Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who else could open that damn door?

Default Who else could open that damn door?

That one which ZWJ opened with his newly mastered Qian Kun skill.

Without Qian Kun, could any of the Greats and above fighters have blasted through it?

Since ZWJ's energy might not be short of the Greats, would the Greats have been stuck in there if they were in a similar situation?

Would GJ and XF be able to concentrate their power in the Dragon Palms to blast thru without bringing the roof down?

Would DY be able to cut thru with 6MSJ?

JMZ could cut metal with his bare hands, could he cut through the rock?

Xu Zhu probably could use brute force to open the door with 1 hand.

Sweeper monk would probably find the hidden lever somewhere.....

Dugu? Opening the door without opening the door....

ZWJ was only close to the greats at the end of the novel. so i doubt the greats would be stuck in the same predicament.
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

that dorr is pusy compared to dy's 6 mai, he would be doing chopping practice with the door.

and that l;ast comment about dugu, well thats just impossible opening the door without using hands, his good but his also a big exageration.

My best guess would be Sweeper Monk cause he's from Shaolin. Because in lots of movies at Shaolin Temple every students that wants to go out of there must pass a bunch of tests and one of them was to lift a big door that is pretty heavy ( most of the time was a made of rock ). The sweeper monk must have past the test + he must be much more powerful then others shaolin graduaters so I think that he can just lift it and go

what it needs to open the door was not how large the force imposed on it, but the exact amount of power needed to move the door smoothly. Since QKDNY user would have better distribution of force, I think only ZWJ or other QKDNY master can open that door, or perhaps Sweeper Monk.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

QKDNY didn't open the door itself. Rather, it helped ZWJ use his 9 Yang to open the door. QKDNY was more like a "teacher", teaching ZWJ how to gather his internal energy so that it could be used at full strength all the time.

It seems from the book that the only factor for opening the door was internal energy. And ZWJ's internal energy isn't any better than the greats in the condor trilogy, or the top fighters in DGSD. So I'm guessing they can all open the door.

Default wj's power

i think wj's neigong is very great, perhaps greater than all other jy heroes.

before 25 years of age, he had enough power to defeat the 6 sects at brightness peak.

he could pick up a 300pound boulder and fly, as demonstrated on brightness peak. using just his qi, can caused a severe vibrations that even Mi Jue couldn't handle.

read the Meh's awesome translation of the Battle at Brightness Peak and you'll see.

just think how powerful he will be as an old man!

6MSJ is good if a person has Qi. But DuanYu has no qi and so his squirts might now be able to break the door.

GJ and XF might be able to do it with the HL18Z.

Default Re: wj's power

Originally posted by hermit
    i think wj's neigong is very great, perhaps greater than all other jy heroes.
    Definitely not. When Cheung 3 Fung first saw Cheung Mo Gei again after they had been separated for ten years (during which time Cheung Mo Gei had learned the 9 Yeung Jen Ging and Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee), Cheung 3 Fung observed that his grandstudent had a level of inner power comparable to that of the great warrior Gwok Jing, whom Cheung 3 Fung had encountered during his youth. Cheung 3 Fung did *not* observe that Cheung Mo Gei's inner power was greater than that of Gwok Jing's.

If that's the case, Cheung Mo Gei's inner power was on par with the Greats of L/ROCH and not comparable to that of the Elites of DGSD.

But ZSF never met Guo Jing.

it's all speculation. we can deduce their power by reading the "miracles" they performed.

I thought JY was very generous to WJ. He endowed him with some of the best qualities:

martial arts
    -the guy can learn martial arts on the fly and has powerful qi

medical skills
    - learned from the best doctor

photgraphic memory

beautiful women

kind heart

happy ending

Zhang Wu Ji at 25 years old already had the neigong of a Guo Jing more than twice his age.

Originally posted by hermit
    But ZSF never met Guo Jing.
    Yes he did. In the last chapter of ROCH, a 13-year old Cheung 3 Fung (then called Cheung Gwun Bo) met not only Gwok Jing, but also Yeung Gor, Wong Yerk See, 1 Deng, Chow Bak Tung, Wong Yung, Little Dragon Girl, and Gwok Seung at the summit of Mt. Hua. This meeting left a very deep impression upon the young Cheung Gwun Bo.

Originally posted by -NSX-
    What was he doing there and what kind of relationship does he has with those people?
    Cheung Gwun Bo and his teacher, the Shaolin monk Gok Yeun, were chasing after Wan Hak Sai and Siu Seung Tze, who had stolen the 9 Yeung Jen Ging from them (the manual was written in the margins of an ordinary Buddhist sutras book). The pursuit took them to the summit of Mt. Hua, where the newly renamed New Five Greats were paying their respects to the deceased North Beggar Hung 7 Gung and West Poison Au Yeung Fung. Yeung Gor actually taught Cheung Gwun Bo four martial arts moves that young Cheung used to seriously injure Wan Hak Sai and Siu Seung Tze, and this was also Cheung Gwun Bo's first encounter with Gwok Seung...the woman with whom he would be enamored for the rest of his long life.

ZWJ's internal power I would think, is most definitely not the best out of all the heros. It is possible that he could have a slight advantage compare to the Greats. But probably won't be better than GJ, YG, GLFW at the end of ROCH. XF, XYS, MYB should also be able to compare to him, and XZ & DY would definitely have more.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

ZWJ may have a very good internal energy and comparable to the Greats in the Condor Trilogy, but I do not think he reached DGSD elite's level yet. He *maybe* comparable to XF, but definitely below XZ.

I agree with ZWJ having good medical skills, photographic memory (actually not sure about this, but okay, perhaps he did have it), beautiful women, and kind heart, but not too sure about the happy ending. It was a happy ending with the first edition of the novel, but with the second edition... who knows?

Hence my question.

If we give the 13 year old Z3F the benefit of the doubt in his estimate (after all, when he was 13, ZWJ and GJ's strength was way way way in the stratosphere so anything between very very good and very very very very good is still very good in his young eyes) and put the young ZWJ in the same league as 50 yr old GJ. Then the question of whether the Greats can open the door is not so easy to answer.

Without Qian Kun, but with their years of experience in practice and theory, could the Greats focus their energy (in this case, equal to ZWJ) to open the door?

Although Z3F was young when he saw Gj, he is still a very wise man. The best martial artist in HSDS. And I think he is quite use to seeing people with large inner power since he was living is Shaolin with his master Juan Yuan. I thought that it is proabably dependable. I think the greats should be able to open the door, since even the previous chief of Ming Cult can.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I dont think previous ming cult leader (YTD) can open that door,bcos the door wasnt made for everyday use. Perhaps it was made for escaping from the boulder trap by ming cult predecessor.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

I think he did open the door. Or how can he get in?

Isn't there another entrance to the room? ZWJ was trapped in the room because Seng Kuan blocked that entrance.