Thread: Huan Zhu Ge Ge... Wuxia?

Default Huan Zhu Ge Ge... Wuxia?

i was just wondering if Huan Zhu Ge Ge is considered as wuxia... do you guys know if it is or if it is not?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

No. Definately not. HZGG is a period drama, but not wuxia.

i don't think so... huan zhu ge ge is a love story i think.. it doesn't have teh wuxia feel.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

for me wuxia is supposed to be story about people/sects with great martial art clashing with each other....uncontrollable desire to search for the best kungfu manual, crazy revenge between families, love story with tragic flow, and stumbling into great martial artist and begging to become his disciple, protagonists and villiains with high inner energy(whether in the beginning or the end), oh yeah....and lots of poisons....

so Huan Zhu Ge Ge is definitely not wuxia.....i agree with Kara, its a period drama.... a very appealing period drama for me tho...
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

even the writer already explains it all.....

Qiong Yau = wuxia?

U'uh, dont think so......
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

er no. just b/c something has a couple fighting scenes would not make it wuxia.

wuxia is something you'll know for sure when you see it
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

if this is so, how could duke of mount deer be considered as wuxia?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

because JY wrote it

well, it's cuz it involves character exposure to the world of wu xia, like the characters are part of some clan, they know some different types of martial arts with certain names, there is much more of a martial arts focus (even if WXB sucks). And it suggests more on the ideas and views of "heroism" rather than "love"

Originally posted by philip
    because JY wrote it

well, it's cuz it involves character exposure to the world of wu xia, like the characters are part of some clan, they know some different types of martial arts with certain names, there is much more of a martial arts focus (even if WXB sucks). And it suggests more on the ideas and views of "heroism" rather than "love"
    yeah.......youre rite. WXB might suck big-time as a martial warrior when he's supposed to be the hero, but the setting and people in the story do relate to wuxia world.....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -