arse easily, no question asked. By then he had fought all of the top fighters alive, and he was able to match several palms at full blast with the Greats, and he could defend himself against them for a few hundred stances. Mei Chao Feng was absolutely crushed with a fullly powered Hamo Gong from OYF. GJ had also learnt a lot of 9 Yin by then, and he had fought HYS numerous times, so MCF's techniques wouldn't be unpredictable to him no more.

1 Deng's four disciples vs. Yau Chui Gei (if Yau is overmatched, then add Ma Yuk to the mix)
    QCJ should be able to defend himself against these guys but I don't think he could win. If you add Ma Yue to Qiu's side, they would crush Yideng's disciples.

1 Deng's four disciples vs. Sa Tung Teen, Pang Lin Fu, Leung Tze Yung, and Ling Tze Seung Yan
    I vote for the baddies because Yideng's disciples were kind of stupid and would be disadvantaged against those tricky bastards.

Ohr Jen Ngok vs. Beggar's Union Elder Lo Yau Gerk
    Hmm tough one, I think it would be a draw.

Lo Yau Gerk vs. Sa Tung Teen *or* Pang Lin Fu (again, not both)
    Same as above.

Ying Goo vs. Leung Tze Yung
    Ying Goo would be more likely to win.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Default Re: Re: Comparisons between mid/low-level fighters in LOCH.

Originally posted by Candide
    Han would win. I believe Han was just a little below Yang Kang at the beginning of LOCH (she didn't have any deadly techniques), therefore she would be able to defeat Mu Nian Ci, who was way below YK.
    Actually, each of the Six Heroes of Jiangnan were better than Yang Kang. Han Xiaoying would have no trouble at all against Mu Nianci.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

I don't think Yideng's disciples are stupid. At least, not all of them. The Farmer is described as being impatient and hot headed and sometimes acts rashly but he was a general and i don't think he is stupid. Moreover, the scholar is very smart [not just book-wise]. I think that Yideng's disciples would easily defeat Sa Tung Teen, Pang Lin Fu, Leung Tze Yung, and Ling Tze Seung Yan, especially since they learn Yi Deng's One Finger Kungfu.

Otherwise, i agree with everything that Candide said. Except that i thought that Ying Goo was quite strong since she was able to match palms with Cau Thien Nhan [that powerful old man with a lying, conniving, loser of a twin]. Granted that she was filled with rage and hatred and was willing to risk her life, but her martial arts would have to be pretty good to stand a chance against the old man right?

I think 1Deng's disciples are quite good. Otherwise, the scholar will not be placed to fight against Huo Du in the fight in ROCH. I don't think that QCJ alone can be better than him. Adding Ma Yuk into the fight might give a draw result. Other than that, I also agree with all the above answers.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Originally posted by Thai guy
    I think 1Deng's disciples are quite good. Otherwise, the scholar will not be placed to fight against Huo Du in the fight in ROCH. I don't think that QCJ alone can be better than him. Adding Ma Yuk into the fight might give a draw result. Other than that, I also agree with all the above answers.
    No, it was said in the novel that even Zhu Ziliu (the scholar) was no match for martial experts like Guo Jing, Ma Yu, Qiu Chuji etc.
    See ROCH chapter 12.
    And Zhu Ziliu was far above his other martial arts brothers like the Wu Santong (farmer), fisher etc. And he was also better than Hao Datong and Sun Bu'er.
    Also Zhu Ziliu was about the same level as Li Mochou, but Ma Yu, Liu Chuxuan, Qiu Chuji and Wang Chuyi (of the Seven Masters of Quanzhen) were superior to Li Mochou.
    Last edited by Athena; 02-16-04 at 05:59 AM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

What do you think about OYK vs Qiu Chuji, Ma Yu or Wang Chuyi during LOCH?
    My opinion is Qiu Chuji is slightly better, but I think OYK is better than Ma yu & Wang Chuyi.
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

Wang Chuyi was about the same as OYK when they tested each other out early in LOCH. Qiu and Ma should be able to defeat OYK.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Some great responses so far. Let's throw a few more into the mix.

Yeung Teet Sum *or* Gwok Siu Teen (not both of them) vs. *one* (not all three) of the Yellow River Three Ghosts. However, if the Ghost defeats Yeung or Gwok, reset the fight with BOTH of the sworn brothers against the Ghost.

Gwok Siu Teen vs. Jebeh (no archery; just melee combat skills)

Deun Teen Dak vs. Yeun Nan Hung Lit vs. Genghis Khan (individual combat, not as war leaders)

Luk Gwoon Ying vs. Hon Siu Ying (Gong Nam Freak # 7)

Mui Chiu Fung vs. Yau Chui Gei

Ma Yuk vs. Yau Chui Gei

Gwok Jing when he first arrived in China vs. Gwok Siu Teen or Yeung Teet Sum

Gwok Jing when he first arrived in China vs. Muk Lim Chi

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Gwok Jing when he first arrived in China vs. Gwok Siu Teen or Yeung Teet Sum

Gwok Jing when he first arrived in China vs. Muk Lim Chi
    GJ will win both fights.

Since GJ was able to tie with YK that time, he sould be superior.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Who is Yau Chui Gei? Is his name Cuu Thien Nhan in viet?

I think that's the cantonese pronunciation for Qiu Chuji, the second master of QZ.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by Kara
    Who is Yau Chui Gei? Is his name Cuu Thien Nhan in viet?
    his name is Khuu Xu Co in viet