Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to make one's pressure points invulnerable?

Default Is it possible to make one's pressure points invulnerable?

Throughout the CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY, there were incidents of even the Greats having their pressure points sealed by inferior-level fighters (almost always through some kind of deception that left the Great off-guard). I forget specific incidents of Elite level DEMIGODS & SEMIDEVILS fighters (i.e. Janitor Monk, Hui Juk, Kiu Fung, Mo Yung Bok, Siu Yeun San, etc.) having their pressure points sealed, but I figure . . . if even the Greats can have their pressure points sealed, is there really no defense against this? On the one hand, it would be a good defense against these kinds of attacks. On the other hand, this could be potentially harmful to the practitioner because certain kinds of wounds and illnesses (i.e. internal injuries, blood loss, poisoning) are best treated via the sealing of acupoints. If one were invulnerable to acupoint sealing, then the healing aspects of the art would become unavailable as well.

But bottom line: is it even possible? Is there a martial art that renders the acupoints unsealable?

Gong Sun Zhi (ROCH) had a skill that was passed down in his family that made his pressure points 'unsealable'.

In addition, OYF posses the skill to reverse all his pressure points, effectively rendering them "invulnerable".

As I recall, in LOCH, in the first fight vs MCF, the Freaks were unable to seal her pressure points either.

I do not remember about this in JY's novels, but in a local wuxia writer's novel here I once read about a gongfu technique to *move* pressure points so that when an opponent tried to seal them, he/she will press flesh instead of the points. I do not know whether this actually makes sense or just some theory by that local wuxia writer

I once read about a gongfu technique to *move* pressure points so that when an opponent tried to seal them, he/she will press flesh instead of the points.
    Yes you right rabadi. In Gu Long Novel "Legendary Sibling" Siau Hi Ji was able to do that!
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

Didn't the golden wheel monk able to move his pressure point?

Originally posted by Stance Didn't the golden wheel monk able to move his pressure point?
    Yes. It was commented that it was a very difficult skill to practise. Not as good as Ou Yang Feng's but still a very good skill.

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing As I recall, in LOCH, in the first fight vs MCF, the Freaks were unable to seal her pressure points either.
    Why was that?

you usually have a harder time trying to seal the points of someone who has much more energy/power than you. and the 7 freaks' energy was nothing near MCY's
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

or maybe if someone's inner energy level can be so high (as in like having 200000000+ years worth of inner energy accumulation or something) they could be like ZWJ in HSDS when the Kong Dong guys tried to hit his pressure points with the 7 damages fist , but just that his inner energy was too much of a barrier.

Originally posted by Raden Wijaya
    Yes you right rabadi. In Gu Long Novel "Legendary Sibling" Siau Hi Ji was able to do that!
    I was actually talking about the local wuxia writer Kho Ping Ho I can't remember the Little Fish Xiao Yuer (Siau Hi Ji) from Gu Long's novel was able to do that. Who taught him that skill?

I wonder if someone can seal the Sweeper Monk's pressure points 'cause he has enormous internal energy. And what about that body protection skill from Shaolin (can't remember the skill's name ), does it enable the user to make his/her pressure points invulnerable?

I was actually talking about the local wuxia writer Kho Ping Ho I can't remember the Little Fish Xiao Yuer (Siau Hi Ji) from Gu Long's novel was able to do that. Who taught him that skill?
    he learned it from a manual, compiled by 10 of the greated martial artists the the past, that he and jiang yu lang found together while traped in xiao mimi's underground palace
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Originally posted by Noodles
    Yes. It was commented that it was a very difficult skill to practise. Not as good as Ou Yang Feng's but still a very good skill.

Why was that?
    As to the why, I'm not sure, but Zhu Cong several times tried to seal MCF's acupoints, but was unable to, and MCF told him that she had made them 'invulnerable', although the how was not given.

Maybe the Iron Vast technique of Shaolin can make a person immune to sealing of acupressure .
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by S Beaver
    he learned it from a manual, compiled by 10 of the greated martial artists the the past, that he and jiang yu lang found together while traped in xiao mimi's underground palace
    I believe it was actually 5 of the most powerful martial artists of the times, but yeah, Little Fish learned the majority of his kung fu from that manual. The manual was filled with all kinds of martial arts knowledge. Not only could Little Fish shift his acupoints, but I think he was even able to emulate Hua WuQue's "Yi Hua Jie Yu" just from seeing it because his knowledge of martial arts theory had become extremely high.

Other GL characters have also been known to either completely resist acupressure attacks through their chi or just free themselves almost immediately.

Originally posted by superboy
    Maybe the Iron Vast technique of Shaolin can make a person immune to sealing of acupressure .
    Is that the name of the body protection skill from Shaolin I asked above?

the shaolin vest kungfu that rabadi is referring to is in HSDS, and it's called diamond vest. you are referring to the monk that XX killed in looking for his master, right? (i forget his name at the moment...kong something) at any rate, i don't think that this kungfu would be able to protect your pressure points from being sealed...at least, it wasn't made for that. i see the kungfu as allowing the practitioner to call upon his internal energy to create a kind of armor around him. i suppose that this would protect your pressure points if your opponent couldn't break through the diamond vest, but i doubt that your pressure points would remain fine if i was able to push them.

btw, iron vest is from shaolin soccer.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Originally posted by sixdays
    the shaolin vest kungfu that rabadi is referring to is in HSDS, and it's called diamond vest.
    Yup, that's the one I was referring to. Thanks.

How would you be able to seal a person's accupressure if the Diamond Vest acts like an armor?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"