Thread: Why is Network Love Story under TVB reviews?

Default Why is Network Love Story under TVB reviews?

After reading the two reviews of Network Love Story here, I decided to do a little checking out on my own, only to find out that this is not a TVB production, but a mainland production.

Maybe the reviewers made a mistake because the show does feature 2 TVB actors Benny Chan and Michelle Yip. Shouldn't the reviews be re-categorised? And is it possible that there are more reviews out there that are wrongly categorised because of the actor problem?
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

i thought it was a joint production of mainland and hk. correct me if im wrong
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Originally posted by cherrie
    i thought it was a joint production of mainland and hk. correct me if im wrong
    Oh, sorry, I didn't know that.

Seems like that poor production has been orphaned by its parents then.

so how do you think of the series? i wrote a negative review on it
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I'm still keeping my eyes out for it. Knowing the country of origins helps me some. Nobody seems to have anything substantially good to say about it, and I'm kinda bias against modern mainland productions because they watch like Dallas and Dynasty (cringe!), but I'll try and catch it because I kinda prefer Michelle Yip in modern productions.

mind you, if you like michelle yip in eternal happiness, don't expect to see a performance of hers like that of EH. the story (network love story) actually revolved more on the two mainland casts. nothing much of benny and michelle. maybe they should be in the china section afterall
    cherrie

Ahh, ok, thanks.

I shan't bother wasting money buying it then.

How about a review section for cross-region productions? There seems to be more and more of those lately.
    Last edited by Arashi; 03-21-04 at 02:46 PM.

maybe you could suggest that to spcnet
    so you buy your series? why don't you just rent it? you can always return it if you don't like the series, i suppose
    cherrie

I just moved house and I haven't been able to find a rental shop yet. There are however, lots of places in Singapore that sells east asian drama vcds. Usually, I'd wait for the tv stations to air the shows, or I'd either d/l or buy the vcd sets.

oic...btw, you mean you're from singapore? im just wondering, do they sell tvb telemovies there?
    cherrie

Yep, I live in Singapore. I haven't seen any vcds on telemovies yet, but there's so much variety here, I might chance upon some one day. I'll keep you updated if that's the case.

Originally posted by Arashi
    Ahh, ok, thanks.

I shan't bother wasting money buying it then.

How about a review section for cross-region productions? There seems to be more and more of those lately.
    You mean a section just named "Co Productions" or something in that line? Perhaps, though in general, I think reviews of those types mention in the review that they are co-made by multiple companies.
    -SC

Originally posted by spcnet
    You mean a section just named "Co Productions" or something in that line? Perhaps, though in general, I think reviews of those types mention in the review that they are co-made by multiple companies.
    There wasn't any for Network Love Story which is why I got confused. Besides, it'll be helpful for people wishing to start new threads in the forum. Most users cross-check the reviews and forum sections, and sometimes I see twin threads of the same production appearing under different country sections. Anyway, I think it's a good idea because the volume of such productions will only increase in the future.