Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fact that XF got more strength than the Greats?

I disagree.

DYQ>MRF+4 assistants, I think that's pretty much unarguable.

Take out those 4 assistants, and, IMO, DYQ would've schooled MRF pretty hard.

I don't think MRF is that weak. He defeated DY's dad pretty easily. Did DYQ do any better? IF he was, he would have defeated DY's dad in a few moves.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Checked the novel:

Golden Wheel Monk's palm with Dragon Elephant Prana Art = almost 1000 jin

Xiao Feng's punch = 1000 jin

Yang Guo WITHOUT Sad Palms power = Golden Wheel Monk WITH Dragon Elephant Prana Art = almost 1000 jin

Yang Guo with the power of Sad Palms defeated Golden Wheel Monk easily.

對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

Originally posted by Laviathan
    Checked the novel:

Yang Guo WITHOUT Sad Palms power = Golden Wheel Monk WITH Dragon Elephant Prana Art = almost 1000 jin

Yang Guo with the power of Sad Palms defeated Golden Wheel Monk easily.

You. Did. Not. Just. Imply. That. Yeung. Gor. Can. Defeat. Kiu. Fung.

You didn't!

That was Xiao Feng's punch. That doesn't factor in

1. Accuracy and speed of the punch
    2. Number of punches per second that each fighter can throw
    3. Xiao Feng's palm attacks

If he can punch 1000 jin, his Dragon Palms should exceed that.

Originally posted by CC
    That was Xiao Feng's punch. That doesn't factor in

2. Number of punches per second that each fighter can throw
    3. Xiao Feng's palm attacks

If he can punch 1000 jin, his Dragon Palms should exceed that.
    1 & 2. The accuracy and speed of the punch was descirbed in detail in the novel.

3. Xiao Feng's palm attacks are tremendous

And I do believe Xiao Feng's palms can exceed 1000 jin, but so can Yang Guo's.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

Originally posted by Laviathan
    1 & 2. The accuracy and speed of the punch was descirbed in detail in the novel.

Relative.

I mean, 1000 jin can be compared to 1000 jin. But the accuracy and speed uses subjective terms like _in the blink of an eye_, before the enemy can move, fast like the wind etc etc. So pretty impossible to compare.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    You. Did. Not. Just. Imply. That. Yeung. Gor. Can. Defeat. Kiu. Fung.

You didn't!
    I believe it's possible.

But the one armed thing really weakens him sometimes, like against Left-Right technique.

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    I disagree.

DYQ>MRF+4 assistants, I think that's pretty much unarguable.

Take out those 4 assistants, and, IMO, DYQ would've schooled MRF pretty hard.
    Yeah, but my point is Yanqing didn't beat the crap out of MRF like you suggested. He would have beaten him if the fight continued (which it didn't), but still not as bad as you described in the previous posts.

Checked the novel:

Yang Guo with the power of Sad Palms defeated Golden Wheel Monk easily

That was my argument a while back against SB...YG either with a weakened sad palm or weaker palm tech could straight out match GWM in terms of palm strenth judging by that one stance they threw at each other.

believe it's possible.
    Yeah me too ....everyone can hate it if they want i think its possible. But about the one armed thing. Unless Gj's LR tech is far more superior then ZBT's then YG should not be at a disadvantage against anyone when using SP despite having only one arm. At certain times duirng their spar ZBT was forced backwards and was unable to counteratttack completely this (this was when YG started using SP). YG was never placed in a disadvantage even with LR tech when he used SP.

YG's "speed and accuray" should be lower as well if he's SPs powers are greatly weakedened or if he's using a lower grade palm technique right?
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 07-15-04 at 02:13 PM.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

That was my argument a while back against SB...YG either with a weakened sad palm or weaker palm tech could straight out match GWM in terms of palm strenth judging by that one stance they threw at each other.
    Yg with the weakened Sad Palms only had the advantage of stances though, not really power.

YG's "speed and accuray" should be lower as well if he's SPs powers are greatly weakedened or if he's using a lower grade palm technique right?
    I don't know about speed, but probably not accuracy right?

Yeah me too ....everyone can hate it if they want i think its possible. But about the one armed thing. Unless Gj's LR tech is far more superior then ZBT's then YG should not be at a disadvantage against anyone when using SP despite having only one arm. At certain times duirng their spar ZBT was forced backwards and was unable to counteratttack completely this (this was when YG started using SP). YG was never placed in a disadvantage even with LR tech when he used SP.
    Well, GJ's advantage is more stamina and robustness compare to ZBT. And ZBT stopped using L/R during the time he was placed in an disadvantage. Could this possible mean that ZBT is stronger than GLFW? Cuz I don't think a weakened Sad Palms can out match ZBT's L/R in stances like what YG did to GLFW.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Yg with the weakened Sad Palms only had the advantage of stances though, not really power.
    I dont wanna turn this into another Gj and YG debate ...but any ways. No Yg did not have an advantage it seemed from that one stance that they were equal. And it was stated that Yg did not want to compete palm strenths on the ladder. They were competing the strenth of their palms on the ladder during the first stance. And YG could match it. Read the description of the collison it was one stance and both were forced back violently making the ladder shake back and forth. You could say the whole fight BUT that one stance was competing in technique.

And ZBT stopped using L/R during the time he was placed in an disadvantage
    Possibly but it stated that ZBT used everything he had to block the attack. Also ZBT did use LR tech to fight YG's SP's.

I dont wanna turn this into another Gj and YG debate ...but any ways. No Yg did not have an advantage it seemed from that one stance that they were equal. And it was stated that Yg did not want to compete palm strenths on the ladder. They were competing the strenth of their palms on the ladder during the first stance. And YG could match it. Read the description of the collison it was one stance and both were forced back violently making the ladder shake back and forth. You could say the whole fight BUT that one stance was competing in technique.
    Yeah, I know. I'm just saying that I don't think a weakened Sad Palm can overpower GLFW.

Possibly but it stated that ZBT used everything he had to block the attack. Also ZBT did use LR tech to fight YG's SP's.
    He used L/R at the start, and once again for matching a stance of Sad Palms near the end. But I don't think he was using it when he was in the disadvantage stituation though. He was forced to use both hand to defend himself again, but it wasn't said to be L/R.

Originally posted by PJ
    I believe it's possible.
    There is always a possibility in everything, and I believe nobody is undefeatable/invincible. Heck, not even the Sweeper Monk is invincible IMHO. But to annoy YG's fans, I'll say it's impossible for YG to defeat XF

Is internal energy and palm technique the only thing that effect palm blasts? Because MYB was sort of impressed by XF's palm blast that was fired to him from afar, which caused him pain. He proabably knew that XF's energy isn't below his already from the earlier exchanged of move, but still was surprised that XF was that good when he did the palm blast.

Y are u so evil rabadi?

(By the way im not serious when i say that... if u dont know already...just want to make sure u know i seem to insult alot of people when i post... )

Originally posted by duguxiaojing
    just want to make sure u know i seem to insult alot of people when i post
    I already knew that j/k

hahahahhh funny..........i guess i really do need to fix my grammer

Originally posted by superboy
    Is internal energy and palm technique the only thing that effect palm blasts? Because MYB was sort of impressed by XF's palm blast that was fired to him from afar, which caused him pain. He proabably knew that XF's energy isn't below his already from the earlier exchanged of move, but still was surprised that XF was that good when he did the palm blast.
    In wuxia universe, I always thought people were kind of "slow" and "dumb" in their reactions. For this I can find a similar event: when Yi Deng, Huang Yaoshi and ZBT fought GWM, they knew very well his martial arts are on par with theirs. Later when YD and HYS sealed GWM's pressure point and GWM did not fall down right away, they still looked at each other amazed, as if to wonder "Oh my god, how could this monk possibly have so much strength?" when they already know about his strength from before.

But that was just minutes after the fight though. And it is true that they themselves do not have such strenght. But can MRB preform a long range blast as powerful as XF's?