Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fact that XF got more strength than the Greats?

My best suggestion is to read the book. Out of the people who actually read the books, only a fairly small minority contend that Xiao Feng is not stronger than the people in LOCH/ROCH.

dont know anything about DGSD i tried to start it but got hooked on ROCH so im not gonna argue wit u cause you'll proboaly drop me pretty quick....but eventually there will be an expert that can level this...hopefully
    Bring it on. I thought this example I brought out was pretty convincing. Muahahahaha
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

originally posted by superboyDoes that prove that XF is at least physically more powerful than a Great?
    he was described to have a pretty impressive physical build.[/quote]

originally posted by superboyAlso wanted to add that this may prove that XF may have more internal energy than GLFW and YG. YG's and GLFW's internal energy were a very agressive type. Meaning that even if an opponent has the same internal energy as they do, their strikes are still much more powerful in terms of raw strength. XF practices just Shaolin internal energy. While still mostly yang, cannot be compare to the agressiveness of GLFW's Dragon and Elephant Wisdom Dexterity and YG's tital cultivation method. Yet, he was still able to pull out a fist with equal strength of GLFW's Dragon and Elephant Wisdom Dexterity. Therefore, does this prove that XF has more energy which gave him the ability to proform the same feat with a less agressive type of energy?
    well, physical build & mentality does have an effect on aggressiveness. And what exactly is wrong w/ shaolin internal arts….who said it would be less “aggressive” or “yang” than elephant-whatever practice and water cultivation?

I think this is mainly due to the way that it was described in the book. Shaolin internal energy were never described to be agressive, while the nook described YG's internal energy as so for many occassions. And GLFW's internal energy is as agressive too i think. I don't think I am convinced that the physique of XF can contribute that much. Also, 'agressive' doesn't mean yang.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

There is no straight answer provided by JY.

I just rationalise it as Shaolin having really good basics (like Chuen Zhen's basic techniques). In the hands of a talented fighter, these basic but solid foundations seem to do wonders.
    Look at sweeper monk. Seems like Shaolin basics can be scaled to incredible levels when in the correct hands.

GJ with 2 years + of _basic_ Chuen Zhen cultivation could learn Dragon Palms. Xiao Feng has 20+ years of basic Shaolin cultivation. Not stated if Wang Jian Tong taught him inner power methods as well.

Plus Xiao Feng seems to have fought a lot, including people with higher techniques and inner power. And he whupped their asses.

If you look at YG and GJ, they might have fought, but not more then 20 real fights each in the whole LOCH/ROCH against worthy fighters in life and death contests. If we imagine that Xiao Feng from his teenage years started life and death brawls till 30, maybe he had hundreds and hundreds of fights which pushed his limits higher and higher.

In any case, I belong to the Xiao Feng is #1 camp. JY has never described any other fighter like he glorified Xiao Feng's talents.

e.g. JY described him as beating people with better skills and/or inner strength so convincingly they never dared to have a re-match.

And he was also described as having incredible hidden potential which surges forth when pressed hard.

And to perform basic skills to such an advanced level that he can thump people using advanced fancy techniques.
    Last edited by CC; 03-14-04 at 06:19 AM.

i dont know anything about DGSD i tried to start it but got hooked on ROCH so im not gonna argue wit u cause you'll proboaly drop me pretty quick....but eventually there will be an expert that can level this...hopefully by the way SB i dont hate GJ i like him just as much as YG mayb more...but for the sake of defending YG GJ could be lower then WYS also and u cant prove other wise except from ZBT perception..............muahahahahhaha
    Never say it's not possible, but very highly to be impossible.

Originally posted by CC
    There is no straight answer provided by JY.

I just rationalise it as Shaolin having really good basics (like Chuen Zhen's basic techniques). In the hands of a talented fighter, these basic but solid foundations seem to do wonders.
    Look at sweeper monk. Seems like Shaolin basics can be scaled to incredible levels when in the correct hands.

GJ with 2 years + of _basic_ Chuen Zhen cultivation could learn Dragon Palms. Xiao Feng has 20+ years of basic Shaolin cultivation. Not stated if Wang Jian Tong taught him inner power methods as well.

Plus Xiao Feng seems to have fought a lot, including people with higher techniques and inner power. And he whupped their asses.

If you look at YG and GJ, they might have fought, but not more then 20 real fights each in the whole LOCH/ROCH against worthy fighters in life and death contests. If we imagine that Xiao Feng from his teenage years started life and death brawls till 30, maybe he had hundreds and hundreds of fights which pushed his limits higher and higher.

In any case, I belong to the Xiao Feng is #1 camp. JY has never described any other fighter like he glorified Xiao Feng's talents.

e.g. JY described him as beating people with better skills and/or inner strength so convincingly they never dared to have a re-match.

And he was also described as having incredible hidden potential which surges forth when pressed hard.

And to perform basic skills to such an advanced level that he can thump people using advanced fancy techniques.
    To summarize, XF is just badass #1

Anyway, to all those XF doubters out there, heres my argument.

Imagine JY didnt write books but made movies. Imagine that he made a movie about the Condor trilogy and in it it showed that GJ managed to level an entire office block with a palm blast. Imagine then JY made a movie about DGSD. And in that movie XF was able to level Manhattan with a palm blast. So after watching these films who would you reckon to be more powerful? XF? or GJ?

In summary thats why we believe XF is THAT powerful because JY described him to be, and in comparison to those in LOCH or ROCH they pale in comparison.

(Ok, I exagerated on the levelling Manhattan bit....but you get the point)

So since now that we know XF has more power than the Greats, does anyone disagree that other people at XF's level, which are XYS, MRB, JMZ, are also more powerful than a Great?

Originally posted by superboy
    So since now that we know XF has more power than the Greats, does anyone disagree that other people at XF's level, which are XYS, MRB, JMZ, are also more powerful than a Great?
    To put what superboy said in more direct terms, those Condor trilogy fans can shove their pansy arguments up their @$##

Jokes aside, XYS, MRB, JMZ and not forgetting DY and XZ are greater than greats. And consider MRF, DCC and YTZ about equal to greats and Heck even the dude with the crutches.

Originally posted by Xiao Feng
    And consider MRF, DCC and YTZ about equal to greats and Heck even the dude with the crutches.
    LOL
    Yo momma cat

GJ palms were not suppose to reveal huge amounts of power they were disquised as being soft they didnt even realease huge amounts of chi wind but dont underestimate the power behind them. JY described his stances as being light and even fraile, but there was incredible power behind them. .Each level(13levels) unleashed hard and unyielding force.JY described the palms as being able to overcome any force. This was the description given way b4 GJ prime.I know Qiao feng is powerful but dont diss GJ like that because he dosent blast GWM,YG or QF like chi from his palms. he made the palms like that from the theories of 9yin whose to say that QF unrelenting yang techs are better than GJ conserbitive? IF he had when all out blasting palms at mongo camp he would have ran out of energy and died.

And shove what up my *** man? 5 bucks says id lay u down in 2secs. DY would have a hard time defeating a common solider when his 6msj not working so i have a hard time beliving he could =great. MRF= greats thats a joke the only thing ive read about him is from the battle from shaolin and he looks like a wimp if u think he could defeat any greats u better pick up your copy of ROCH and start reading it over again.He reminds me of a young YG with weak inner power where would he be without all his fancy techniques i doubt 5 of him could take one QF. I dont know sh!t about DGSD ill admit it but when i hear this SH!t from these arrogant DGSD fans about how powerful DGSD guys are it pisses the hell outta me. Yeah QF is proboally>greats but by that much ???come on. We know when he throws out a fist he can=GWM ultimate attack. But to say he could put that much power into a punch without innerpower would just be stupid. YG matched palms without the full power of sad palms. Im assuming that GWM threw his whole elephant dragon technique into that attack im positive YG put everything he had into that palm. So its proboally safe to assume YG can unleash a palm without full power of SP and still unleash around 1000 jin into that attack.
    We can assume QF can unleash more force with dragon palms but so can YG with sadpalms. Im not saying SP is superior to QF DP im impressed with alot of the things QF does but to compare freats to the level of these second tire fighters? PLZ most of them have MAJOR flaws with their fighting abilities(weak technique,or inner power, or expirence even mixes of them) while all the greats are solid all around fighters at the highest level in all catagories.
    Another thing i noticed is the reputation 1yang finger has in DGSD its too bad no one learned it to the ultimate level which 1deng had so we could see what a real great would do with it in DGSD. DY dad's pathetic display was embarrasing to read about i doubt he could defeat one of 1dengs students.

my view QF>GJ>YG
    by slight margins
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 03-15-04 at 11:37 PM.

Now now lets all take a chill pill However that post about Murong Fu = The Greats really was funny.
    Yo momma cat

Originally posted by Xiao Feng
    To put what superboy said in more direct terms, those Condor trilogy fans can shove their pansy arguments up their @$##

Jokes aside, XYS, MRB, JMZ and not forgetting DY and XZ are greater than greats. And consider MRF, DCC and YTZ about equal to greats and Heck even the dude with the crutches.
    The 'guy with the crutches', Ding Chunqiu, kicked the crap outta MRF.

Thats my edited post MM wayne.....is that your pic on your avatar?
    thats the first time i noticed that..my eyes must be playin tricks on me cause it always looked like a animation b4.

I also think XF>GJ>YG. I can't really say for sure that he will be better than 56 years old GJ, but i thought he should be a bit more than slightly stronger than YG. Mainly it was because he was able to pack the power in his punch, but without the agressive type of internal energy, which is why I think he has a significantly larger amount of internal energy. Also taken to acount that he never lost a battle before even when he fought experts that are stronger than him since he entered wulin. That was something YG was not able to do. Thus, he achieved such great power at age 31-32 with just shaolin internal energy. No super luck of any kinds. PLus the fact he got two arms too. So those're my reasons.

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    The 'guy with the crutches', Ding Chunqiu, kicked the crap outta MRF.
    I don't think he kicked the crap out of MRF right?

Originally posted by duguxiaojing
    GJ palms were not suppose to reveal huge amounts of power they were disquised as being soft they didnt even realease huge amounts of chi wind but dont underestimate the power behind them. JY described his stances as being light and even fraile, but there was incredible power behind them. .Each level(13levels) unleashed hard and unyielding force.JY described the palms as being able to overcome any force. This was the description given way b4 GJ prime.I know Qiao feng is powerful but dont diss GJ like that because he dosent blast GWM,YG or QF like chi from his palms. he made the palms like that from the theories of 9yin whose to say that QF unrelenting yang techs are better than GJ conserbitive? IF he had when all out blasting palms at mongo camp he would have ran out of energy and died.

And shove what up my *** man? 5 bucks says id lay u down in 2secs. DY would have a hard time defeating a common solider when his 6msj not working so i have a hard time beliving he could =great. MRF= greats thats a joke the only thing ive read about him is from the battle from shaolin and he looks like a wimp if u think he could defeat any greats u better pick up your copy of ROCH and start reading it over again.He reminds me of a young YG with weak inner power where would he be without all his fancy techniques i doubt 5 of him could take one QF. I dont know sh!t about DGSD ill admit it but when i hear this SH!t from these arrogant DGSD fans about how powerful DGSD guys are it pisses the hell outta me. Yeah QF is proboally>greats but by that much ???come on. We know when he throws out a fist he can=GWM ultimate attack. But to say he could put that much power into a punch without innerpower would just be stupid. YG matched palms without the full power of sad palms. Im assuming that GWM threw his whole elephant dragon technique into that attack im positive YG put everything he had into that palm. So its proboally safe to assume YG can unleash a palm without full power of SP and still unleash around 1000 jin into that attack.
    We can assume QF can unleash more force with dragon palms but so can YG with sadpalms. Im not saying SP is superior to QF DP im impressed with alot of the things QF does but to compare freats to the level of these second tire fighters? PLZ most of them have MAJOR flaws with their fighting abilities(weak technique,or inner power, or expirence even mixes of them) while all the greats are solid all around fighters at the highest level in all catagories.
    Another thing i noticed is the reputation 1yang finger has in DGSD its too bad no one learned it to the ultimate level which 1deng had so we could see what a real great would do with it in DGSD. DY dad's pathetic display was embarrasing to read about i doubt he could defeat one of 1dengs students.

my view QF>GJ>YG
    by slight margins
    Dude, you really need to chill. Noticed that when i said shove their arguments up their @$## I put a there. Means I said it in jest so relax.

And this is a forum so everyone is entitled to post their opinions.

And the point about DY's 6MSJ not working all the time doesn't wash. Heck YG's Sad Palms doesn't work all the time so whats your point? Compare them at their best and DY would layeth the smacketh down on all of the greats. Which would then probably make him stronger still thanks to BMSG.

Comparing MRF with a young YG with weak inner power is totally wrong. MRF is a pretty capable fighter with strong inner power comparable to a great (which is my opinion BTW...its not the gospel so you can disagree) and he has knowledge of many many skills. He only appears weak cause he was on the scale againt heavyweights...guys like XF, XYS, MRB, JMZ, XZ and to a lesser extent DY.

The dude with the crutches i mentioned has pretty profound knowledge of 1YZ I believe.

And dude, you really need to read DGSD before you pass jedgement so easily. Most of the ppl I know that have knowledge of both DGSD and Condor trilogy also believe the superiority of the fighters in DGSD.

And refer my post 2 posts before this for my argument which I believe is quite ironclad simply because nobody I know has ever refuted it.

I wont argue 2 u about GJ and YG but at least u are reasonable. Talent aside any one who learns DP can b considered lucky. I will respect some one who can at least=9yin and Dugu training methods with simple shaolin inner power(is that really all he had on basic sLZ inner power?) not a knock against shaolin they are proboally as solid as QZ in terms of inner power(not including YZZ) but how many greats have SLZ produced?

Well, although I believe XF is stronger than a Great, I won't take the Greats of the Condor Trilogy likely neither. I do have my doubts about MRF can actually be at Great level. His internal energy probably won't fare very well. And DY may also not neccesay be at the level of a Great even if his attacks are working, since we don't know how he'll response if a long distant attack like YYZ or Divine Flicking Finger was throw to him. But I do agree that ZY does have a lot more internal energy than a Great at the end of DGSD.

Originally posted by duguxiaojing
    I wont argue 2 u about GJ and YG but at least u are reasonable. Talent aside any one who learns DP can b considered lucky. I will respect some one who can at least=9yin and Dugu training methods with simple shaolin inner power(is that really all he had on basic sLZ inner power?) not a knock against shaolin they are proboally as solid as QZ in terms of inner power(not including YZZ) but how many greats have SLZ produced?
    I think XF only have Shaolin inner power. I wouldn't say that it's a sucky one since his master is of high position. But also probably not that high since his master, who had much more cultivation than XF wasn't really comparible to XF's martial arts achievement. What I meant by not lucky is that unlike GJ, YG, ZWJ, XZ, DY, etc, XF got his martial arts with blood and sweat. The luckiest thing he had is his HL18Z, which is still only a cannon, not his overall martial arts. He never had any teachings from an elite fighter like how YG and GJ got from the Greats. He also have no super manual or cultivation method. And I don't think that any of the Greats came from Shaolin.