View Poll Results: Who was the superior fighter?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwok Jing/Guo Jing

138 58.47%
  • Yeung Gor/Yang Guo

90 38.14%
  • Not Sure

8 3.39%
Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2244

Thread: The *Official* Gwok Jing vs. Yeung Gor Debate

Quote Originally Posted by shenlong View Post
    YG's palms multiplies in power, and when he demonstrated it to HYS he was still missing XLN. So if XLN were to die, YG's palms would greatly outmatch GJ's.
    If XLN died, GJ would automatically win because YG will commit suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
    If XLN died, GJ would automatically win because YG will commit suicide.
    Just because someone is dead, as long as GJ didn't kill him GJ doesn't win. For example, H7G died but you can't just say automatically he would lose to Chen Youliang because the latter lived 100+ years after H7G.

Just because someone is dead, as long as GJ didn't kill him GJ doesn't win. For example, H7G died but you can't just say automatically he would lose to Chen Youliang because the latter lived 100+ years after H7G.
    Granted, Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor at the end of ROCH were *way* closer to each other in overall martial arts level than North Beggar Hung 7 Gung and Chan Yau Leung...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Granted, Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor at the end of ROCH were *way* closer to each other in overall martial arts level than North Beggar Hung 7 Gung and Chan Yau Leung...
    Well I was just making an example and picked the first person of the top of my head from HSDS, and it happened to be CYL.

@Original Quote
    Oh, and yes I do realize you were making a joke , but I'm just saying.

I was talking on topic about GJ vs YG. That if they were in a fight and YG found out that XLN died, YG wouldn't increase his sad palm's power, he will be too sad and kill himself.

Funny thread

I give Guo Jing the edge. 9 Yin cultivation with his fierce 18 Palms should deliver a more consistent damage. In a normal fair fight, Guo Jing will come out on top...

However, if YG becomes really super duper sad, in theory YG can draw on his intense sad emotions and possibly overwhelm Guo Jing (maybe).

So the question is how exactly does YG convert his emotions into Qi.

If YG cannot become sad then Guo Jing overwhelms him. If YG manages average sadness then Guo Jing barely wins. If YG manages super sadness then YG wins. The case where YG wins is based on the assumption that there is no limit to his sad palm. In other words, we are assuming that his qi power output is proportional to his sadness and there is no upper limit or cap.

It all depends on the sadness->qi cultivation process of Yang Guo's Sad Palm. If there is an upper cap, then I give the edge to Guo Jing. If there is no upper cap or the upper cap is really high, then I give the edge to Yang Guo. So it all depends really.

To answer any of these debates we really have to get into the Qi-metaphysics of Wuxia which is a very complex area of study.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 06-12-07 at 06:02 PM.

Yang Guo loses link XLN loses to Huang Rong.

Quote Originally Posted by bigTEX View Post
    *bump* YG wins!
    Well, ladies and gentlemen, is it still any wonder why this thread doesn't die?

Talk about die hard...

Another Bump,

Palms - Guo Jing (he has a 2 to 1 palm edge in numbers also)

Sword - Yang Guo (has GJ ever used a sword?)

Archery - Guo Jing (no one else close)

Projectiles - Yang Guo (Divine Flicking Finger + Jade Bee Needles)

Lightness Kung Fu - PUSH

Intelligence and Cunning - Yang Guo, ya think?

Finest Honey - Yang Guo (When XLN walked into the Beggar's Clan Meet, everyone became speechless - yet HR was already there - so that pretty much sums up who was better looking)

Final Result - Yang Guo Wins 4-2

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    Another Bump,

Palms - Guo Jing (he has a 2 to 1 palm edge in numbers also)
    It's pretty evenly matched here. Yeung Gor's lack of a second arm wasn't helping him any, but it apparently didn't hurt him much either.

Sword - Yang Guo (has GJ ever used a sword?)
    Well, yes. Back in LOCH, Gwok Jing used a sword to fight West Poison Au Yeung Fung on one occassion quite effectively.

That said, Yeung Gor is better in this department; it's one of his specialities.

Yeah. They shouldn't even try competing in this, unless you add Gwok Jing's archery skills to the following:

Projectiles - Yang Guo (Divine Flicking Finger + Jade Bee Needles)
    No specific needle skills for Gwok Jing, so maybe his archery skills can come into play here, eh? Additionally, Gwok Jing knew the Divine Finger Snap Technique too, so that's a wash as well.

Lightness Kung Fu - PUSH
    Yeung Gor, probably. Ancient Tomb Sect specialty.

Intelligence and Cunning - Yang Guo, ya think?
    Probably, but you know something funny? When really cunning people go up against really stupid people, the cunning people sometimes end up outsmarting THEMSELVES, so who knows?

Finest Honey - Yang Guo (When XLN walked into the Beggar's Clan Meet, everyone became speechless - yet HR was already there - so that pretty much sums up who was better looking)
    Well, don't forget: not only was Little Dragon Girl younger, but it was the first time those people had seen her. Most of the folks gathered at the conference had known Wong Yung for years. Who knows what their first reactions to her might have been, eh?

Final Result - Yang Guo Wins 4-2
    You do the math for me; I suck at math.

Well, don't forget: not only was Little Dragon Girl younger, but it was the first time those people had seen her before. Most of the folks gatehred at the conference had known Wong Yung for years. Who knows what their first reactions to her might have been, eh?

You do the math for me; I suck at math.
    Trying a lil too hard .. in NON-meticulous form of anlyazation, XLN looks the saem from 20 to 50. So that argument is invalid.. however i will go along with the fact that it was their first look for XLN.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    If you think about it, neutralizing is as good as equaling.

YG used the mighty power of his palms to send the henchmen over. HYS flicks a pebble which completely stops the henchmen deadstill and they drop straight down.

That can only rate as incredible in my book.
    Actually HYS didn't use a pebble at all in this exchange... He used finger energy.

But anyway, this story was good. Why wasn't it finished?
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by sixdays View Post

i 100% agree with you, which was my point earlier also. still, YG created something that's as fierce as XL18Z, for crying out loud. man, that sure is something.
    I think of it this way. HYS mentioned that only GJ could match the fierceness and force of YG's palms. This means that they should be about equal. HYS managed to neutralize it with his Divine Finger Flick, but bear in mind that different martial arts have different attributes. For all we know, YG and HYS could also be equal but HYS's Divine Finger Flick had a certain attribute or effect that allowed him to neutralize YG's Sad Palms.

We cannot exactly rate YG through this exchange with HYS.
    Last edited by kwekmh; 08-19-07 at 12:59 AM.

GJ tried to get to GX to save her, but couldn't....YG did. GJ tried to kill the Mongol emperor but couldn't....YG did. I think the only way you can compare heroes is either to compare common opponents or their acheivements. I also seem to recall that YG was the only greats-level hero who actually traded palms (strength for strength) with JLFW after he reached the highest level of the EWDT, the rest didn't dare to do so (or at least YD and ZBT). If you look at YG's feats during the last 5 chapters of ROCH, I think there's a lot of evidence that Jin Yong intended for his abilities to surpass that of every other great.

GJ tried to get to GX to save her, but couldn't....YG did. GJ tried to kill the Mongol emperor but couldn't....YG did. I think the only way you can compare heroes is either to compare common opponents or their acheivements. I also seem to recall that YG was the only greats-level hero who actually traded palms (strength for strength) with JLFW after he reached the highest level of the EWDT.
    Without taking away from what Yeung Gor did accomplish, weren't those two achievements also dependent on opportunity as much as they were on ability? Yeung Gor was able to rescue Gwok Seung because he was able to get around the Mongol army, whose attention was elsewhere (i.e. Gwok Jing and his allies), to face the Golden Wheel Monk down. Yeung Gor had this opportunity because nobody expected that he would be there.

Another Bump,

Using Archery? Might as well compare ability to Clap.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

LOL.....@CC's post

RE:KCHILL

Ya Ken pretty much said everything... GJ got very very close with the formation and he was pretty much at the foot of the tower.. He could have went up but instead turned the army back to save XY.

YG also had the advantage with the divine condor who got rid of the arrows. Good old plot devive alos played a factor as well.....
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

If only JY explicitly states who is better, then finally one group of supporters will get utterly pwned. How I wish that would happen...

Nah, then people will start talking about how JY is wrong and how the evidence in the book contradicts JY.

It won't stop them for even half a minute.

True, but it'll still be a big blow or boost to one of the supporting groups.