Thread: One-off threads?

Question One-off threads?

SPCNET and moderators:

just wondering -- if we have a one-off thread thats not really related to anyone of the sections, where can we post it?

I mean, I can understand that my thread got deleted but it's not like I'm going to flood the forum with silly threads like that. It was a one-off. No, I'm not going to be mad that my thread did get deleted, but that's only because SPCNET has taken this forum a long long way. I remember it back when it was a 1 page, scroll down forum, then it was a forum like this: although the page I bookmarked is no longer there. :P

So yeah, I don't know - one off threads, deletion no matter what section they're in? or perhaps there's a solution?

=)
    http://www.freephotoiPods.com/?r=11379165

Go for it. Not a scam. My roommate got his flat screen.

Hey Merde,

What thread are you talking about? Can't tell ya anything if you don't describe it.

-SS

It was just that I hadn't posted since Aug 2002 and at the time I was one of the most active posters on this forum, so my thread was asking if anyone remembers me : )

But what about other ppls one-off threads? :P
    http://www.freephotoiPods.com/?r=11379165

Go for it. Not a scam. My roommate got his flat screen.

The thread was already deleted so Merde can't show anyone what happen

I remember a few people posted to say hi to Merde.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

I deleted that thread because it wasn't really a debate topic, and there wasn't really a forum that it could fit in. It was pretty harmless, but if more off topics are made, soon the whole forum goes off topic. If we leave all off-topic posts in the forums, it defeats the purpose of forum categorization.

Couldn't you just use PMs?
    "The gentlemen first practices what he preaches and then preaches what he practices." - Confucius

There is the option of making a Newbie's forum where they can introduce themselves and older members can say hello and what not. I've seen it at other forums.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Why can't they just participate in some topics, or create some meaningful discussion, then at the end say hello or whatever ? Why the need for a forum to introduce yourself ? Who cares... Oh so you've been away for a long time, big deal. If people remember you, they'll scream with joy and shower you with kisses when you post something on topic and worth replying to in one of the existing forums...
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Originally posted by Candide
    Why can't they just participate in some topics, or create some meaningful discussion, then at the end say hello or whatever ? Why the need for a forum to introduce yourself ? Who cares... Oh so you've been away for a long time, big deal. If people remember you, they'll scream with joy and shower you with kisses when you post something on topic and worth replying to in one of the existing forums...

Agreed. If folks remember you, they would greet you while responding to topics. No need to make one-off threads.
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

V. Spam

a) Off-topic - Try to keep your topics and posts On-topic. This helps keep the forum more organized and flowing more fluidly. Also, remarks about other members for going off-topic in that same topic is also going off topic.
    I guess this sums it up. Dont go off topic. Use PM for greeting and don't complain about other going off topic.

But most people do go off topic and I don't think is their intension. So it is nice to see some Mod post in the annoucement why they delete a certain thread and there are some mod that go an extra step to actually try to contact you (thru PM or chat messanger) to talk to you before they delete or close the thread.

I do like Suet idea though about the newbie thread... to have newbie feel more comfortable with posting here... but then the thread could be misuse and in the end might cost more problem.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ