Thread: Chiu Tze Ging ... first appearance in LOCH or ROCH?

Question Chiu Tze Ging ... first appearance in LOCH or ROCH?

I've been reading some fairly accurate LOCH comics recently, and this issue came up:

Chiu Tze Ging (Yeung Gor's lousy Taoist teacher from the Cheun Jen Sect) appeared in TVB's LOCH '82, but novel readers have always told me that Chiu never appeared in the LOCH novel, and that his debut was in ROCH.

In the comic, however, it was Chiu Tze Ging who led a rescue force of Cheun Jen Sect Taoists to bail out the Cheun Jen 7 Disciples after the big skirmish with East Heretic Wong Yerk See in Ga Hing Village (when WYS was accused of murdering the Gong Nam 5 Freaks). Chiu led the Cheun Jen Sect task force and rescued his teachers from Iron Palm Sect minions and Jin soldiers (actually, Sung soldiers commandeered by Yeun Nan Hung Lit).

Did this happen?

Strange enough in ROCH, Chiu Tze Ging was attacking Gwok Jing because he thought Gwok Jing was one of the Mongolian invaders. From TVB's LOCH, they already met and know each other in the incident where Sai Duk and Yeung Hong tried to poison everyone with the poisonous lantern.

Someone made some mistake somewhere.....who?

Originally posted by MacGyver
    Strange enough in ROCH, Chiu Tze Ging was attacking Gwok Jing because he thought Gwok Jing was one of the Mongolian invaders. From TVB's LOCH, they already met and know each other in the incident where Sai Duk and Yeung Hong tried to poison everyone with the poisonous lantern.

Someone made some mistake somewhere.....who?
    In LOCH '82, Chiu Tze Ging and Wan Tze Ping filled in for the slain Tam Chui Deun and the sequestered and meditating Ma Yuk in the Big Dipper 7 Stars Formation when Kau Cheen Yan attacked the Chung Yeung Temple. This entire incident, however, was made up by TVB; no such event took place in the novel.

Not sure about the status of Chiu Tze Ging in other LOCH adaptations, though.

I don't think the book mentions any Quanzhen reinforcements coming after Ke Zhener led them out of the mists - the six Taoists would have been more than a match for the mass of extras charging down anyway. It says they charged into the fray, a battle ensued, and then the scene leads to Ke Zhener being led by Huang Rong to the Iron Spear Temple.

Default Re: Chiu Tze Ging ... first appearance in LOCH or ROCH?

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    In the comic, however, it was Chiu Tze Ging who led a rescue force of Cheun Jen Sect Taoists to bail out ... ... (actually, Sung soldiers commandeered by Yeun Nan Hung Lit).

Did this happen?
    No, I don't recall this guy doing any rescue at all. I only read the first edition of the book though, so I don't know about other ones.
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato