Thread: Best childhood

Default Best childhood

Of all the main characters, who had the best parents.

Ironically, it's Qiao Feng. He didn't know his true history until he was 30, until he was an adult. He grew up with a happy childhood.

Guo Jing: Father was killed while he was a baby. He had plenty of good male role models including Genghis Khan, H7G, his other masters. However, his was still a broken home.

Yang Guo: Father died before he was born. Mother was poor and always in bad health and died when he was a kid. Had Guo Jing for a male role model but only briefly. Learning from DuGu Qio Bai the way he did fits him perfectly because DuGu taught him in absentia. A omnipresent Sifu would have suffocated him.

Zhang WuJi: Had a good childhood up until he was 10 (15?) after which his parents committed suicide before his eyes. The most sad of the Condor Trilogy because, in effect, his parents chose honor and each other over him.

Duan Yu: Had both parents but they were largely seperated.

Xu Zhu: Was a monk and did not know his parents until he was full grown.

Shi Po Tian: Seperated from his parents from birth.

Ling Hu Chong: Closest to Qiao Feng in luck with family, ultimately though, he was not raised by his parents.
    Last edited by Dirt; 05-15-04 at 04:07 AM.

Question

Would Chan Jia Luo be someone who has a happy childhood?

I think he did have a happy childhood didn't he? I mean he seem to be the only JY or only wuxia character that didn't have to go avenge his parents right?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Well, Di Yun (or Dik Wun) had a pretty peaceful life growing up with his master and his childhood lover. It only stuffed up when his master was killed.

CJL is relatively happy before the Qian Long affair!

Was WXB happy? He was pretty wordly at a young age so what would be his range for childhood?

And talking about XF, he killed that doctor because his mother was poor and couldn't afford to get a doctor for his sick father. So his childhood was pretty poor, though the Beggar Clan and Shaolin looked after him.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

nope he didnt, he was sent to learn kung fu since he was little, and perhaps he knew that he had to carry out very big burden in the future too.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Ha....WXB never knew who has father was and his mom was a dried out prostitute and WXB grew up in a brothel. Dang, who wouldn't grow up to be someone like WXB with that background. No fatherly figure and no real education. Yes, I don't like WXB too much. Sorry. I find him funny but that's it. He's just a lucky guy.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Originally posted by ToOn99
    nope he didnt, he was sent to learn kung fu since he was little, and perhaps he knew that he had to carry out very big burden in the future too.
    But he still had both parents.

Originally posted by charbydis
    And talking about XF, he killed that doctor because his mother was poor and couldn't afford to get a doctor for his sick father. So his childhood was pretty poor, though the Beggar Clan and Shaolin looked after him.
    But he still had both parents. I'm sure Zhang Wuji would have traded all the money in the world for his parents back.

It never ceases to amaze me how fiercely defensive of Xiao Feng people are.

EDIT- combined posts since you were talking about the same person anyway.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-15-04 at 04:42 AM.

Parents present does not always equal good childhood!

A good childhood depends on how happy the child is in the environment, what he/she needs and what he/she is offered.

I didn't say XF had the most tragic childhood ever. I am just pointing out that he is not as happy growing up as you think he is. XF was very content with both parents, but faced the reality of life when he was young, without money and without power. He didn't blame his parents, but he was angry towards those who looked down on him.

In fact, he didn't get proper (martial arts) education until he was 6? 7? and before then, he probably had to to work hard to help his parents survive.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

i'll say duan yu will have the best childhood.. yeah his parents are always bickering and stuff like tat but he has both their love... plus his uncle the king obviously dotes on him...

just look at him at the beginning of the series... innocent and completely oblivious to the world outside... shows he had a good childhood.. it takes tat for an adult to behave like tat.. he tot tat all was good outside

Originally posted by charbydis
    Parents present does not always equal good childhood!

A good childhood depends on how happy the child is in the environment, what he/she needs and what he/she is offered.

I didn't say XF had the most tragic childhood ever. I am just pointing out that he is not as happy growing up as you think he is. XF was very content with both parents, but faced the reality of life when he was young, without money and without power. He didn't blame his parents, but he was angry towards those who looked down on him.

In fact, he didn't get proper (martial arts) education until he was 6? 7? and before then, he probably had to to work hard to help his parents survive.
    In JY's world, that isn't too shabby!
    I'd say DY had the best childhood followed by LHC
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Nearly everybody in GL's world had a horrible childhood. Should we include them as well?

E.g.

- Ah Fei
    - Jin Wu Ming
    - The Ji sisters
    - Xiao Yu Er
    - Bai Fei Fei , etc...
    Cyril Connolly

Duan Yu: the worst thing he had to endure was his dad forcing him to learn kung fu. You can tell because he ran away from home because of it. Being rich, royalty, and having both parents is pretty useful for his side of the argument here .

I agree with DY having the best childhood.

Originally posted by rabadi
    I agree with DY having the best childhood.
    I second that.

i agree, it's duan yu. he not only had best childhood, he is also one of the luckiest characters in jy stories.

I agree that it's DY. He is royalty, has both his parents(even though they argue due to his father's unfaithfulness), has an uncle that loves him, guards that take care of him,etc.... Most of the other characters don't have that...

Bai Fei Fei had a bad childhood too?? Who are the Ji sisters?
    Last edited by Trinie; 05-18-04 at 08:19 AM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.