View Poll Results: Who was the superior fighter?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwok Jing/Guo Jing

138 58.47%
  • Yeung Gor/Yang Guo

90 38.14%
  • Not Sure

8 3.39%
Page 46 of 113 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast

Thread: The *Official* Gwok Jing vs. Yeung Gor Debate

"ZWJ had mastered 9 Yang, and his internal energy amazes anyone. His experience is another experieance, but I'm talking about his internal energy. I think that his display of internal energy is very impressive. Why do you think that it's nothing special?
    very impressive. Why do you think that it's nothing special?
    ZWJ had mastered 9 Yang, and his internal energy amazes anyone. His experience is another experieance, but I'm talking about his internal energy. I think that his display of internal energy is very impressive. Why do you think that it's nothing special? The people being weaker shouldn't degrade his level. Most people agree is energy is very powerful. And can you be more explicit on JY's statment about the Greats etc?

And L/R tech can be very practical in a fight. It's the main reason that ZBT was able to beat QQR, to the point that he is planning to commit suicide.
    The people being weaker shouldn't degrade his level. Most people agree is energy is very powerful. And can you be more explicit on JY's statment about the Greats etc?

And L/R tech can be very practical in a fight. It's the main reason that ZBT was able to beat QQR, to the point that he is planning to commit suicide.
    l. And can you be more explicit on JY's statment about the Greats etc?

And L/R tech can be very practical in a fight. It's the main reason that ZBT was able to beat QQR, to the point that he is planning to commit suicide."

I never said i believed WJ's inner power is nothing special i said that he's inner power is = to greats thats saying a heck of alot. The line your asking about is the same line we were talking about before when Z3F feels Wj's inner power entering his palms its a few pages back. The line states that in Z3f's life of all his aquintances only Gj,JY, and few others ect had reached this level. Notice how JY assosiates all the fighters inner power to a certain level and does not state Wj's to be more powerful. In my opinion of all the greats one might be more profound or robust but in the end they are all in the same level of wj and 3F. which was stated by JY himself so you cant say 3f is misinterperting.

The people being weaker shouldn't degrade his level.
    No it shouldnt but it does make him look a heck of alot more impressive and according to the book his inner power level was equal(my interpetaion) actually more like at the same level to other greats so i believe the other greats should be able to do the same feats he was doing as well. Plz dont give me the they're to old thing here they are not fighting GJ in this situatuion but second tier fighters who may not have been able to beat WJ's grandpa(eagle king) had he not been hurt+wasted all his energy.

Another thing u can look at is the fact that WJ defeated all these fighters with inner power = or around level of greats but with techniques he has not mastered to the highest level which would not be the case if u had anyone of the greats in his position.

i did not say WJ had weak inner power im just saying he is fighting against second tier fighters remember how stupid WYS mad LMC look same type of thing? Had they all ganged up on him he would of lost but one one one or even 4on one his inner power allows him to smash every1 he fights. If he had been fighting say the 7disciples of QZ all at once he would not have been able to just beat them up and show his superiority. Again my point is that no one in that generation had WJ and 3f's level of the inner powre(great level) that was obvious by how shocked everyone was but his feats.

chapter 3 most likely? it's when YG was still on peach island
    yeah its in beggining mid if i remember correctly YG is actually able to reach a new level of inner power (if i rememer correctly) using the dangerous frog stance. I dont remember YG learning CM inner power tech from OYF though possibly my version is diffrent from TH's viet version?
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 05-13-04 at 12:30 AM.

Cool Comments

JueYuan's "abundance" is compared to YG's howl [not the YingGu version] and not GJ's; only GJ's profoundness is compared to JY's. Proof:
    Suddenly hears in the mountainside a person to shout to clear the way: "Borrows the book not also two friends, asks this present existence to meet!" These two drink the sound only to shake Man Shanjie the sound, reveals is the endogenic force abundant side, although the overwhelming power is not soaring, but skill pure, unexpectedly is not the weak Yu Yang Guo long and loud cry. Yang one startled, thought: "In the world unexpectedly still had this kind of master, I actually did not know!" He slightly stretches the body forward, toward shouts out sound transmitting place to look, under the moonlight only sees the ash shade fast not to have roentgen to rush together climbs mountains. Crossed a meeting, looked the clear ash shade Chinese Communist Party has two people, an ash gown Buddhist priest, is taking along a youth. Deep and clear, the Yin two people shrink the body in the long thick patch of grass, continually the atmosphere does not dare thoroughly a tone. Yang Guo saw that Buddhist priest's personal appearance step, secretly expresses admiration: "This person's light merit not necessarily in Long Er and above me, but in the hand has pulled a youth, between this steep mountain cliff walk as if flying, the endogenic force is unexpectedly deep, unexpectedly may with a lamp master, Uncle Guo be a worthy opponent.
    Comment:
    1. JueYuan only trained "two years" on 9Yang and ZWJ trained around 8(?) years. One major component on improvement: enlightenment.

1. Perhaps qi doesn’t slow down in real life. But also remember that in real life, not even Olympic gold medalists can jump 20 feet high in the air without even having to run. Or can you touch ppl and suck the energy out of them. So if 9 yin really reflects real life, please tell me, I’m going to start memorizing those lines from now on and maybe I’ll get somewhere too!
    2. QQJ has more internal energy than his 6th brother…you don’t know how he compares to ma yu in terms of energy only. But, I thought you always took talent into consideration….QQJ being better than Chi Da Tong has nothing to do with the idea that one can slow down in improvement, now does it?
    3. So what if he trained hard? I still don’t know what you are trying to point at. I never said hard work and talents do not affect improvement rates, and having these two factors present has nothing to do with the idea that one’s improvement RATE can decrease.
    4. From someone who agrees that ppl like Yin Zhi Ping is about 10% of a Great, I don’t find it hard to think why ppl can’t have major gaps even with a slowing down in improvement.
    5. PERSONALLY, I do…b/c JY is sexist like that. IF you don’t want to believe it…fine. But there are many other reasons why HR is portrayed weaker. And, like I said before, HR doesn’t train, I didn’t say training does affect a person’s progress, now did I?

1. You also should remember that using this as a refereance is more plausible than "nothing" at all.
    2. Perhaps you should read that part yourself instead of coming up withth ideasw tihout much proof just to agrue with me. No direct comparison with MY, but gave us a pretty good idea where his energy stands.
    3. Possiblit you don't see it because you're seeing things to one sided, or perhaps you don't want to admit.
    4. From a person that though YZP have 30%, I don't think you would think training his very useful neither.
    5. This is why I said that HR's lag was due to lack of training. And this should be good enough to prove that your "theory" doesn't really work because HR's power was not that powerful even after she mastered it. Why should I believe that HR is weaker when you again used no support? No actual evidence is find, but reasons are the minimum requirement. JY does not make girls all that strong, but then he do it in a logical way like saying she lack talent or HR does not train. And first you cliam it is physical hinderance, what about that now? Wrong?

Yes…technically, it is highly likely that superior energy cultivation method improves faster and may not slow down as much. But, you have only taken half of the “idea” of mastery.

However, as you have mentioned before, GLFW had some 10+ years less cultivation than a Great, but still manages to be equal to them before the 16 years. 16 years later, he comes back, with harder training, but still manages to be somewhat equal to YiDeng in terms of internal energy. Yi Deng had only gotten part of 9 yin (the part in sankrit) but I don’t think GJ and HR gave him the full 9 yin. In order to practice complete 9 yin, one needs to understand both Chinese and sankrit. ZBT unconsciously practice Chinese 9 yin and rose from a level below the Greats to about their level in 15 years. Perhaps it is because he trained harder than normal, but he only mentioned that he completed in 15 years what he would’ve done in 20 years. Even if you say he improved twice as hard during his stay on peach island, in 36+ years, he should’ve gone at least another level beyond the Greats (HYS in this case). However, as we observe at the end of ROCH, he is not.
    Perhaps I only taken half of the theory because you never told me the whole thing. May you be so kind and rectify me so people won't think that you're just adding more things in your theory without us noticing?

GLFW being a model for this is not correct. It's because his Dragon Elephant Sultra Cultivation actually have levels to it. And he never actually ?mastered" it. So he will not be a good example. Plus, he con't overpower a Great in normal combat at the start, but later on he can. YG was surprised by his improvements, not about the other Greats, so what do you think? So the point is GLFW"s internal cultivation that becomes harder after each level and not being fully mastered yet should not be use as a comparison to 9 Yin. And also, where is it are you taking information of that you need the other part of 9 Yin? Since no incorperations are needed for the sankirt part, then it should work at least the same. Yi Deng did reconvered his energy 20 times faster than he would normally do.

I think the difference here is that when I say “I don’t need to prove it”…I don’t. I don’t need to PROOVE the idea of “mastery” because it is not my EVIDENCE. Evidence already shows the decrease in GJ’s improvement rate and the decrease in ZBT’s rate whom both practiced in Taoist internal energy. But, you must PROOVE that GJ’s rate stayed the same because that is your EVIDENCE that GJ should be beyond the Greats in terms of internal energy amount, unless you have other, more solid evidence?

REGARDING HUANG RONG (totally non related to GJ vs. YG)
    Yes, I do think if she tried and worked her *** off like GJ did, she would be better than everyone else. I’ve roughly calculated this for you before. For example (roughly), just say art, work, and talent each takes 1/3 of the measure of success in overall martial arts. HR is a 100% in art, 90% in talent, 40% in work, that gives her roughly 76.6% success. GJ has 100% in art, 50% in talent, and 100% in work. That gives him about 83.3% success. Now, divide HR over GJ, you get that she is about 92% of GJ…and if personally find nothing wrong with that. Since internal energy doesn’t take that much intelligence, then HR may not be so much more talented than GJ in that field, and may have slightly less than 90% but her technique will make up more than enough for it. Now, if HR trained hard…she’d have a 96.6% success…that is much more than GJ, isn’t it? So how have I contradicted myself regarding to HR and intelligence affecting the talents of learning martial arts?
    Let me make it clear why your theory needs more evidence. Because GJ's slowing down is just "one" person. Lets say I see a Africa American robbing, so now all black are robbers? So are these your "EVIDENCE"? Plus, why did JY not even mention it one time ever about something this important. And also remember that my "bad adjustment" theory is just a plausible as yours, and even more if everyone else improves linear like before. So you will need more than just one person. I also suggest that you use people thatn't isn't the main of the story so it can be more reliable.

Also, your calculation got some problems.................
    Because HR definitely have less than 92% of GJ's energy. I don't believe GLFW would be able to push GJ back so fast like what he did to HR> And I don't believe it is due to her gender cause GLFW is a 70 something year old man after all, and we don't need top take about the Greats.

well, looks like no one is replying to you on this yet…looks like they ignored it and pulled a superboy j/k j/k. But hey, you can always ask those two complainers of mine to post for you…since they did take the effort to pm you, rite?
    That would be good, because they do not bash me anymore for this comment about you. And also, the two person that complained about you didn't want to be relate with this. Asked them long ago.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by philip
    apparently, as stated by other members on this forum, profoundess and abudance are not the same thing.
    profoundness is, i think, described by the works "sheng" (deep) and "hou" (thick) and "chun" (pure), while when Yi deng comments on YG, he uses "chong pei" meaning abundance

If GJ AND 1Deng were compared to JueYuan...then there there can only be a common factor. Since yi deng is not as robust as GJ, YG CANNOT be comparing the robustness of GJ to Jue Yuan, now can he? If YG is comparing abundance (although i don't think), then it cannot mean that JY, GJ, or 1Deng have any less or any more than the other.

1Deng only got the sankrit version of 9 yin. To know all of 9yin, one needs to know both chinese and sankrit. But either case, I do not believe HYS has any less internal energy amount than 1Deng although less profound.
    But to me, it seems that "sheng hou" is the same. I think that is refering to the amount of energy that you have. Or what else does it mean? Especially the "hou" that means "thickness". Combined with deep, could it possible mean something else? And can you translate each of the pinyi "chong" "pei" seperately. Cause I'm not a manderin guy.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Default Re: Comments

Originally posted by Anonymous
    JueYuan's "abundance" is compared to YG's howl [not the YingGu version] and not GJ's; only GJ's profoundness is compared to JY's. Proof:

Comment:
    1. JueYuan only trained "two years" on 9Yang and ZWJ trained around 8(?) years. One major component on improvement: enlightenment.
    Actually, JueYuan trained 9 Yang for decades, not 2 years.

Well he was pretty shocked by all the greats level of ability actually wether it was martial arts as a whole or inner power wise.

That would be good, because they do not bash me anymore for this comment about you. And also, the two person that complained about you didn't want to be relate with this. Asked them long ago.
    cus no one wants to be directly invovled in u 2's beef.

1. You also should remember that using this as a refereance is more plausible than "nothing" at all.
    2. Perhaps you should read that part yourself instead of coming up withth ideasw tihout much proof just to agrue with me. No direct comparison with MY, but gave us a pretty good idea where his energy stands.
    3. Possiblit you don't see it because you're seeing things to one sided, or perhaps you don't want to admit.
    4. From a person that though YZP have 30%, I don't think you would think training his very useful neither.
    5. This is why I said that HR's lag was due to lack of training. And this should be good enough to prove that your "theory" doesn't really work because HR's power was not that powerful even after she mastered it. Why should I believe that HR is weaker when you again used no support? No actual evidence is find, but reasons are the minimum requirement. JY does not make girls all that strong, but then he do it in a logical way like saying she lack talent or HR does not train. And first you cliam it is physical hinderance, what about that now? Wrong?
    1. oh really? So technically, it¡¯s possible for us to jump 20 feet high in the air w/o outside forces cuz we can use JY works as a reference, eh? Two, you say say qigong books¡_now do these books reflect the 9yin training, peach island training, or camel mountain training?
    2. How does his energy stand? We only know QCJ is better at martial arts, but how does he compare to MY in terms of internal energy?
    3. then explain how training hard being a factor in any way ¡°disproves¡± the idea that one can slow down in improvement?
    4. YZP being 30% was only a rough example estimate of mine. But hey, if you think it¡¯s more likely he¡¯s 10%¡_I don¡¯t mind going with you. And really, 10% of a great is still A LOT of energy.
    5. I think there is physical hindrance (mainly cuz JY is sexist)¡_if you don¡¯t want to believe it¡_fine. But you still can¡¯t disprove it and say it¡¯s wrong. JY mentioned how HR being female, and physically weaker, worked against her when fighting OYK, how GLFW, YKX, etc. felt shameful when they fought XLN, most guys chars don¡¯t want to fight girl chars¡_why? Cuz they¡¯re ¡°supposedly¡± physically weaker. And HR was very powerful¡_.by 28/29 she was probably the best female out there and probably only below ppl of the Greats level. She can match OYF w/o any sign of loss.

Perhaps I only taken half of the theory because you never told me the whole thing. May you be so kind and rectify me so people won't think that you're just adding more things in your theory without us noticing?

GLFW being a model for this is not correct. It's because his Dragon Elephant Sultra Cultivation actually have levels to it. And he never actually ?mastered" it. So he will not be a good example. Plus, he con't overpower a Great in normal combat at the start, but later on he can. YG was surprised by his improvements, not about the other Greats, so what do you think? So the point is GLFW"s internal cultivation that becomes harder after each level and not being fully mastered yet should not be use as a comparison to 9 Yin. And also, where is it are you taking information of that you need the other part of 9 Yin? Since no incorperations are needed for the sankirt part, then it should work at least the same. Yi Deng did reconvered his energy 20 times faster than he would normally do.
    perhaps you only got HALF the theory b/c you decided to IGNORE the other half. I think a two or three pages ago, I even broke it down to two sections for you. One is that after the completion of an art, the improvement rate may slow down. The other half is that at great levels¡_it becomes harder to improve (hence more effort to seeks same improvement so if you apply same effort, less improvement).

First, GJ, YG, ZBT, and GLFW are all examples. Second, even if GJ is the only one¡_it doesn¡¯t matter. WE are proving GJ¡¯s rate, aren¡¯t we? YG was surprise by GLFW¡¯s improvement b/c he felt that 16 years ago, he could beat GLFW, and thought he could continue beating the guy. YG never fought any of the other Greats before the 16 years, now did he? GLFW¡¯s elephant-whatever art comes in levels yes. He can master each level, can¡¯t he? It¡¯s likely that he improved in jumps, like YG does w/ the torrents, snow, waves, etc. And where does it say that you need the other parts of 9 yin? Same chapter yi deng decides to translate the Sanskrit part for them. Go find it.

Let me make it clear why your theory needs more evidence. Because GJ's slowing down is just "one" person. Lets say I see a Africa American robbing, so now all black are robbers? So are these your "EVIDENCE"? Plus, why did JY not even mention it one time ever about something this important. And also remember that my "bad adjustment" theory is just a plausible as yours, and even more if everyone else improves linear like before. So you will need more than just one person. I also suggest that you use people thatn't isn't the main of the story so it can be more reliable.

Also, your calculation got some problems.................
    Because HR definitely have less than 92% of GJ's energy. I don't believe GLFW would be able to push GJ back so fast like what he did to HR> And I don't believe it is due to her gender cause GLFW is a 70 something year old man after all, and we don't need top take about the Greats.
    Like I said, I don¡¯t even need more than GJ¡_b/c we are debating on GJ. And in the condor trilogy, we see that YG slows, ZBT slows. The greats, I cannot tell b/c they didn¡¯t need to catch up to anyone. XLN and HR doesn¡¯t bother training, we can¡¯t tell and we know too little about the other characters. For the other books, they time period covered is too little. It¡¯s like if we only had YG¡¯s or GJ¡¯s two year adventure to read¡_we can¡¯t tell how he¡¯s does in the long term.
    HR is explianed in #5

But to me, it seems that "sheng hou" is the same. I think that is refering to the amount of energy that you have. Or what else does it mean? Especially the "hou" that means "thickness". Combined with deep, could it possible mean something else? And can you translate each of the pinyi "chong" "pei" seperately. Cause I'm not a manderin guy.
    But apparently, Yang Guo thinks yi deng¡¯s energy is more ¡°thick¡± (»ëºñ) than himself, while 1deng thinks YG¡¯s energy is more ¡°abundant¡± (³äÅæ) than himself. The comparison he uses on 1deng and GJ and JY is also ¡°deep¡± and ¡°thick¡± (Éîºñ). I¡¯m assuming ¡°deep thick¡± is referring to ¡°thick¡± rather than ¡°abundant¡±¡_unless it is referring to an entirely new category.

This is what duguxiaojing came up with just in case u skipped it.
    Intresting Anom i was thinking about that before. i think Deep and profound refined are similar. While abundant and amount are the same. Deep profound and refined means the quality of your inner power so as you age your inner power becomes more refined and deep(with some exceptions of super martial arts). But as you age your abundance or amount of inner power decerases. This would make sense too some proof would be 1deng,JY,Gj having more deep and profound inner power then YG. This would also explain how YG can have more abundant inner power but not as "deep" or profound as 1deng gj Jy ect.... as well as your examples too i did read it.
    anonymous¡¯s explaination:
    3. Now let's get to the difference: they are "components" that make up the energizer battery [during innerPower struggle]. Deep/Profound means refined or has more density (as hitman mentions)(definition cannot be applied elsewhere, like Physics.). And abundant means more volume (definition cannot be applied elsewhere).

1. oh really? So technically, it¡¯s possible for us to jump 20 feet high in the air w/o outside forces cuz we can use JY works as a reference, eh? Two, you say say qigong books¡_now do these books reflect the 9yin training, peach island training, or camel mountain training?
    2. How does his energy stand? We only know QCJ is better at martial arts, but how does he compare to MY in terms of internal energy?
    3. then explain how training hard being a factor in any way ¡°disproves¡± the idea that one can slow down in improvement?
    4. YZP being 30% was only a rough example estimate of mine. But hey, if you think it¡¯s more likely he¡¯s 10%¡_I don¡¯t mind going with you. And really, 10% of a great is still A LOT of energy.
    5. I think there is physical hindrance (mainly cuz JY is sexist)¡_if you don¡¯t want to believe it¡_fine. But you still can¡¯t disprove it and say it¡¯s wrong. JY mentioned how HR being female, and physically weaker, worked against her when fighting OYK, how GLFW, YKX, etc. felt shameful when they fought XLN, most guys chars don¡¯t want to fight girl chars¡_why? Cuz they¡¯re ¡°supposedly¡± physically weaker. And HR was very powerful¡_.by 28/29 she was probably the best female out there and probably only below ppl of the Greats level. She can match OYF w/o any sign of loss.
    1. Yup, I believe so because you absolutely did mentioned somewhere than JY probably won't make something illogical when we were discussing about YG's torrent training. That I am positive that you said it. No way it is a typo cause the answer was to apt. If you don't like to use real life to compare, howcome you use HR's gender than?
    2. You will need to read the part when QQJ's martial art brother were about the commit suicide. Why be so fixiated about him comparing to MY? Anyway, you better read that part.
    3, XF and the Shaolin monks both train the same type of energy. So why is he so much better in such a young age? What is the trigger to the mastery theory that causes it to slow down? Seems that it is not about. Could the talent of XF possibly prove that your theory is wrong? So first, identify the trigger of the decreasing rate
    4. More than most average fighters, but the thing was that we were talking about his speed compare to the Greats. And it does not seem all that fast.
    5. You do understand that a person that are to convince someone about something too need to give more supports to the claim right? I also said that JY adjusted badly on GJ, but u don't seems to agree. So do you agree that the you should at least try to give reference that JY did something illogically in order to make a female fighter weaker? I'm talking about examples that do not have multiple possibilities.

perhaps you only got HALF the theory b/c you decided to IGNORE the other half. I think a two or three pages ago, I even broke it down to two sections for you. One is that after the completion of an art, the improvement rate may slow down. The other half is that at great levels¡_it becomes harder to improve (hence more effort to seeks same improvement so if you apply same effort, less improvement).

First, GJ, YG, ZBT, and GLFW are all examples. Second, even if GJ is the only one¡_it doesn¡¯t matter. WE are proving GJ¡¯s rate, aren¡¯t we? YG was surprise by GLFW¡¯s improvement b/c he felt that 16 years ago, he could beat GLFW, and thought he could continue beating the guy. YG never fought any of the other Greats before the 16 years, now did he? GLFW¡¯s elephant-whatever art comes in levels yes. He can master each level, can¡¯t he? It¡¯s likely that he improved in jumps, like YG does w/ the torrents, snow, waves, etc. And where does it say that you need the other parts of 9 yin? Same chapter yi deng decides to translate the Sanskrit part for them. Go find it.
    Okay, your theory is that after mastery, your internal energy increases slower. Lets say at the speed of 10 per day at the start. After mastery, it becomes less impressive or lets say about 6 oer day for the rest of the person's life with the same cultivation if he practices with a similar regimen. Am I correct with your theory? Or did I omitted anything.

And may I ask how does YG thought about he could beat GLFW 16 years ago got to do with your arguement. It still doesn't disprove the fact that GLFW did improve faster than YG thought he would have. And since the Great's cultivation probably would still be slower than GJ because they too suffer from the slow down process, how does it say that GJ is not superior to them? 9 Yin no matter what is still a better cultivation with or without slowing down? I also remember that it was said GLFW's palms where stroger than Yi Deng when he was using his 1YZ to compete energy. And in the past ZBT would not have to only use vacant fist to block him, so it does say that GLFW did improve faster than the Greats, linear to his previous improvement.

On your theory, I do not think that using people like YG, GJ, etc that are the main of the story is a very good idea. Cause my theory is that it is harder to adjust correctly when they'd been in advantures due to it is a book for people to read after all. JY on several occasions remarked that a character improved their internal energy by a lot in a decade or more. I think it was mentioned about a guy during the part YG used the Sad Palms to compete with HYS for example. Lets say that guy was around in his mid fifties at the end of ROCH. And lets say he started to train at 15, which are considered as late for trainers. That would give him 40 years of training. Lets say dramatically improving his internal energy that are mentioned by JY is at least by 35%. That would be more than enough to say that he improves at least as fast as he did. We can even move the age that he trained upper if he want to and have similar results.

Like I said, I don¡¯t even need more than GJ¡_b/c we are debating on GJ. And in the condor trilogy, we see that YG slows, ZBT slows. The greats, I cannot tell b/c they didn¡¯t need to catch up to anyone. XLN and HR doesn¡¯t bother training, we can¡¯t tell and we know too little about the other characters. For the other books, they time period covered is too little. It¡¯s like if we only had YG¡¯s or GJ¡¯s two year adventure to read¡_we can¡¯t tell how he¡¯s does in the long term.
    ZBT cannot be considered due to environment differences. No long train as hard as he did in the cave, and have no goal of beating HYS. You can use any characters from any novels for examples. I remember you mentioned that you read all of JY's novel at the other forum, should be relatively easy for you to prove something as large as this since JY probably won't omit such important things in all 13 novels. So basically, judging 2 or 3 characters is enough proof for this mastering theory that will effect every single character of JY? Lets say 4 kids from a particular neighborhood ended up as a criminal, we can judge that they turn out bad already. Just like how we saw that GJ did not improve as fast as he did in LOCH. But the reason behind it still cannot be determine. So why do you think that your theory is more plausible than mine?

But apparently, Yang Guo thinks yi deng¡¯s energy is more ¡°thick¡± (»ëºñ) than himself, while 1deng thinks YG¡¯s energy is more ¡°abundant¡± (³äÅæ) than himself. The comparison he uses on 1deng and GJ and JY is also ¡°deep¡± and ¡°thick¡± (Éîºñ). I¡¯m assuming ¡°deep thick¡± is referring to ¡°thick¡± rather than ¡°abundant¡±¡_unless it is referring to an entirely new category.

This is what duguxiaojing came up with just in case u skipped it
    But I'm asking what is the differences in thickness and abundance? Isn't that like the same? Thicknes doesn't mean refinement or anything. It's translated to something like "profoundness", which is a synonym of "abundance". Not to say anonymous is wrong, but how does he come out with profoundness equal refinement? How can we use something that we are not even sure of?

No…you’ve got my formula wrong. It is:
    1. Make up the strangest BS to support my point.
    2. Don’t prove my theories
    3. Start making contradictions and try to confuse people
    4. If I can’t win…start bashing people
    5. If I can’t bash, try to prove the theories
    6. Try to change the subject to other non-related discussions if I can’t prove my theories and hopefully, they’ll be forgotten
    7. If not…change stance
    8. If can’t change stance, then try to make up evidence
    9. If I can’t make up evidence, then try to “misinterpret” text to make evidence
    10. If all else fails…start ignoring other’s posts.

Don’t you like my formula?
    For reals??????

profound:Situated at, extending to, or coming from a great depth; deep.

refined:To become free of impurities(pure)

If you look at the comparisons between each great YG is impressed by the other greats profound,and pure inner power. IF profound was the same as abundant then YG has a greater abundance then GJ,1d,JY that would not really make sense in GJ's case would it? Plus YG seemed impressed with how pure JY,1deng's inner power was why would he be impressed unless their inner power was more pure and profound then his own? Seeing how 1deng does not possess YG abundance then abundance,profound and pure cannot mean the same thing it would contradict the statements made by each character. Am i making sense? Ones the quality say 100 litres of pure juice ok?(prfound (deep) pure then 1000 litres of juice mixed with water.(abundant) One is more pure then the other while one posses diffrent elements added to it. YG's inner power was too agressive to be pure yang and had other elements added to it.
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 05-13-04 at 02:29 AM.

Cool JueYuan's revenge (it's a joke -- the title)

Regarding JueYuan's training in 9Yang, note:
    1. I was wrong, JueYuan trained not even a year and he was at greats level. haha. [Life is full of surprises. ]
    2. 3 years ago refers to the 3rd Huashan Tournament.
    Proof:
    Athena: When Guo Xiang parted with Yang Guo and Xiao LongNu at Mount Hua 3 years ago. She lost all contact with them and missed them a lot. So she told her parents that she wanted to roam a bit but in fact, she wanted to hear some news about Yang Guo.

Athena: JueYuan continued: "Your "qi" is like a wheel, rotating through your entire body, if not your body will be dispersed and converse. This illness is caused by waist and leg......." Guo Xiang knew for sure that he was reciting martial art theories and thought: "Reverend JueYuan didn't learn martial arts but he read almost every scripture he could find. And 3 years ago he said that in the handwritten Lankavatara sutra of Master DaMo, there was another codex namely [Jiu Yang Zheng Jing]. He thought it's purpose was to stay healthy and strong and learnt the essence from it. Both he and his pupil didn't have someone to teach them, but somehow he reached the same level as the other top martial arts experts of the realm.
    So, my theory of "enlightenment" is one major component stays.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-13-04 at 11:39 PM.

Just my opinion about where GWM stands among the Greats at the end of ROCH. YG has met the Greats when he was young and certainly could rank them on a martial art hierarchy. However, at the end of ROCH, YG was not surprised of their martial art progression over the sixteen year period. Why? YG was expecting them to improve at that rate.

While the Greats' martial arts at the end of ROCH did not astonish YG, GWM's did. YG was amazed and surprised at what the GWM had accomplished over the years, and so did the GWM toward YG.

Based on that, in my opinion, the GWM was slightly if not much more better than the Greats at the end of ROCH.

Originally posted by duguxiaojing
    profound:Situated at, extending to, or coming from a great depth; deep.

refined:To become free of impurities(pure)

If you look at the comparisons between each great YG is impressed by the other greats profound,and pure inner power. IF profound was the same as abundant then YG has a greater abundance then GJ,1d,JY that would not really make sense in GJ's case would it? Plus YG seemed impressed with how pure JY,1deng's inner power was why would he be impressed unless their inner power was more pure and profound then his own? Seeing how 1deng does not possess YG abundance then abundance,profound and pure cannot mean the same thing it would contradict the statements made by each character. Am i making sense? Ones the quality say 100 litres of pure juice ok?(prfound (deep) pure then 1000 litres of juice mixed with water.(abundant) One is more pure then the other while one posses diffrent elements added to it. YG's inner power was too agressive to be pure yang and had other elements added to it.
    But the thing is the words "deep" and "thick" put together doesn't mean refine.

deep=profound
    refined=unmixed and pure

not the same thing but similar since they both are refering to quality of innner power not quantity. look at the situatuions the words are used in novel. Would it make sense that profound and deep meant the same as abundant? taking into account the diffrent types and level on inner power of the other greats the way the words are used it is pretty clear that profound and abundant are not the same thing or there would be discrepencies in the novel.

1. I was wrong, JueYuan trained not even a year and he was at greats level. haha. [Life is full of surprises. ]
    Are you 4 real??? damn 9yang's like a shot of roids.

Originally posted by duguxiaojing
    deep=profound
    refined=unmixed and pure

not the same thing but similar since they both are refering to quality of innner power not quantity. look at the situatuions the words are used in novel. Would it make sense that profound and deep meant the same as abundant? taking into account the diffrent types and level on inner power of the other greats the way the words are used it is pretty clear that profound and abundant are not the same thing or there would be discrepencies in the novel.

Are you 4 real??? damn 9yang's like a shot of roids.
    I don't think that the situation can also suggests the amount also. It would not make since to say that it does not make since. Because how do we all come up with that YG has more energy than Yi Deng anyway? Because Yi Deng said so. But "Deep" and "thick" put together also means the same thing, which was what YG used to describe Yi Deng also.

And I'm pretty sure that Jue YUan trained 9 Yang much longer than just a couple of years.

I don't think that the situation can also suggests the amount also. It would not make since to say that it does not make since. Because how do we all come up with that YG has more energy than Yi Deng anyway? Because Yi Deng said so. But "Deep" and "thick" put together also means the same thing, which was what YG used to describe Yi Deng also.

Yes thats exactly why because 1deng said so. U also answered your own question Thick and deep are diffrent from abundant. You want proof? Take the paragraph of 1deng's discroiption of YG's inner power place in deep and profound into where ever you see abundant does it make sense? IF deep profound and abundant pure means the same thing then YG's inner power is more deep more profound pure and agressive then GJ,1deng and JY.

Look at what you wrote super boy
    "But "Deep" and "thick" put together also means the same thing, which was what YG used to describe Yi Deng also."
    this is BECAUSE DEEP AND THICK PRFOUND do not mean abundant.

What? So "deep" and "thick" does not equal to abundance? Are you sure about this? I thought I'm pretty fluent in speaking chinese. But I could be wrong.

Can you restate what you said, cause I don't really get it.

Originally posted by superboy
    What? So "deep" and "thick" does not equal to abundance? Are you sure about this? I thought I'm pretty fluent in speaking chinese. But I could be wrong.

Can you restate what you said, cause I don't really get it.
    Yes. Deep and thick does not equal to abundance.

Originally posted by Top Dog
    Yes. Deep and thick does not equal to abundance.
    So what does it equal then? Please don't make up something..................

Originally posted by superboy
    So what does it equal then? Please don't make up something..................
    It's equal to GJ.