Thread: Pissed off at Jing Yong!!!!!

Default Pissed off at Jing Yong!!!!!

Hi,

I am extremely mad at Jing Yong!!

When Jing Yong made the annoucement that he will revise the novels, I worked and worked and worked and saved enough money to buy the 3rd editions of his novels. I've saved quite of bit and bought the 3rd editions of Book and the sword, Legend, return of the condor heroes, and Sword stain with Royal blood.

I've read the second editions, but I read them online, because I don't have any money to buy the second editions. Now that I have money I was thinking of buying the second editions just for collection purposes. My friend went to China town the other day and I told him to buy me the 2nd editions of Jing Yong novels.

He couldn't buy them because the owner of the store said that Jing Yong prohibits anyone from selling the 2nd editions, only the 3rd editions now! I'm like" What in the world???" Why??? Wouldn't Jing Yong make more money buy selling the 2nd and 3rd editions? Why would he just call back all his 2nd editions??

Has anyone encountered the same problem? Did you tried to buy second editions, but wasn't able too??

I am pissed, but at the same time very regretful for not buying the second editions sooner!!

Pissed off QF

Default Re: Pissed off at Jing Yong!!!!!

Originally posted by QF
    Hi,

I am extremely mad at Jing Yong!!

When Jing Yong made the annoucement that he will revise the novels, I worked and worked and worked and saved enough money to buy the 3rd editions of his novels. I've saved quite of bit and bought the 3rd editions of Book and the sword, Legend, return of the condor heroes, and Sword stain with Royal blood.

I've read the second editions, but I read them online, because I don't have any money to buy the second editions. Now that I have money I was thinking of buying the second editions just for collection purposes. My friend went to China town the other day and I told him to buy me the 2nd editions of Jing Yong novels.

He couldn't buy them because the owner of the store said that Jing Yong prohibits anyone from selling the 2nd editions, only the 3rd editions now! I'm like" What in the world???" Why??? Wouldn't Jing Yong make more money buy selling the 2nd and 3rd editions? Why would he just call back all his 2nd editions??

Has anyone encountered the same problem? Did you tried to buy second editions, but wasn't able too??

I am pissed, but at the same time very regretful for not buying the second editions sooner!!

Pissed off QF
    Why don't you just print the second edition out from the internet? That's way, you can still have it, and might save some couple bucks.
    However, you are still lucky, since I read all his books in Viet, I don't really have a clue which JY edition books that I was reading on line. I'm really interested in his revised works to see if he has made any significant change or not.

This is actually standard practice in the distribution of various forms of media (print publications, sound recordings, film and videos, etc.). When the creator of a work has issued a new edition of the work for public consumption, the old editions are pulled from the shelves. When the Beatles' record catalogue was upgraded to CD (from cassettes and vinyl records) in the late 1980s, the American formats were deleted from the catalogue and the British releases became the international standard for the CDs. After George Lucas released the Special Edition versions of the first three STAR WARS movies (A NEW HOPE, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, and RETURN OF THE JEDI), the original versions as presented in the theaters back in 1977, 1980, and 1983 (respectively) were also deleted from the catalogue, making only the 1997 Special Editions (with added footage and SFX enhancements) available. Furthermore, the old full-length versions of TVB series available on VHS for their classic series have been deleted in favor of the edited VCD versions. It's not always a great idea for consumers, but it is standard practice.

He couldn't buy them because the owner of the store said that Jing Yong prohibits anyone from selling the 2nd editions
    Oh, and you bought the store owner's bullshit. Haven't done much shopping on your own, have you ? It's a standard lie used by these guys ie blame everything, everyone else, including Osama and Saddam, for the unavailability of some products. Instead of being honest and saying that "Sorry we don't have this product in stock at the moment [because we're cheap arses and can't stock things unless you order || we can't be bothered gettings things in just for you]" they'll make up any bullshit to cover their incompetency.

It's like the other day I went to buy an Athlon64 (CPU). Went to first shop: only one chip left, and I let my friend have it. Went to 2nd shop: Sorry there are no Athlon64s in Australia atm, but we'll be the first to get one in stock if they ever get here, and please call us later. Went to 3rd shop: 10 in stock...
    Last edited by Candide; 02-24-04 at 05:57 AM.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

True, I haven't done much shopping myself, but my friend has. He went to three bookstores in China town, and all of them says the same thing.

Either that or my friend is Bull Sh*ting me :-)

Why don't you just print the second edition out from the internet? That's way, you can still have it, and might save some couple bucks.

You know I actually did thought about that before, but decided not to. This to me is pirating, and I respect Jing Yong too much to do that. Hope you don't take it the wrong way Trie

TO Ken: I understand what you are saying. However, this is where the difference begins. Jing Yong has not revised Heaven Sword, Demigods+semidevils, Duke of Mount deer......and I can't even buy those. I mean if he hasn't revised those novels yet, he should at least sell the 2nd editions. I went to YesAsia and tried to ordered it online, but Yes Asia emailed me back saying that they don't carry the product anymore.

I'm just S.O.L.

I have a new purpose in life. It's to find Jing Yong and kidnapp him and demand him to give me the 2nd editions of his novels. WHile I'm there I might as well demand the 1st editions too

A new purpose inlife QF

Default Re: Re: Pissed off at Jing Yong!!!!!

Originally posted by TrieuTuLong
    However, you are still lucky, since I read all his books in Viet, I don't really have a clue which JY edition books that I was reading on line. I'm really interested in his revised works to see if he has made any significant change or not.
    Actually the revised verison will have about 40-50 chapters only(at least most of them, I am also viet, and they don't have all the 2nd verison yet so I don't really know). While the 1st or original verison would have over a 100 chapters. Just notice that the 2nd verison's chapter are much longer.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 02-24-04 at 03:43 PM.

hmm, strange, i saw 2nd editions on sale in hong kong a couple months back on discount - i remember seeing HSDS for sure

well, if JY was going to revise his books, he'll want to story and the readers to know a different story...but if he sells both versions, then we won't know which one to follow!!!

Originally posted by philip
    well, if JY was going to revise his books, he'll want to story and the readers to know a different story...but if he sells both versions, then we won't know which one to follow!!!
    I agree, JY revising his novels is just him "improving" his novels, what he's trying to do is to make readers think that the newly revised version is the "real" version, not a alternate one.

He also dosent want people to get confused over the two, and turn out to know two different sets of information.

Just look at it like this QF, the second edition dosent exist anymore (well this dosent count for the novels hes not yet revised), what exists now is the newly improved version of the novel, and should be well respected, and i think your just being abit disrespectful to JY with ur thread title You wont have the chance of reading these novels if JY didnt exist just my 2 cents, hope you dont get angry!
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

you can always watch the adaptions
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

you can always watch the adaptions

I guess I can do that.

Just look at it like this QF, the second edition dosent exist anymore (well this dosent count for the novels hes not yet revised), what exists now is the newly improved version of the novel, and should be well respected, and i think your just being abit disrespectful to JY with ur thread title You wont have the chance of reading these novels if JY didnt exist just my 2 cents, hope you dont get angry!

I agree that my title kinda disrespects Jing Yong, but hey I was really mad and need to get some steam off.

Anyways, I'm not so pissed that Jing Yong took his 2nd editions off the shelves, its just that I've already bought the 2nd editions of State of Divinity, Duke of Mount Deer, Flying Fox, Outer stories of Flying fox, Book and the sword, Sword Stained with Royal Blood, and Odd to Galentery. And I want the whole collections.

I'm one of those people that either you have it all or nothing at all

Ah well, thats life.

QF

Default Re: Pissed off at Jing Yong!!!!!

Originally posted by QF

When Jing Yong made the annoucement that he will revise the novels, I worked and worked and worked and saved enough money to buy the 3rd editions of his novels
    Pissed off QF
    Dude, are you still schooling or are JY novels _that_ expensive where you live?

I am not being sarcastic, but really curious how much your local stores charge.