Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Detective Investigation Files I-IV 《刑事偵緝檔案I-IV》

Hehehehehe, I've finally seen all of DIF!!!! From part 1 to part 4 even though it was in a strange order. Well, every part was great!!!!

Lol, what are you guys talking about now? It must be something lets put it as intersting since I saw the word mod and warning in the same sentence....lol
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

Talking about how we should beat the scripwriters up for the ending and the storyline...

After all of these years of watching DIFIV I'm still mad at the break-up. WHY WHY WHY?
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

so what do you think of them goddess? which part is your favorite?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I personally think that if Jessica wasn't in this series, then it wouldnt be as good. All of my favorite parts were with Jessica, espesically the scene right before Louis and she breaks up. Its the scene where Louis runs to hug Anne at the hospital and Jessica runs in and sees the whole thing. This scene had a lot of meaning to me because it shows that Jessica knows whats going to happen. I actually cried at that scene and the parting scene. THis was probably the most heart breaking moment TVB as ever produced.

why does everyone here only talks abt dif4? this thread is abt all parts of dif!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Originally posted by cherrie
    why does everyone here only talks abt dif4? this thread is abt all parts of dif!
    I only have seen Detective Investigation Files IV, so I only can talk about IV. sorry.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

oic...i definitely recommend you to watch dif1-3. maybe you'll find the cases of dif1 quite simple, of course because it's already quite old. dif2 is good! but you will certainly be annoyed with the end. as for dif3, it's not that great anymore, but nevertheless worth watching
    cherrie

I will, if I can find it on VCD.

however, I doubt there will since they are old series.

if u understand mandarin, zoke culture released them if not, you can check it out on yesasia. im not sure though if it had canto language. but i think it has
    cherrie

I understand mandarin, but I rather watch cantonese series in cantonese. More nature voice.

try yesasia. i think tvbi had released them (dual language)
    cherrie

I will check with my rental shop first. see if they got. but they definately have it on old fashion VCR tapes though. but I don't have a VCR anymore.

does your rental sell series?
    cherrie

nope. only rentals.

Hehe, I don't know which one to pick Cherrie!! They are all great!!

The first one was short and it was very memorable. The cases were really interesting and it was very cute to see how Kenix and Micheal got togehter. Also how Micheal and Joey become such good cop buddies. This is what started it all so diffinately could win first place...hehe.

Second one had a lot of good minor castings in the cases and the cases were nice too. It had a lot of touchin scenes and very funny ones with Micheal's sister and Joey togehter. Hmm..nothing much I can say on this really. Don't like having Kenix and Micheal breaking up in there, but finally they got together and got married!! Sucks how she had to loose her memory though

Third one ws very good also. I really liked putting Margaret Cheung in, I find she fits well with Joey also. Very cute couple and their relationship was funny in the beginning. Kenix and Micheal...same type of thing goin on, but it was sweet to see how they got togehter and how much they cared for each other.

Fourth one....I liked Jessica and Louis. Also very much liked Lee San San and Sunny. Each couple was very compatiable with one another and their relationship was cute!!! Stinks how Louis broke up with Jessica though And for Anne? Come now!!!

Lol, little mini things on each part form goddess. Now here is the ratings!!!

1. DIF1
    2. DIF3
    3. DIF4
    4. DIF2
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

Okay, just caught the ending for DIF4 (yeah, I'm behind the times). Apparently, there are two versions here. I was watching out for the infamous 'bar scene' everyone keeps talking about which hints at Jessica starting a relationship with Sunny, but it never came up.

The ending I watched has Sunny paying a visit to San San's grave and finding Charmaine's bouquet of flowers there. He then sits down on the grass and a plane, presumably with Charmaine inside, flies over and the credits started rolling.

I think I have to be the odd one out here. Firstly, I would like to state that I am not a fan of Anne Heung. Secondly, I really like Jessica in this series. But I'm still of the mind that Anne really suffered a lot for Louis, including losing her leg and sleeping with the enemy to keep him out of danger. Also, I'm brought to mind that Jessica was the one who choose to begin a relationship with Louis, and she also explicitly stated this in the story, so she knew what was involved. In a nutshell, I was moved by their breaking up scene, but I didn't hate Anne for it at all. If there is anyone I dislike out of the three, it's Louis's character. Sorry, but dark and mysterious strangers don't work for me. Maybe it did when I was younger, but this guy has the word 'danger' spelt all over his forehead. Love is blind I guess, and what I was left with after watching the show is simply immense sadness for Jessica's character.

This love-triangle brings to mind the one in "Golden Faith" starring (surprise, surprise!) Jessica and Anne again. In this case, it's payback time for Anne. I really couldn't stand Jessica's character and once again, I felt Anne really suffered a lot for Gallen. So I was pretty disgruntled when Jessica gets to be with Gallen at the end. Once again, love is blind I guess.
    Last edited by Arashi; 05-11-04 at 04:30 PM.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

after reading what Arashi wrote, I search my database(memory) for Detective Investigation Files IV ending.

I think I saw both endings.

The one with the bar scene.

the other where Sunny was visiter his wife's grave.

or was it both are combine as one ending and Arashi missed the bar scene?

or the other way around.

Yeah, I also remember getting a chance to see both endings for DIF4. Its funny, I think I told this out before, but here goes again First time seeing it in the states, I did not get to see the bar scene, only Sunny at San San's grave. However when I was in Vietnam I re-rented it and at the end, after the credits was the bar scene!!!! Hehe, I dont like it though. I'ld rather have Sunny grieve over San San for some more time

I know what you mean Arashi. Its funny how Jessica and Anne fight over the "main" guy in serials. They seem to be a popular...how can I put this.....Lol, can't think of right word, but you sorta get what I mean right? Anyways I agree with you on how Jessica's character in DIF4. Also on how annoying her character was in GF, even though I liked her. I liked Anne more in GF
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

goddess: im surprised you don't like dif2 that much. of all i liked it the best! different opinions we have there eh?
    arashi: if you want to watch the bar scene, you can dl that part in tvtrailers.jessicahsuan.com that is entitled the ending scene
    cherrie

Hey cherrie Lol, yeah, there is another thing to add to our difference lists, but I think our similarity list is longer hmm?

Yeah, at first DIF2 was my favorite, but after seeing DIF4 and DIF, I found those two better. Also DIF3 was the first part I saw so it was the most memorable to me in ways. The thing that annoyed me the most in DIF2 was probably Michael and Kenix's breakups. I don't know, they broke up in DIF3 also, but DIF2 gave me more disliking.......

Hey, how about we start talking about favorite cases in the DIF triology?

For me my favorite case in DIF2 was the one with Evergreen and I think Astrid. Anyways I found it interesting and entertaining also. Hehe, too lazy for a summery, but I was touched at Evergreen's relationship with his sister. Also the ending to it was a nice and sweet one

Hehe, will talk about favorite cases in the other three parts, later on
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.