Thread: Strange/Crazy/Weird things parents do to their babies/children in wuxia

Default Strange/Crazy/Weird things parents do to their babies/children in wuxia

I'll start with XYS. He jumped from the cliff with his wife's body, leaving baby XF unattended? What was he thinking? He maybe sad, but how could he abandon his baby just like that?

ZCS and YSS were not any better. They committed suicide, leaving the injured ZWJ all alone. Okay, ZCS may have faith that Z3F would definitely take care of ZWJ, but with the injury how could he be sure?

Hu Yidao gave Hu Fei a drink of wine not long after Hu Fei was born. What? He wanted to make his son a drunkard right from the very beginning?

WXB named his kids using dice? Couldn't he think of a better way? Even if he was not too educated, he could at least ask his wives. Chances are one of them should be able to come up with better names.

YK's mom did not tell YK the truth about his real father until it was way too late.

Yan Nantian brought baby Xiao Yuer into the Valley Of Evil. Okay, he was not Xiao Yuer's father, but in that moment he could be considered as a foster father. What was he thinking, bringing the baby into danger like that?

Anything else, anyone?
    Last edited by rabadi; 04-16-04 at 05:43 AM.

I'll start with XYS. He jumped from the cliff with his wife's body, leaving baby XF unattended? What was he thinking? He maybe sad, but how could he abandon his baby just like that?
    I thought he jumped down along with baby XF but when he discovered that baby XF was still alive, he threw the baby upwards. @___@
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Now that u mention it, ppl do do some pretty weird things to their children but i think the worst is yk case.....
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

Like Guo Xiang said, XYS out of deep sorrow wanted to die along with his wife but he looked how young his baby was, he didn't want XF to die with him so he threw the baby up hoping those who've attacked them would not harm a baby too.

ZCS and YSS were not any better. They committed suicide, leaving the injured ZWJ all alone. Okay, ZCS may have faith that Z3F would definitely take care of ZWJ, but with the injury how could he be sure?
    ZWJ's parents didn't know their son was injured by the two guys and I don't think they knew who took him either. ZCS had confidence in his teacher and his other martial brothers to help find his son, I mean they're not joe somebody. But the point is, they all didn't know ZWJ was injured because he didn't want tell his foster father's whereabouts.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

That is nothing. Think of how he tormented him and turned him into Han public enemy no 1, knew he was about to kill his girl but did nothing etc, knew his son was alive but did not raise him, killed his foster parents who raised him on his behalf. That was truly cruel. XYS is a POS!

Yan Nantian brought baby Xiao Yuer into the Valley Of Evil. Okay, he was not Xiao Yuer's father, but in that moment he could be considered as a foster father. What was he thinking, bringing the baby into danger like that?
    Yeah well if he couldn't survive those riff raffs what hope would he have against the evil princesses! In any case it turns out the baby constantly torments those in the valley. :P

XYS throwing the baby XF up? I must be confused between the novel and the adaptation

As for ZCS and wife, okay, perhaps they did not know ZWJ was injured, but they did know he was kidnapped, right? That is still too cruel for ZWJ, IMHO.

As for Yan Nantian's case, I was thinking perhaps... just perhaps, he could find someone he could trust (perhaps a friend of his, I mean he should at least have a friend, right?), and let this someone take care of baby Xiao Yuer while he entered the Valley of Evil alone. I don't know, just my thoughts.

YSS committed suicide even she saw her son back (well that whisper trick really fooled shaolin, helped wu dang a lot)

Quote Originally Posted by rabadi
    XYS throwing the baby XF up? I must be confused between the novel and the adaptation

As for ZCS and wife, okay, perhaps they did not know ZWJ was injured, but they did know he was kidnapped, right? That is still too cruel for ZWJ, IMHO.

As for Yan Nantian's case, I was thinking perhaps... just perhaps, he could find someone he could trust (perhaps a friend of his, I mean he should at least have a friend, right?), and let this someone take care of baby Xiao Yuer while he entered the Valley of Evil alone. I don't know, just my thoughts.
    Xiao Yu Er's father trusted someone and ended up dead

Huang Rong at Passionless Valley (acting crazy) and telling the monk (forgot his name) to kill the baby. Although she succeeds in getting baby Guo Xiang back unharmed it was risky to do that. He could have killed Guo Xiang, and even more so... when he tossed Guo Xiang to her she kicked Guo Xiang (although Huang Rong could control her movements and power) if something had gone wrong and kicked with too much force it wouldn've killed Guo Xiang. Or if Guo Xiang landed on the wrong spot/wrong person she would've died like that too! No doubt Huang Rong is smart and can get Guo Xiang to safety, but there was that little chance something could've gone wrong
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Everyone knows that orphans have the best chance of becoming the number one hero or "da xia."
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生