Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: about ming clan

Default about ming clan

I am watching HSDS 2003 now, and I am wondering since Ming clan already exist in China since Huang shang and dugu qiu bai generation. Why in LOCH, none of the Ming Clan leader became an imminent fighter.(we know qian kun da nuo yi probably is one of the most powerful skill at that time, and although yang thing thien only reached level 3-4 of qian kun da nou yi, probably only kong jian and Chang san feng were the same level with him).
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Nobody knows for sure, but I think Wong Seung managed to put a pretty serious dent into the ranks of the Ming Cult during his epic battle with them. It took them a few generations to recover, as it did Shaolin from the Fireworker Monk Incident that preceded LOCH.

from publication about DGQB and Huang shang, if i dont misunderstand, was DGQB the Ming Clan's member ?

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Originally posted by ToOn99
    from publication about DGQB and Huang shang, if i dont misunderstand, was DGQB the Ming Clan's member ?
    That was mere fantastic speculation from the writer of that article. There is no mentioning that Dugu Jiubai has any ties with the Ming Sect.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

anyone know where's qian kun dai nuo yi from ? is it from persia or china.
    if we assume 9 yang equal to 9 yin, does it mean qian kun dai nuo yi more superior to them since chang wu ji with 9 yang couldnt open the door in secret room of Ming clan, but after learning QKDNY he could open it.

Talking Well...

On Qiankun...
    It's a persia martial arts, only for some strange it had a very chinese name.
    QianKun is superior to 9Yang and 9Yin in terms of force control. But its absolute power is inferior to both.
    9Yang is the one with the strongest raw powers.
    9Yin is the overall leader.

The Ming cult does exists.
    But, Huang Shang did not go fight them.
    It was actucally Zoroastrianism, after it had went into china.
    It had been in China since Northern Wei, by different names.
    It later absorbes ideas from Taoism and Buddhism and became the White Lotus Sect in Qing.
    Note: The real White Lotus Sects were good, unlike what H.K films teaches about them.
    The White Lotus Sect now go by the name of YiGuanDao.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

It came to China, had to give it a Chinese name, I suppose. Besides, it's a CHINESE novel in the first place, right? x.x

Default Re: Well...

Originally posted by Son of Light
    It was actucally Zoroastrianism, after it had went into china.
    *SIGH* It was Manichaeism, not Zoroastrianism...

It had been in China since Northern Wei, by different names.
    Historically, the Ming Cult officially came to China during the Tang dynasty.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

Default Opps...

Sorry, got mixed up between the two...
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

Originally posted by ToOn99
    anyone know where's qian kun dai nuo yi from ? is it from persia or china.
    if we assume 9 yang equal to 9 yin, does it mean qian kun dai nuo yi more superior to them since chang wu ji with 9 yang couldnt open the door in secret room of Ming clan, but after learning QKDNY he could open it.
    Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee wasn't necessarily superior to either 9 Yum Jen Ging or 9 Yeung Jen Ging; it's just that it had the *right* kind of energy distribution for opening that door that 9 Yum and 9 Yeung didn't have. For example, let's say I've got an Apple computer that runs only on MAC-OS. Windows won't work on it. It's not that Windows is necessarily an inferior program; it's just that it's the *wrong* program to use with an Apple computer. The same principle applies to opening that door. 9 Yum Jen Ging and 9 Yeung Jen Ging could each be ten times more powerful than Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee, but even if they are, neither one is the *right* system to use for opening that door.
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 08-11-03 at 05:04 AM.

Default But...

The fact is, Window is inferior to Mac/OS.
    In fact, it's the most inferior OS in the world.

noooooooooooooooooo
    Windows >>> Mac

Default Actucally...

I mixed it up because I there's somewhere in DSHS that Yang Xiao said something about their Holy Fire.
    That was before the great battle with the 6 sects...
    And when for me, when there's fire worship, Zoroastrianism came into my mind because its also known as Bai-Huo Jiao.
    (Fire Worship Sect)

Default http://spcnet.tv/article_mingcult.shtml

Well...according to Lav here, Ming beliefs was partially based on Zoroastrianism

Here's something else worth thinking about in comparing 9 Yum Jen Ging and Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee . . .

One of the reasons that Wong Seung created 9 Yum Jen Ging was that he needed a means of defeating the kung fu of the Ming Cult members, whom he was unable to defeat decisively during his first and only skirmish with them. It was never explicitly said that any of the Ming Cult members whom Wong Seung fought knew the Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee (after all, this skill was restricted to the Cult Leader), but it's at least possible that Wong Seung fought the Ming Cult Leader and, if so, he would have gained some experience in fighting the Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee. Consequently, Wong Seung would have likely developed the 9 Yum Jen Ging as an effective counter to Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee.

All this is speculation and there isn't enough information from JY to prove that this is the case, but it's reasonable and at least possible.
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 08-11-03 at 09:09 PM.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    It was never explicitly said that any of the Ming Cult members whom Wong Seung fought knew the Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee (after all, this skill was restricted to the Cult Leader), but it's at least possible that Wong Seung fought the Ming Cult Leader and, if so, he would have gained some experience in fighting the Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee.
    Ah, is there such a rule??? I thought Yang Siu knew the rudimentaries of Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee, but he couldn't advance any further only due to his lack of talent.
    No longer walking amongst the living...

Originally posted by someguy44
    Ah, is there such a rule??? I thought Yang Siu knew the rudimentaries of Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee, but he couldn't advance any further only due to his lack of talent.
    I think there is, although the Cult Leader can probably make exceptions. I have a feeling that Yeung Ding Teen was grooming Yeung Siu as a possible successor as Ming Cult Leader (although I believe that in his will, Yeung Ding Teen had named Tse Tsun as his successor), and that's why Yeung Ding Teen taught some Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee to Yeung Siu. I think it was probably customary that Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee was restricted to Ming Cult Leaders, but the Leader had the discretion to teach it to members if he so chose.
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 08-12-03 at 05:42 AM.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    I think there is, although the Cult Leader can probably make exceptions. I have a feeling that Yeung Ding Teen was grooming Yeung Siu as a possible successor as Ming Cult Leader (although I believe that in his will, Yeung Ding Teen had named Tse Tsun as his successor), and that's why Yeung Ding Teen taught some Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee to Yeung Siu. I think it was probably customary that Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee was restricted to Ming Cult Leaders, but the Leader had the discretion to teach it to members if he so chose.
    Just like Hong Qi Gong who taught Guo Jing the 18 Dragon Palms..
    Guo Jing wasn't part of the Beggar Sect when they met..
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 08-12-03 at 05:42 AM.
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

Has Ming Cult ever been mentioned in LOCH and ROCH? I didn't read the books, so my knowledge comes from the adaptations and I have never heard the cult being mentioned in either LOCH or ROCH. If Ming cult date back to even further than DGSD, why isn't it mentioned at all in LOCH and ROCH and how does it suddenly become such a prominant cult in HSDS?

Originally posted by kidd
    Has Ming Cult ever been mentioned in LOCH and ROCH? I didn't read the books, so my knowledge comes from the adaptations and I have never heard the cult being mentioned in either LOCH or ROCH. If Ming cult date back to even further than DGSD, why isn't it mentioned at all in LOCH and ROCH and how does it suddenly become such a prominant cult in HSDS?
    The Ming Cult was definitely mentioned in LOCH. When Chow Bak Tung told Gwok Jing about the origins of the 9 Yum Jen Ging while they were holed up together in the cave on Peach Blossom Island, he naturally discussed Wong Seung's epic conflict with the Ming Cult at length.

That was it, however. No further mention of the Ming Cult until HSDS. Wong Seung's attack must have set them back quite significantly.