Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registration help

Default Registration help

This is to answer many of the questions that I get asked via email regarding registration and permissions to post at the forum.

After registering an account by filling out the registration form with a valid email account, you will be emailed a confirmation email. There are instructions in that email for validating the member account. You MUST click on that activation link in order to have permissions to post at the forum.

If you have entered the incorrect email address during registration and did not receive an email confirmation, you can login and click on the "User CP" button at the upper right hand side at the forum and then click on "Edit Profile" to change your email address.

If everything is correct and you still did not receive a confirmation email, please send an email to me from the account that you registered with.

Thanks and happy posting!
    -SC

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet
    If everything is correct and you still did not receive a confirmation email, please send an email to me from the account that you registered with.

Thanks and happy posting!
    Hi,

I have a question. The email has been sent but i would like to know how long this will take ? Its been 5 days since the new poster sent the email on this and there's no reply to her yet?

Thanks!

Thanks. she has been granted access to post at this forum.

Default Main site login problem

I tried to access my Reading Room log-in to add more chapters to the LOCH translation. I'm getting a user name / password error message even though I've used the proper ones. What's up?
    wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    I tried to access my Reading Room log-in to add more chapters to the LOCH translation. I'm getting a user name / password error message even though I've used the proper ones. What's up?
    wizard
    I'm not sure exactly why, but if you have a different username for your SPCNET.tv account and your SPCNET Forums account, then you must now sign into SPCNET.tv with your forums account. So try signing in with JamesG and the same password.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I'm not sure exactly why, but if you have a different username for your SPCNET.tv account and your SPCNET Forums account, then you must now sign into SPCNET.tv with your forums account. So try signing in with JamesG and the same password.
    Thanks Sparky; that worked and LOCH has been updated in the Reading Room.

hi,

i've had problems logging in. everytime i enter the usename and password. it accepts with the welcome message, then when i try to access my cp, it tells me the name and password is incorrext. it asks me to enter the details again and this repeats a few times.

once, it asked me to enter my email coz i 've enter my name and password too many times? so i enter it, but it says my email is not found in the database.

now, somehow,using the same user name and password, i can get on again.

why is this happening?

Quote Originally Posted by eve13 View Post
    hi,

i've had problems logging in. everytime i enter the usename and password. it accepts with the welcome message, then when i try to access my cp, it tells me the name and password is incorrext. it asks me to enter the details again and this repeats a few times.

once, it asked me to enter my email coz i 've enter my name and password too many times? so i enter it, but it says my email is not found in the database.

now, somehow,using the same user name and password, i can get on again.

why is this happening?
    Where are you logging in from? The forum or the homepage (or some other section on the site)? When did this problem start occurring?
    -SC

i log in from the forum. it started today when i wanted to change the cp settings. so i clicked on it, and it asked me to enter the usename and password. i did so. but i jst couldnt log in as it kept telling me the details are wrong. so i gave up.

later in the day, i wanted to reply to a post. so i clicked reply, and it asked for my details again. i entered them, and it says they're wrong. then it asks me for my email address incase the details are sensitive and that i might get locked out. so by entering my email, it'll email me my password or change it. so i entered it, then it tells me its not in the database. that...i was puzzled.

yet now, it seems to work perfect. and i can log in again. wierd...

There are some odd things happening. I logged in with no problem a few minutes ago and visited several threads. When I backed out to the main page my login was gone and I had to login again too post this comment.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    There are some odd things happening. I logged in with no problem a few minutes ago and visited several threads. When I backed out to the main page my login was gone and I had to login again too post this comment.
    oh yeah, ive had that problem a few months back. for a whole week i had to relogin after visiting threads....hmm...wonder why didnt i inquire about it here....but neways, im here to tell that i too had had the same prob....but now everything is fine....after a while it just returned to normal again....no login problems now...(well, at least not yet ) i thought perhaps it's something that SC should know, i mean, that other member also had the same problem......
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by eve13 View Post
    i log in from the forum. it started today when i wanted to change the cp settings. so i clicked on it, and it asked me to enter the usename and password. i did so. but i jst couldnt log in as it kept telling me the details are wrong. so i gave up.

later in the day, i wanted to reply to a post. so i clicked reply, and it asked for my details again. i entered them, and it says they're wrong. then it asks me for my email address incase the details are sensitive and that i might get locked out. so by entering my email, it'll email me my password or change it. so i entered it, then it tells me its not in the database. that...i was puzzled.

yet now, it seems to work perfect. and i can log in again. wierd...
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    Hello folks, previously I'd the same problem as mentioned, but I think I've found a solution. The next time that you log-in, please remember to click the "Remember Me" box next to the sign-in area. At least, this is what I did and it remedied the problem. If this doesn't work, then there is a bigger problem at hand that spcnet needs to inquire.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

I dont think it's the "remember me" problem. When you click "remember me" it should remember you every time you go to the main page, not asking you to login every time. thats not the case with my previous problem....and from what these people are telling, think it's not that either.....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 05-01-07 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    I dont think it's the "remember me" problem. When you click "remember me" it should remember you every time you go to the main page, not asking you to login every time. thats not the case with my previous problem....and from what these people are telling, think it's not that either.....
    Yup. I thinks it's a pain-in-the- butt minor problem resulting from the recent changes. It's something that needs a tweak.

Yes, the Remember Me option needs to be checked for the login to be sticky. I am aware of the issue with logging in from the main section of the site though, I'll need to work on it to figure out what code the forum uses to do cookie login.
    -SC

erm this may not be the correct section but is there any1 here who can help me ? I registered with wuxiasociety -www.wuxiasociety.org/forum but after waiting for 3 days, they have not verified my account... can someone help me ? thanks a alot

Hi, need some help here. How do I unregistered myself as a user? Thanks!
    "never underestimate stupid people....in big group. Together, they can drive you to grave."

impossible to register through mobile device, Security field doesnt show letters...
    please fix that....

I have a friend trying to subscribe. She cannot hear anything from the Captcha caption. I tried that page and it seems not to be working for me either... please fix this technical glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by kychong View Post
    I have a friend trying to subscribe. She cannot hear anything from the Captcha caption. I tried that page and it seems not to be working for me either... please fix this technical glitch.
    It seems that SPCNET is still using reCaptcha v. 1 here? It is no longer usable after March 31, 2018...