Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The longest surviving martial art technique in JY's universe?

Default The longest surviving martial art technique in JY's universe?

What is the longest surviving martial art technique in JY's universe? For limiting purpose, perhaps we'll just list the top ones. Let's see... the Carefree Xiao Yao Sect had various top skills, but too bad they tended to be short-lived. They all only surfaced during the DGSD era.

Dragon Subduing Palm started in DGSD, continued in LOCH, ROCH, and HSDS. Is it mentioned in any other novels? Dog Beating Stick probably lived longer than Dragon Subduing Palm.

OYF's Ha Ma Gong only went through 2 novels (LOCH and ROCH), and I suppose it *probably* ended with YG. We do not see it in HSDS.

We see 1D's YYZ in LOCH, ROCH, and early HSDS (performed by GX).

YG's Sad Palm *probably* also ended with YG, although this would probably spark another GJ vs YG debate somehow

ZBT's Vacant Fist only appeared in LOCH and ROCH. As for L/R Hand Technique, I assume it is more of a fighting technique than a martial art. Am I correct?

WCY's skills also only appeared in LOCH and ROCH, I guess. HYS's skill still appeared early in HSDS, and probably *evolved* to form some of Emei skills.

ZWJ's QKDNY and 9 Yang only surfaced in HSDS.

9 Yin surfaced in LOCH, ROCH, and HSDS. I do not recall about it mentioned afterwards.

KFBD was supposed to be created during the Sung dynasty (???), but it did not really appear until SOD era. What happened to it afterwards?

I think we can assume that Ode to Gallantry Poem only existed in the novel.

We had Shaolin's YJJ mentioned a lot in DGSD, and although it was not mentioned in LOCH, ROCH, and HSDS (correct me if I'm wrong), but it went through SOD, and DOMD. I do not recall it mentioned in Book & Sword, Flying Fox, Sword Stained in Royal Blood, or Ode to Gallantry, though (again, correct me if I'm wrong). Not to sure about other 72 Shaolin Skills, but some of them (if not all???) may still survive until today in real world.

Z3F's Taichi just showed up in HSDS, went through SOD, and Book & Sword. In the real life it still exists also.

So, what's the longest surviving martial art technique in JY's universe?

Yang Family Spear, Taizu Long Fist, and Tai Chi. Because these three are real martial arts that lasted to this day. There could be more.

yi yang zhi went from dgsd to hsds, bro u forgot lol

i doubt kfbd will be the bets kung fu before the sod era. It's not even the best in sod.

Originally posted by - L1n -
    yi yang zhi went from dgsd to hsds, bro u forgot lol
    Oh yes, correct

To add some:
    6MSJ was only in DGSD.

DG9J was from pre-LOCH until SOD. Any other appearance of DG9J after SOD?

Actually QKDNY was from pre-LOCH as well, but it got attention the most in HSDS.

I suppose Murong's family skills were also limited to DGSD.

Shaolin's skills, which survived from TL8B at least to past XAJH.

I don't seem to remember Yi Yang Zhi appearing in HSDS.
    Yo momma cat

Memory tells me that Guo Xiang used it at the very beginning of the book.

I think it was the guy who tried to decieve young ZWJ to leading them to his god father's location.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

ye4s u remeber the part when wuji makes his way out of the valley, and then how he killed some dogs and then was taken to the families estate who earned the dogs, well thta family is a descendant of the zhui of dali who were servants to yi deng and before that servants to duan yu. But yi yang zhi in hsds is like shit house kung fu,lol those people ruined dali's kung fu.

well qian kun da ruo yi was before loch but we can't take it as consideration other wise i can say 6 mai never disappeared but rather went for a hidin.

If we consider YJJ, which was created by damo in Jin Yon's novel, it lasted for about 2000 years right?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by minutemanwayne
    I don't seem to remember Yi Yang Zhi appearing in HSDS.
    Chu Chung Ling (descendant of South Emperor 1 Deng's student, the scholar Chu Tze Lau) and Mo Lit (descendant of Mo 3 Tung), who tried to trick Cheung Mo Gei into revealing the whereabouts of Golden-Haired Lion King Tse Tsun in HSDS, practiced the 1 Yeung Finger Technique, but their skill at this technique was very weak compared to their predecessors.

What about skills like Hua Gong DaFa and BeiMing Shen Gong which later became XiXing DaFa?

Does that count ?

no because although similar it's still a different kung fu, bei ing is much more effective. and less self damnging while hua gong does bot suck it erases.

18 Dragon Palms (HL18Z) it's still exist in Qing Dynasty.

are u sure about that ? never heard that someone ever used HL18Z in jing dinasty era.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Default HYS skills survived

If my memory served me right, HYS's Divine Flicking survived in Xia Ke Xing novel. One fella know as Xia Yan Ke practiced this Divine Flicking and reimpoved this skill into Blue Needle Claw(If my translation on this technique is correct ). HYS was also mention in XKX but he was just known as "a martial scholar of Peach Blossom Island who invented Divine Flicking.

Correct me if I am wrong
    Swordsmanship’s Ultimate Ideal

Swordsmanship’s first achievement is the unify of man and sword. Once this unity is attained, even a blade of grass can be a weapon

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart, when absent from one's hand. One can strike an enemy at 100 paces even with bare hands

Swordsmanship’s ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world

-Broken Sword- , Hero

Quote Originally Posted by superboy
    If we consider YJJ, which was created by damo in Jin Yon's novel, it lasted for about 2000 years right?
    Damo, in real life, only came to Shaolin around 539 a.d during the Southern and Northern dynasty (think its pinyin is Nan ___ and Bei Wei) sorry not really good a t pinyin. I think YJJ was last time mention is in DOMD during the era of the Kang Xi, 3rd emperor of Qing dynasty (1662 - 1722). So it should be from 539a.d. to 1722a.d. which YJJ life should be about 1183. even if we were to say it existed today in realife(it would be 2004-539=1465year old), we are not even sure that the realife YJJ is created by Damo himself. I think the first record of YJJ is during the Ming Dynasty

I think the longest existing martial art in JY is the Yueh Maiden Sword which existed in the during the time of the Spring and Winter Warring State. It is around the 500b.c. The last person to learn Yueh Maiden is GJ, and he died at the end of the Southern Song Dynasty which around the 1200a.d. So this sword technique lived to about 1700 year old.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 09-12-04 at 09:36 AM.

HYS was also mention in XKX but he was just known as "a martial scholar of Peach Blossom Island who invented Divine Flicking.
    I don't remember Huang Yaoshi ever mentioned in Ode to Gallantry, but it's been a while since I read it...
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan
    The last person to learn Yueh Maiden is GJ, and he died at the end of the Southern Song Dynasty which around the 1200a.d. So this sword technique lived to about 1700 year old.
    Actually, Gwok Jing's death occured in A.D. 1273...when Seung Yeung Fortress fell to the Mongols.

It's also not certain that he was the last practitioner of the Yueh Maiden Sword Technique. This technique was quite commonly known and practiced among martial artists, I believe. Over in Gu Long's universe, one of the four Imperial Guardsmen in LUK SIU FUNG: THE DUEL was a master of this sword technique, and he lived during the Ming Dynasty.